PAF Future Acquisition Plans

Hi,

Only with superior aircrafts and superior tactics---.

Paf has both---.

It is beyond shock for the IAF to find out that the Paf has a higher number aesa equipped aircraft---that have better and newer ew package as well as missiles---.

They have their air to surface missiles and we have our air to surface missiles---.

The indians have the S400----we have MRL reaching 300-400 km + range---. Neither do we have any shortage of drones either---.

Our suppliers---china and turkey can fill our orders from their existing stock---india has a problem---. Its supplier would be hard pressed to fill in critical orders of aircraft and drones---.

With the unexpected surpise induction of the 2nd sqdrn of the JF17 blk 3 and 2nd sqdrn of the J10 blk C---the opponent is running clueless as what to do---.

Just remember that Paf pilots shot down 11 israelis aircraft during its last 2 wars in middle east without any losses---.
Our MRL has negated the role of s 400 as now they can't be positioned close to our border but 300-400 km away from the border deep in indian terrority.

That I am not so sure about. But as you on twitter made it clear that prototype picture of prototype 2 was from 2018. There are really high chances Prototype and 3 and 4 and even 5 have been flying and no picture released. But you would see something soon really soon. Because in case of Pakistan our Air Chief are not the ones claiming something is coming publicly and it being at least 3 to 4 years away. If Air Chief announces something is coming that in all probability, it's matter of months to 1.5 year at best.

No, no, no… there is a major misunderstanding!

Fact is the first FC-31 demonstrator no. 31001 flew in late 2013. the second heavily revised demonstrator no. 31003 flew in late 2016 and in 2018 a yet again revised proposal was chosen to become the PLAN‘s new stealth fighter.

The first true J-35 prototype no. 350001 flew first in October 2021 followed by a second one no. 350003 in may(?) 2022. since then a most likely third one was seen in green primer at SAC in July 2023 and allegedly flown in September.

As such, SAC and esp. the PLAN needs additional J-35 prototypes for testing that bird for the PLAN. And we have at best some very vague rumors about a possible landbased prototype but surely not a J-31 in 2018 and maybe more later. In summary I don’t know why you think „There are really high chances Prototype and 3 and 4 and even 5 have been flying and no picture released.“ - abd even IF, then these are more likely J-35s as explained- and I surely never posted this on twitter.

Last edited:
That three to one ratio is myth ....
Israel has beaten Arab Airforce in six days whilst outnumbered

Ukrainian outnumbered ten to one has stopped Russia achieving air superiority using drones and Sam's from NATO ..

It's the quality of the air force and the systems over all ..including Sam's and awacs and space based assets like satalites

India can beat PAF with ease if it invests in the right equipment ...it has far bigger resources and more supplier options

How far will Pak Awacs go before being picked up by S400 or green pine radars

How many losses of J10 or F16 to Indian Sam's and newer longer range bvrs like meteore or Astra 1 and 2

As for India entering Pak air space with fighters not intially not until long range missiles have done damage to infrastructure first
Im talking
Brahmos
Scalp
Prahaar

Predator drones

Rafale fighters both air force and navy carry strike cruise missiles ranging 600km
Even long range navy strikes using next generation brahmos can go deep into Pakistan from.the sea

Fighters is just one small part..

Your right India wil never achieve three to one superiority in fighters

But equipment systems overall future investment it has and will continue to do so
Very well cooked...."khayali pulau"

J-31 is matter of months and at best 1.5 year away

I have seen tweets and posts on forums that Z-10s are coming in 1-2 weeks last year (2023) by ridiculous PSF accounts and well the year is gone and nothing came. I also saw tweets and posts for Jinnah class frigate to appear out of nowhere in 2023. Today, even construction hasn't started and will not start until last of Baburs are done (end of 2025). Its beyond 2030 for first ship. Regarding J-31 within 1 year or so. If that's really is the case then my question is why we went for J-10C. PAF inducting JF-17C, J-10C and J-31 in the space of 1 to 2 years doesn't seems right. Especially with totally constrained resources / finances. How we are going to increase the numbers of J-10Cs, if we are going to induct J-31 in parallel.

As far as ACM saying that its coming 'soon'. He really didn't told the year. The 'soon' in military acquisition can vary a lot. Even 5 years can be called 'soon' for a next gen fighter. Lastly, the statement shouldn't have come at first place, the disclosure of the plan did no good service to Pakistan. If you have seen the recent PAF official videos, anyone can make an observation that those 'official' videos look more like a aggressive personal PR campaign. Extreme and overuse of his excellency after every other sentence. The haste in disclosing this acquisition looks the same trend.

I have seen tweets and posts on forums that Z-10s are coming in 1-2 weeks last year (2023) by ridiculous PSF accounts and well the year is gone and nothing came. I also saw tweets and posts for Jinnah class frigate to appear out of nowhere in 2023. Today, even construction hasn't started and will not start until last of Baburs are done (end of 2025). Its beyond 2030 for first ship. Regarding J-31 within 1 year or so. If that's really is the case then my question is why we went for J-10C. PAF inducting JF-17C, J-10C and J-31 in the space of 1 to 2 years doesn't seems right. Especially with totally constrained resources / finances. How we are going to increase the numbers of J-10Cs, if we are going to induct J-31 in parallel.

As far as ACM saying that its coming 'soon'. He really didn't told the year. The 'soon' in military acquisition can vary a lot. Even 5 years can be called 'soon' for a next gen fighter. Lastly, the statement shouldn't have come at first place, the disclosure of the plan did no good service to Pakistan. If you have seen the recent PAF official videos, anyone can make an observation that those 'official' videos look more like a aggressive personal PR campaign. Extreme and overuse of his excellency after every other sentence. The haste in disclosing this acquisition looks the same trend.

A perfect summary and reply to all these IMO plain illogical claims.

I would even go that far and wage a bet especially with one certain "grumpy old member" 🤗 ... if indeed within the next 1.5 years (aka exactly on 1st August 2025 calculated from 1st February 2024 = from today!) a Pakistan Air Force J-31 will appear I will post an open apology on all my social account headlined by "Deino knows nothing on the PAF!" and will immediately resign from this form, delete my account and never come back! (the same however I request from this certain member in return if nothing happens!)

Come on, old man... just again more lies, false reports, insults but not the decency to stand up for the claims made? 😙

Where have you heard any statement from Army Chief about Z 10. There is no official statement. J 31 is an official statement. And no in Pakistan case and from China it only means few months. @Deino

Where have you heard any statement from Army Chief about Z 10. There is no official statement. J 31 is an official statement. And no in Pakistan case and from China it only means few months. @Deino

Pardon, but could you plaese explain your last sentence?

And no in Pakistan case and from China it only means few months.

Even more so since you did not reply to this post above: I think there is - besides all media news in Pakistan which I surely do not understand at all - a huge misunderstanding on your side!

IMO the timeline simply cannot fit ...

Okay, good, we're going by official statements only, correct?

Did the CAS or PAF tell us a specific timeline as to when the J-31 will be inducted? You said, "J-31 is matter of months and at best 1.5 year away"

Where did the CAS or PAF say this exactly?

Okay, good, we're going by official statements only, correct?

Did the CAS or PAF tell us a specific timeline as to when the J-31 will be inducted? You said, "J-31 is matter of months and at best 1.5 year away"

Where did the CAS or PAF say this exactly?
Khwab, adhooray sahi, sahara to hain :cry:

• Love
Reactions: HRK
On J-31 aquisition, I don't understand what was the need to announce it. This actually gave india a heads up to make their plans.
Someone wants to stay relevant, and desperately needs an extension.

Hi,

Only with superior aircrafts and superior tactics---.

Paf has both---.

It is beyond shock for the IAF to find out that the Paf has a higher number aesa equipped aircraft---that have better and newer ew package as well as missiles---.

They have their air to surface missiles and we have our air to surface missiles---.

The indians have the S400----we have MRL reaching 300-400 km + range---. Neither do we have any shortage of drones either---.

Our suppliers---china and turkey can fill our orders from their existing stock---india has a problem---. Its supplier would be hard pressed to fill in critical orders of aircraft and drones---.

With the unexpected surpise induction of the 2nd sqdrn of the JF17 blk 3 and 2nd sqdrn of the J10 blk C---the opponent is running clueless as what to do---.

Just remember that Paf pilots shot down 11 israelis aircraft during its last 2 wars in middle east without any losses---.

Not true at all...
Macron has just concluded the sale of 26 more rafale M fighters
Tejas mark1a started this month delivery of 83 by 2028
India will have 140 plus Aesa equipped fighters
And we still have the super mki upgraded programme not counted in this list
Predator drones also confirmed this week for 4 billion dollars
Against this the only definite plans PAF has in Aesa is
First 10 of 25 J10 delivered
30 block three thunders
Hearsay of j31 which is no where near entering service in Plaaf and plan

So better equipped in your book only

Hi,
one thing I don’t understand why we not discussing J35, & only J31 both are single seat
fighters once you don’t have a landing hook
attached to J35 probably it can work on land based tarmac too, here I’m not speculating 12/18
months or even 24 but let’s say by the time Chinese new ACC has done its trial let’s say another 18/24 months they will be definitely having J35
so in that case after China is having their 25/30
planes ready to be delivered on that ACC chances are high for PAF too if not bleak
thank you

Not true at all...
Macron has just concluded the sale of 26 more rafale M fighters
Tejas mark1a started this month delivery of 83 by 2028
India will have 140 plus Aesa equipped fighters
And we still have the super mki upgraded programme not counted in this list
Predator drones also confirmed this week for 4 billion dollars
Against this the only definite plans PAF has in Aesa is
First 10 of 25 J10 delivered
30 block three thunders
Hearsay of j31 which is no where near entering service in Plaaf and plan

So better equipped in your book only
Hi,
I hope you don’t mind holding your horse for sometime as you have mentioned yourself 140 plus AESA by 2028, let’s see by 2028 then but if we talk about now how many AESA at the moment IAF operating
beside that by 2028 what is your say PAF will be having the same number of J10s & JF17 with them so if you talk about 2028 someone from Pakistani Side can calculate it to around 200 AESA with PAF so let’s talk about today or a year down the line
we should talk about predators once Indian get hold of them what do you say ?
thank you

Hi,
I hope you don’t mind holding your horse for sometime as you have mentioned yourself 140 plus AESA by 2028, let’s see by 2028 then but if we talk about now how many AESA at the moment IAF operating
beside that by 2028 what is your say PAF will be having the same number of J10s & JF17 with them so if you talk about 2028 someone from Pakistani Side can calculate it to around 200 AESA with PAF so let’s talk about today or a year down the line
we should talk about predators once Indian get hold of them what do you say ?
thank you
100 percent
Our resources and options are ten fold
So let's see

Users who are viewing this thread

Back