Naidu, Nitish assured they will oppose Waqf Bill, says AIMPLB chief. ‘Nationwide stir if it’s passed’

India as a state does nothing, literally NOTHING to represent Indian Muslims, hell it barely represents Indian Sikhs, Christians or anyone else
All of these, including Muslim Indians, get representation in parliamentary constituencies. Should we go back to the 1930s, and retreat from universal suffrage and universal representation to limited suffrage as well as limited representation?

For hundreds of MILLIONS of people, this is a pathetic state to find themselves in
Is there even a single Indian who is unrepresented by a parliamentary representative?

For hundreds of MILLIONS of people, this is a pathetic state to find themselves in

Last I heard Indian parliament had 4 Indian Muslims out of. 200 million population
This is different from being unrepresented. It amounts to reverting to limited electorates - restricted electorates - a concept that cannot co-exist with a secular society and secular government and administration.

The consequences of this is the few organizations like the Waqf who protect Indian Muslim history, culture, buildings and lands are constantly under attack,
Yeah, right.

First time in 75 years and suddenly it has been under threat from the outset.

Either get your spectacles tested, or sit down and read an history book that is not written for Pakistan Studies.

and now subject to politicians who don't have Indian Muslim interests at heart and worst are openly hostile to Indian Muslims
A phase. It is already under correction.

You missed the bus.

This is why I consider the bhakts of this world to be cowards.

They are heard at their pompous best everywhere, every time, except when it comes to defending the Indian state, the Indian constitution or the state of prevailing conditions in India. When that comes up, all we see is emojis.

Gutless is too soft a word to describe them.

A phase. It is already under correction.

You missed the bus.

Look, I get it, you believe in a India for all and a secular Congress

But the reality we live in, is the politicians who represent Indian Muslims barely have any of their interests at heart

India as a state pushes one single narrative and that is of the Hindu state, idols, temples and all the rest of it
Name me ONE, Indian program, Indian ship, Indian Missile or Tank or anything named after a Indian Muslim historical figure, or from the language or anything

Do you understand what I'm trying to say, as a state India does nothing to represent these people and the few organizations like the Waqf that have some control over securing and preserving Indian Muslim identity, history and culture are under attack

This is law-fare, in a parliament with very few Muslim voices, which could leave hundreds of millions of people at risk from losing a organization that preserves their identity

Ultimately this is the fruition of Jinnah message and warning whether you like it or not

Name me ONE, Indian program, Indian ship, Indian Missile or Tank or anything named after a Indian Muslim historical figure, or from the language or anything
maxresdefault.jpg

not a Hindi / devanagri word I'm quite sure

or it'd be baaj lol

Why is politics around Waqf Boards?​

Members of Waqf Boards hold significant influence over voters from Muslim communities. These members are directly or indirectly connected with political parties. Congress, the Samajwadi Party, AIMIMI, TMC and other regional parties which toe the line of secularism always oppose the move to any legal reform in the subjects related to the Muslim community. The same kind of criticism emerged when the Centre brought the Triple Talaq Bill to end the discriminatory tradition against women. The AIMPLB urged allies of the ruling NDA and opposition parties to "completely reject any such move" and not allow such amendments to be passed in Parliament.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...waqf-boards-to-snatch-the-property-of-hindus/

In 2013, this Act was further amended to give unlimited powers to Waqf Boards to snatch anyone’s property, which even could not be challenged in any court of law. In March 2014, just before the commencement of Lok Sabha Elections, the Congress gifted 123 prime properties in Delhi to Delhi Waqf Board by using this law. Due to this black law, thousands of acres of land of Hindus have been snatched away in the country so far. Recently Tamil Nadu waqf Board has declared 6 Villages of Tamil Nadu, including a 1500 years old Hindu Temple as Waqf property.

In fact, the Hindus who came to India after partition from Pakistan, their properties in Pakistan were occupied by the Muslims and the Government of Pakistan. But the Government of India gave the land of Muslims who went from India to Pakistan to the Waqf Boards.

According to the data of Waqf Management System of India, at present there are a total 8,54,509 properties with Waqf Boards which are spread over more than eight lakh acres of land. You will be surprised to know that after the Army and Railways, most of the land is with the Waqf Boards.

Section 40 of the Waqf Act states that when the Waqf Board lays a claim on the land of a person, it is not the responsibility of the Waqf Board to prove the claim on the land, but the real owner of the land has to prove the ownership of his land.

VIEWS:

How can a Country with Constitution, that says secular in its preamble have such law? Doesn't a secular nation mean, everyone is governed the same way?

Secular effectively means: Rules for thee, Not me.

But the reality we live in, is the politicians who represent Indian Muslims barely have any of their interests at heart
I assure you, 60% of Indians don't agree with the 40% who have elected religious bigots to power. Look at the figures and gauge for yourself.

India as a state pushes one single narrative and that is of the Hindu state, idols, temples and all the rest of it
That is exactly 10 years old, from 2014 onwards, when a criminal came to power.

Idols and temples? A political stunt by people who sold their religious beliefs in the open market to come to power. Would you, yourself, honestly count such scum as belonging to ANY religion? Answer with your conscience, there is no compulsion.

That is an excellent point, and I truly agree, but that is also the result of the services having given up much of their freedom of action to the babus at the centre. To have had a universalist approach, we would have had to run the risk - as you can see from the neighbourhood, a real risk - of the military becoming too strong.

I agree that this should be corrected. It does not amount to more than a cultural slur, however, it is not an existential threat.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say, as a state India does nothing to represent these people and the few organizations like the Waqf that have some control over securing and preserving Indian Muslim identity, history and culture are under attack
I disagree.
Read the writings and watch the videos of Professor Faizan Mustafa, my former VC, who puts the case for Muslim Indians in far fairer form than the self-appointed AIMPLB.

This is law-fare, in a parliament with very few Muslim voices, which could leave hundreds of millions of people at risk from losing a organization that preserves their identity
Won't happen.

That's what this thread is all about, remember?

Ultimately this is the fruition of Jinnah message and warning whether you like it or not
In fact, I have personally evolved from subscribing to Jinnah's role - not his political position - as a totally positive one, to thinking of it as a step too far, as a confused conclusion to his brief from the collective that entrusted him with their care.

You will disagree, but we can discuss why there can be such a point of view about the great man.

@husain0216

I am at this point very very surprised at your posts and my reaction. Without hypocrisy, I had thought you to be a rabid Muslim bigot, with nothing but negative thoughts about the entire body of Hindus, and nothing to offer but violent and bloody solutions.

This thread has given me a wholly different insight into your posts. Clearly, your anguish is genuine, and it drives many statements and posts that taken in isolation might be hurtful or even offensive in impact.

I think you are wrong, but not maliciously inclined. It is a point of view generated here and now, and it governs a desire to let you express yourself freely without obstruction.

I hope I am right.

@Nilgiri
@Krptonite

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/blogs/no-free-lunch/the-curious-case-of-the-waqf-board/

It became a big issue in Tamil Nadu recently where a Hindu farmer went to sell some land for his daughter’s wedding and was told by the local registrar’s office that the land was not his to sell and he would need permission from the Waqf Board. The land was with his family for years along with the lands belonging to several villages in the area amounting to some 400 acres, all of which had belonged to the Hindus for generations.

The farmer was at a loss. According to the Waqf Board law, he would now have to go before a Muslim tribunal where someone well versed in Islam would judge if the land belonged to him or to the Allah. The Waqf board law says all lands that belonged to it were in Allah’s name.

he head of the Waqf board, a kindly gentleman, was interviewed on TV and he confirmed that the Hindu villages, including a 1500-year-old Chola temple, did indeed belong to the Waqf Board and were given to them by their forefathers.

VIEW: LOL a 1500 yr old temple was given to WAQF by their fore-fathers!!!! Excellent Secularism

It is not only Hindus who are upset with the way the Waqf Board is being administered. In some cases, as in UP, burial land was sold by the Waqf board for a mall to local politicians and obviously the Muslims were upset. It did not benefit the community at all, only the board members, all well placed Muslims, got the proceeds of the sale.

Recently, it was reported that a Muslim gentlemen Hafiz Qureshi had lodged a complaint against AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan over misuse of Waqf board property. Qureshi had alleged with the authorities that the MLA had his own people in the board and instead of five members voting on decisions he had only two members vote for decisions made to sell or lease Asf properties.

VIEW: So its not just Hindus, but also Muslims who have negative views on WAQF administration!!!! WOW WOW

As far as Temples are concerned, Doc sb. they are govt regulated iinw ?

but not Mosques and Churches, and they, incidentally (though perhaps not surprisingly) are beneficiaries of foreign funding from their parent organizations abroad.

right ?

Exactly what I suspect.

The government cannot be seen giving ancestral historical temple land to Adani and co.

Hindus will bury Modi and BJP and the sangh for the next 500 years.

But if private temple trusts run by priests and pandas do it?

Diabolical.

Cheers, Doc

Exactly what I suspect.

The government cannot be seen giving ancestral historical temple land to Adani and co.

Diabolical.

Cheers, Doc
Stay on topic please

topic is Waqf

Exactly what I suspect.

Diabolical.

Cheers, Doc
Your point about the alternative method to hand over temple property (a wrong categorisation) to private trusts and priests and pandas is very sharp. However, there are false equivalences being proposed to you.

Please look up who is entitled to govern religious property, and the status of property supposed to belong to temples. It does not belong to the temple; the temple has no existence in the law governing these properties. The temple does not earn. There is zero equivalence with Church and Mosque earnings (not property) from donations, local or foreign, and it is a canard spread by bhakts like two idiots who are clouding the whole argument. Ignore this bait.

Last edited:
Stay on topic please

topic is Waqf
Please be careful, as you shouldn't troll. It means only post what is true.

Now wait for two seconds for magic to happen , MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC

SO MAGIC DID HAPPEN :eek::eek:

Change this and show us all what you are

Attachments

• freedom-speech-meme-funny-social-media-sharing-political-correctness-issue-172122789.png
    freedom-speech-meme-funny-social-media-sharing-political-correctness-issue-172122789.png
    338 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Please be careful, as you shouldn't troll. It means only post what is true.

Now wait for two seconds for magic to happen , MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC
I posted the topic as is, from a very neutral source.

ThePrint is anything but sanghi afaik.

I posted the topic as is, from a very neutral source.

ThePrint is anything but sanghi afaik.
There is nothing or no one, that is/or neutral. Its all agenda driven, we just don't know the threads behind that is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back