• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Martin-Baker: A Pakistan Air Force JF-17 Block 2 aircraft, On Wednesday 5th June crashed near the Jhang district. The pilot successfully ejected.

Princeps

Dec 18, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Your PAF pilot once managed worse. PAF is the only Air Force to have had air to air fratricide kill of a F-16, the only one in it's history.
Locking at and launching a missile at your own Heli because of your desi jugar IFF is infinitely worse than a early variant sidewinder going haywire. IAF has had its own fratricide involving a infrared AAM in 1971.

Should I also bring up the Mirage 2000 that crashed into a Su-30MKI midair recently?

nahtanbob

Elite Member
Sep 24, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Got to agree with you on this one

PAF always maintained higher standards as compared to its opponents

It should maintain same standards in transparency as well

The transparency should have nothing to do with India. It is the minimum obligation to the citizens and military personnel of Pakistan

ziaulislam

Elite Member
Apr 22, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Question is not about JF-17s crash but seriousness of PAF and doubts about actual number of crashes PAF hidden from the public till date.
Nothing is hidden...reports are available all over the place

Raider 21

Think Tank Analyst
Feb 18, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Your PAF pilot once managed worse. PAF is the only Air Force to have had air to air fratricide kill of a F-16, the only one in it's history.

In the fog of war, mistakes happen. The best air forces have had friendly fire incidents in their histories.

This behaviour that shooting down 1 MiG-21 Bison pilot somehow shows that the PAF can take on the IAF in a longer war and not a skirmish reveals a mindset that is more than willing to leave aside realities and live in a la la land.

The world didn't get involved, it was your PM desperately trying to call our PM to call a truce.

QJ Bajwa knew EXACTLY what the status of your armed forces was to be able to take on the Indian armed forces in a real conflict. Tanks that don't work, etc. etc. Ergo, the pair thar thar kaapna aur maathe pe paseena aana.
PAF still admitted friendly fire within a few days. Unofficially there is another F-16 shot down by a friendly country during anti ISIS ops......that unfortunate pilot was burned alive.

Pakistan Space Agency

Apr 22, 2019
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
It's called cover up.

Example - someone killed someone, you are a eyes witness, police asked everyone if they saw the killer... Everyone keep quiet including you.

Later if you say, I not denied that I have seen the murder. Proof me if I have denied it. I am innocent here... Anyway It's also called "cover up".. purpose could be different might you fear or might you are friend of murder.. etc

People around the world not fool actually and they do understand, why Pakistani airforce keeping silent on this. Everyone understands the purpose
Nonsense.

• The PAF does not have to announce anything. There's no law requiring them to do so.
  • On top of that they're probably just carrying out some investigations and they don't feel the urgency to announce anything.

Jayetsena

Dec 27, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Tell that to your fellow compatriots who are still trying to prove it
Two wrongs doesn't make thing right... You are an Elite member, new bees should look up to you. Aapko ey shobha nai dete hai bhai.

Jayetsena

Dec 27, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Nonsense.

• The PAF does not have to announce anything. There's no law requiring them to do so.
  • On top of that they're probably just carrying out some investigations and they don't feel the urgency to announce anything.
Might be true... But being silent puts question on Integrity. They could have clarified on X itself on the day of incident that matter is under investigation. Now they have spend extra efforts to clean the mess.
I think Pakistan has to work to rebuild their Image and credibility.

All the best Pakistan.

Pakistan Space Agency

Apr 22, 2019
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Might be true... But being silent puts question on Integrity. They could have clarified on X itself on the day of incident that matter is under investigation. Now they have spend extra efforts to clean the mess.
I think Pakistan has to work to rebuild their Image and credibility.

All the best Pakistan.
Says who they're having yo "spend extra efforts to clean the mess."?

They've informed Martin Baker and probably other relevant parties. They've probably decided to delay the announcement till the next ISPR meeting with the journalists is due.

Currently, the PAF link doesn't even work.

Last edited:

MirageBlue

Feb 20, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Locking at and launching a missile at your own Heli because of your desi jugar IFF is infinitely worse than a early variant sidewinder going haywire. IAF has had its own fratricide involving a infrared AAM in 1971.

Should I also bring up the Mirage 2000 that crashed into a Su-30MKI midair recently?

Air to air collisions are common. There are plenty that one can find if one searches.

The most recent one was on video- Malaysian helis crashing into each other during a demonstration.

As for what is worse, shooting down a heli which had it's IFF switched off versus shooting down a wingman with a Sidewinder, they're both fratricides. Doesn't matter how it came to be.

AJKashmir1

Dec 10, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Air to air collisions are common. There are plenty that one can find if one searches.

The most recent one was on video- Malaysian helis crashing into each other during a demonstration.

As for what is worse, shooting down a heli which had it's IFF switched off versus shooting down a wingman with a Sidewinder, they're both fratricides. Doesn't matter how it came to be.
Why are they so common?

Users who are viewing this thread