PAF Future Acquisition Plans

Hi,

The question remains to be answered---would your machines die any different due to a different taxpayer---.

Nope. the machines would be fine.

Are there any more sugar daddies in the world I forgot ?

Because that is the official PAF plans. KAAN is our own project now. KAAN will be produced in Pakistan. And J-31 will be bought from China. And 6th Generation are really far away. J-31 is coming now and KAAN will join us in 6 to 8 years. @nahtanbob We know about the costs but it seems you have no clue how many inductions which we have done in last few decades trust if we look at our officially announced budget none of them would make sense to you.

oh please come back to reality … first J-31 within the next 18 months without explaining any reason I gave why it is impossible and now your claim Kaan could be delivered in 6-8 years. It has no engine yet and still not in 8 years and the F110 I think is no longer an option even more so since not sufficient for this monster of a fighter.

please come back to reality.

oh please come back to reality … first J-31 within the next 18 months without explaining any reason I gave why it is impossible and now your claim Kaan could be delivered in 6-8 years. It has no engine yet and still not in 8 years and the F110 I think is no longer an option even more so since not sufficient for this monster of a fighter.

please come back to reality.
I live in reality Sir. I know the difference between Pakistan's relation with USA and Pakistan's relation with China. We even have inducted weapons from China without ever announcing them. They only ended up either being shown in parade or in some exercises. This won't never happen in case of USA. Like I said we signed the deal for J-10 C in May of 2021 and it was never announced to public. In December 2021 Sheikh Rahseed railway minister of Pakistan ended up opening his mouth about J-10 C coming to Pakistan and in March of 2022 J-10 C were in Pakistan. So, if PAF chief has announced J-31 are coming so now, you can now easily guess how long it would take for J-31 to be in Pakistan. Now you will think of where money is coming from, also the fact that we have only seen 3 prototypes of J-31 yet. Sir I have stopped thinking about that long ago and I would suggest you do the same. Our officially announced budget and the inductions we do and the size of our Armed Forces, nothing makes sense but somehow, we are doing it. So, please focus on J-31 induction on this forum and how fast it can come. In some shape or form J-31 will be here. Maybe we test J-31 prototype 4 or 5 in Pakistan or may be J-31 is ready to enter mass production or at least small batch. All I know, J 31 is coming and INSHALLAH coming very soon.

I live in reality Sir. I know the difference between Pakistan's relation with USA and Pakistan's relation with China. We even have inducted weapons from China without ever announcing them. They only ended up either being shown in parade or in some exercises. This won't never happen in case of USA. Like I said we signed the deal for J-10 C in May of 2021 and it was never announced to public. In December 2021 Sheikh Rahseed railway minister of Pakistan ended up opening his mouth about J-10 C coming to Pakistan and in March of 2022 J-10 C were in Pakistan. So, if PAF chief has announced J-31 are coming so now, you can now easily guess how long it would take for J-31 to be in Pakistan. Now you will think of where money is coming from, also the fact that we have only seen 3 prototypes of J-31 yet. Sir I have stopped thinking about that long ago and I would suggest you do the same. Our officially announced budget and the inductions we do and the size of our Armed Forces, nothing makes sense but somehow, we are doing it. So, please focus on J-31 induction on this forum and how fast it can come. In some shape or form J-31 will be here. Maybe we test J-31 prototype 4 or 5 in Pakistan or may be J-31 is ready to enter mass production or at least small batch. All I know, J 31 is coming and INSHALLAH coming very soon.

Sir, I know that and that's exactly what I do not understand ... I know you so far as a realistic, reasonable and honest man! But here it is simply not doable.

The story you explained already more than once in comparison to the J-10C is moot, since the J-10 in 2021, when the contract was signed, already a mature system, The J-31 in fact is non-existent yet ... in fact it only flew as the J-35 in 2021 and even a lot of development time can surely be saved since two demonstrators flew, even in 18 months the J-35 will not be ready for the PLAN and even lesser for an export customer.

Again, I do not deny the Air Chief's words "soon it will..." and even more I have no doubt in the PAF's intentions but even if one would rate the future J-31 a (structurally) simpler derivate of the J-35, you need at least 5-6 years of testing. Just a comparison to the J-20 might help: First flown in early 2011 - service entry in late 2016 or almost 6 years later, which already is an exceptionally short time. So if you take the J-35's maiden flight date in late 2021 as a benchmark, it will IMO take at least a comparable time and similar number (IMO even more due to the more demanding program) ... so at best after 2026/2027 "could" be service entry within the PLAN and that's in mind they have already several aircraft in test while the J-31 is still not existent!

And about Kaan, I think it is simply useless to speak before an indigenous engine is ready, which will never happen before 203x.

Last edited:
The F-16s are courtesy of American taxpayers. The J-17 and J-10 are courtesy of Chinese taxpayers. Turks are not that rich to finance you.
Yeah, and operating a J10C with AESA, IRST and extensive digital ECM it is cheap and paid... by chinese too. Maybe they pay even the meals of the Pakistan air force pilots.
Pakistanis are not israelis.

The j10 purchase came as direct response to Indian rafale entry
It's taken five years to happen as the rafale came 2019/ 2020...
It was not overnight purchase

The fact that J10 only came now leads me to believe j31 is years and years away . Away
It's not even in full production
But by 2030 maybe

As for Kaan that's just fantasy
The plane is Turkish prototype I my decade away to entering service in turkey ...

It's a kin to India ordering Tempest or Fcas which is far more likely to happen than Pak getting Kaan..
Why because India has previous history of buying euro jets and as the finance in place especially by 2040

Hi

The fact that J10 only came now leads me to believe j31 is years and years away . Away
But by 2030 maybe

The plane is Turkish prototype I my decade away to entering service in turkey ...

It's a kin to India ordering Tempest or Fcas which is far more likely to happen than Pak getting Kaan..
Why because India has previous history of buying euro jets and as the finance in place especially by 2040
Hi,
let’s make it simple by thumb rule,
1 when IAF will be able to get AMCA/ or any other
5the generation fighter
2 Let’s assume IAF is getting something beyond
the present capabilities of PAF like a 5th generation
3 No exaggeration within a year or two I should say PAF start getting something similar in small
numbers
so let’s stick to once IAF get something PAF will too, as this can be judged the moment IAF bought Rafale(seriously) PAF start getting J10c
thank you

But by 2030 maybe

India was invited to join the Tempest. India declined. What do you make of it ?

Kindly keep the discussion centered around PAF and its purchase policy, any theory-crafting reading other nations will be deemed o/t and deleted.

Because that is the official PAF plans. KAAN is our own project now. KAAN will be produced in Pakistan. And J-31 will be bought from China. And 6th Generation are really far away. J-31 is coming now and KAAN will join us in 6 to 8 years. @nahtanbob We know about the costs but it seems you have no clue how many inductions which we have done in last few decades trust if we look at our officially announced budget none of them would make sense to you.
We should have a respectful thumbs down button, I don't understand why we can't express a simple disagreement but only anger or laughter

India does not have money and Britain is not sharing intellectual property rights

Indian defense budget is larger than UK defense budget and even larger than french or Germans too

Indian issue is not two three four billion dollars it's what technology and learns Indian DRDO likely to make

In addition purchase of Tempest by Iaf is not linked to India getting involved in it's development

UK will sell Tempest if India wants it
No issue there

So if and when J31 arrives in Pakistan be sure any of the Improved Su57 from Russia or Tempest or Fcas France USA F35 are all realistic options

Especially if Amca is delayed beyond 2040

We should have a respectful thumbs down button, I don't understand why we can't express a simple disagreement but only anger or laughter
No anger or laughter. Just telling you the straightforward truth. Pakistan plans include to have two fifth generation fighters by 2030s. One will come really soon. KAAN will be here by 2030.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back