No JF-17 B3 with PL-15 Air to Air Missile (yet)

adnanash903

Mar 1, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Is there any picture of Block 3 with PL-15 long range BVR missile. until now we hear the missile is fused with B3, but I haven't seen any picture. there is a picture of prototype aircraft with PL-10 high off bore sight missile.
kindly share if there is any operational picture of the fighter
rUGoSl0_gNJej9lpnW7mP5PJnEDmtjdUrqDTfaxeVyU.jpg
ghter aircraft with PL-15 missile....

Source:
NA

adnanash903

Mar 1, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I have also info that JFB3 is integrated with PL-15 but there is no picture. I don't know why PAF, which showed every corner of its capabilities like UAVs, future procurements etc., haven't released any information in this respect. Does the PL-15 dimension for PAF is only with J-10C?

MastanKhan

Think Tank
Dec 26, 2005
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I have also info that JFB3 is integrated with PL-15 but there is no picture. I don't know why PAF, which showed every corner of its capabilities like UAVs, future procurements etc., haven't released any information in this respect. Does the PL-15 dimension for PAF is only with J-10C?
Hi,

Nothing unusual in that---.

The CM400AKG was integrated with the BLK2's many a years ago---but then suddenly the pictures disappeared and newcomers would claim it is not integrated with CM400's as they could not find any pictures---.

Last edited:

Deino

INT'L MOD
Nov 9, 2014
Such a clickbait title... :mad:

Well yes, but in fact I have much more stupid threads and titles. As such, asking what about the PL-15 on a JF-17C - especially since always claimed to be one of its core weapons for that type is well justified.

By the way, this was posted yesterday even if I'm not that sure about it: Allegedly a JF-17C with PL-15 during weapon trials at CAC.

JF-17C + PL-15 allegedly - 20240303.jpg

1709587686640.png

War Lord

Aug 27, 2013
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Well yes, but in fact I have much more stupid threads and titles. As such, asking what about the PL-15 on a JF-17C - especially since always claimed to be one of its core weapons for that type is well justified.

By the way, this was posted yesterday even if I'm not that sure about it: Allegedly a JF-17C with PL-15 during weapon trials at CAC.

View attachment 23650
View attachment 23651

Thanks!

Now I'm glad I clicked on this thread. :LOL:

arslank01

Feb 5, 2022
In fact there was a second image posted today on Twitter showing the same aircraft a bit clearer with what appears to be a PL-15 under its wings, but I wasn‘t able to save it and it seems to be gone!
it being gone is a good sign!

Ali_Baba

May 27, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
In fact there was a second image posted today on Twitter showing the same aircraft a bit clearer with what appears to be a PL-15 under its wings, but I wasn‘t able to save it and it seems to be gone!

It would be good to have some level of confirmation of this capabilityfor sure. The posted picture does not contain the fins i would expect a BVR missile to have - it is possible that what we think are BVR missiles are part of the testing tools/instrumentation for the aircraft for the test flights.

Last edited:

War Lord

Aug 27, 2013
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

No worries, I believe you Dino.

MasterChief

Dec 12, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
It would be good to have some level of confirmation of this capabilityfor sure. The posted picture does not contain the fins i would expect a BVR missile to have - it is possible that what we think are BVR missiles are part of the testing tools/instrumentation for the aircraft for the test flights.
PL 15 does not have midbody fins I believe. Remember a picture of it on SU30 type Chinese aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread