PAF Future Acquisition Plans

Chill bro, This is China we are talking about, not Boeing or LM. Reality is stranger than fiction. Study their track record with us. Don't look for the obvious, look for the NOT SO obvious.

Last but not least, do enjoy your weekend. Cheers!

Well, in fact I enjoy it very much but just since I do so - and even more so since I respect @Zarvan so much - I do not understand his logic!

I'm already a member here since so many years and if every thing would be true some folks here claimed with much brahoo and "brother, I told you" promises, the PAF would already fly hundreds of J-11; J-16; J-20 and also secretly acquired Eurofighters ... as such the first conclusion is, it all takes time and most what was claimed in such forums is often not more than hot air! And second even if ... it takes even molnger, comes later and the numbers are much lowever than claimed!

As such, there are not 60-80 J-10CEs yet like some claimed, but just about 20, similar the JF-17C came late and the Z-10ME is also not yet (at least officially) out of the box.
Therefore again, YES I enjoy following what happens next but others should relax too ... it all will take time, a lot of time and surely it will take longer than 1.5 years!

Happy weekend brother; Cheers!

Sir when it comes to Pakistani Armed Forces, our recent acquisitions, our size and our officially announced budget if you want to make sense of any of it you would fail miserably. So. let's focus on J-31 and other future plans of PAF.
Hi,

Thank you for this post---. Even though it has happened so many times---yet they have a hard time understanding how pakistan arranges for the procurement of equipment so fast---.

After seeing the results---by now every mouth should have been shut down---but they cannot see the light---.

I'm already a member here since so many years and if every thing would be true some folks here claimed with much brahoo and "brother, I told you" promises, the PAF would already fly hundreds of J-11; J-16; J-20 and also secretly acquired Eurofighters ... as such the first conclusion is, it all takes time and most what was claimed in such forums is often not more than hot air! And second even if ... it takes even molnger, comes later and the numbers are much lowever than claimed!

Happy weekend brother; Cheers!
Hi,

I am pretty sure you would follow your claim with that post from that poster to prove your point---.

This is a pak defence forum---and not a 'truth' forum---.

Hi,

I am pretty sure you would follow your claim with that post from that poster to prove your point---.

This is a pak defence forum---and not a 'truth' forum---.

Yes, especially with you as the main directorate for false-information, misleading and insulting posts! Thank god, not all members here and at the old forum are that corrupted characters.

A perfect summary and reply to all these IMO plain illogical claims.

I would even go that far and wage a bet especially with one certain "grumpy old member" 🤗 ... if indeed within the next 1.5 years (aka exactly on 1st August 2025 calculated from 1st February 2024 = from today!) a Pakistan Air Force J-31 will appear I will post an open apology on all my social account headlined by "Deino knows nothing on the PAF!" and will immediately resign from this form, delete my account and never come back! (the same however I request from this certain member in return if nothing happens!)

Come on, old man... just again more lies, false reports, insults but not the decency to stand up for the claims made? 😙
Deino dear there no need to be this much impassioned if one party has taken the extreme position there is no need for you to take the other extreme position .... There is no official time is given by Air Chief for Induction of J-31 his word about laying the foundation for J-31 could only mean some sort of agreement for J-31 is done tidbits for agreement could comes in public knowledge at some suitable time till then all we can do is wait.

Btw if we recall some the previous report of media specially Indian Media regarding PAF's negotiations for NGF with China specially in the presence of Pakistan China Joint Military Cooperation Committee (PCJMCC) points towards this possiblity.

In any case suggested time line by few members is not true

Last edited:
Yes, especially with you as the main directorate for false-information, misleading and insulting posts! Thank god, not all members here and at the old forum are that corrupted characters.
Hi,

Just show one post which has that exagerrated claim for the numbers that you claim---.

As a pakistani---I have an inherent right to defend my motherland---either thru correct information or misleading to the enemy information---.

If the USA can mislead the world for 15 years as to how big a failure the F-35 is thru different outspoken sources---everybody else can do the same for their motherland.

Last edited:
If the J-31 was imminently available, then the PAF wouldn't have bought the J-10CE. However, the fact that it did acquire the J-10CE shows us that there's going to be some time between now and when the PAF can operationalize the J-31.

IMO, from 2024 to 2034, the PAF will try adding J-10CEs in incremental batches. It'll aim to reach a fleet size of at least 80-90 units. From the 2030s, the J-31 will start entering the picture, but as a replacement for the older F-16A/Bs.
After 2030s paf will add 5th generation + stealth Strike drones. Paf showed interest in J10s during 2006 but inducted them in 2022 when they were required and had the right capability, the same will be applied to J35s, we don't need them at the moment so why would paf induct them, its more beneficial for us to wait till it becomes a mature platform to induct.

Last edited:
To clarify my point
I am not suggesting India has or will have tens times the equipment
I merely pointing out the huge financial handicap PAF faces which will continue to get bigger based on current trajectory .

Outsmarting Chinese good will can give you breathing space

But medium.to long term.you are outgunned

India will induct alot more than PAF and far bigger cost will ensure the current gap remains or gets bigger in Indian favour

You said India is inefficient in modernising

That I agree with defo

But this complancey is not indefinite
I think paf would agree to this, in the future India with its huge economy will have 1500 fighter jets v Pakistan 500. 3 - 1 advantage. Paf aim is to make sure our airforce is effective enough to deal with the rising iaf threat and so far paf had done an extraordinary job. Would it be worth it for India to loose more than 50% of its airforce due to a war with Pakistan, I think it wouldn't be a good move from India and iaf would also agree. When you have no choice but to go to war then that is a whole different scenario where dangerous weapons will be used to finish each other off, that would go against the interests of both India and Pakistan.

Go off-topic it will be instant thread ban, sorry no warnings now.
I'm tried of seeing posts about politics, my country's weapons industry is better than yours, can Pakistan afford it etc.
The last few replies I'll let.

Gentlemen - its time to return to jets please

Folks, please stay on topic as @Waz and @Oscar have requested a number of times already now.

Please take larger strategic off topic chat (e.g IND vs PAK wherewithal, past, present and future etc) to Munir doctrine thread....read at least the last cpl pages there and continue from that over there:

Don't turn this into persistent negative OT stuff like deino-bashing or "india sucks haha".... or repeating other off topic circular talk that already had pages of it earlier.

The former is childish and cringe (given Deino's knowledge on subject matter at hand).... and the latter I will be happy to take certain misinformed folks to the cleaners about if they have the guts to continue in the proper thread for it as that will definitely get off topic for this one.

ONLY actual relevant new things and new analysis on the proposed acquisitions in this thread from now on, that's it please.

Hi,

Just show one post which has that exagerrated claim for the numbers that you claim---.

As a pakistani---I have an inherent right to defend my motherland---either thru correct information or misleading to the enemy information---.

If the USA can mislead the world for 15 years as to how big a failure the F-35 is thru different outspoken sources---everybody else can do the same for their motherland.

USA never mislead anyone on the F-35. The F-35s had issues. Nothing that was not fixable

None of us think Pakistan can build a 5th generation combat aircraft "Azm" when you cannot even build a passenger car. Sure you can always acquire one from China and paint it as yours.

I can tell the Indian Air Force is not impressed with the PAF. They are taking their sweet time on all their combat aircraft acquisitions.

A perfect summary and reply to all these IMO plain illogical claims.

I would even go that far and wage a bet especially with one certain "grumpy old member" 🤗 ... if indeed within the next 1.5 years (aka exactly on 1st August 2025 calculated from 1st February 2024 = from today!) a Pakistan Air Force J-31 will appear I will post an open apology on all my social account headlined by "Deino knows nothing on the PAF!" and will immediately resign from this form, delete my account and never come back! (the same however I request from this certain member in return if nothing happens!)

Come on, old man... just again more lies, false reports, insults but not the decency to stand up for the claims made? 😙
South Asia is full of wanna be---- Indian wanna be American MIC and make future weapons..... Pakistani wanna be US or UK military and make Indians and Israel bow down.... Bangladesh wanna be the next Asian tiger and become next South Korea, Taiwan, Japan.....

When their ambition hits reality it is painful--- So they live in dreams. Dream of "game changer, superpower, world preacher", dream of "conquerer and defender of ummat", dream of "prosperity, factory of the world".

@Panzerkiel @RescueRanger

Do we have a bomb similar to the MOAB? Basically like a city annihilator but without the use of nukes
MOAB is not city annihilator. It has explosive equivalent to 11 tons of high explosive or TNT. 11 tons and not 11 kilo or 11,000 tons. It is good for clearing caves.

Last edited:
MOAB is not city annihilator. It has explosive equivalent to 11 tons of high explosive or TNT. 11 tons and not 11 kilo or 11,000 tons. It is good for clearing caves.
I've read that it's blast radius is 1 miles which is still pretty decent.

Is there even anything that is non-nuclear that could annihilate cities?

If within the next decade or beyond Pakistan equips itself with stealth fighters - it will definitely upset the 'balance of power' as the Americans have defined it.

So what will be the excuse cause for sanctions or suppression against Pakistan? They will have to react in some manner to reverse things and re-introduce a 'balance' into the playing field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back