PAF Future Acquisition Plans

No offense, but I have a better shot at nailing Natalie Portman.

PAF needs 1.5 Years just to print a brochure.

...and using J-10c as a backdrop isn't an example - if you're going use its surprise induction.

J-10c was already in Production (for Years) and operated by the PLAAF.

The J-31 is (still) currently in Tests. Lets treat it as Fighter Jet and not a can of soda that we/China can just pump out of Factory.

One should not rush into these things 'cause last thing you want are teething problems once inducted.

Anyone recall the 1st image we all got of the JF-17 Block III - all those years ago. It took quite a while to induct that variant - even though two earlier versions were already being operated by the PAF.
Do you mean Attack of the clones Natalie Portman, Thor Natalie portman or Leon the professional Natalie portman because in that case you need to get some intervention.

On a serious note - I absolutely agree on

the J-31 and similar timelines for block-III
Some common aspects may speed it up vis a vis PLAN and J-35 so training syllabus would be available to maintainers and pilots in some form. But not as rapid as J-10C because that was an inducted platform flying in its variants for years and had an established manufacturing line.

- dont agree on portman… have that odd feeling that if one toucher her a layer of oil will come off - same thing with Ariana Grande.. to use Karachi slang she feels “Maila” to me.

But that's the point! There is no J-31, not even still but simply not in any way! All there is are three known J-35 prototypes, but no J-31.
Well..., whatever the hell they wanna call it.

Just 'cause there is no J-31 & three prototypes of the J-35, who is to say they will rebrand that as the J-31 for PAF.

But that's the point! There is no J-31, not even still but simply not in any way! All there is are three known J-35 prototypes, but no J-31.
Well, just to help qualify -there was no designation for the J-35 either but the project did exist. What stage, intent and frankly even budget came in later. Much like the F-16U or otherwise.

Do you mean Attack of the clones Natalie Portman, Thor Natalie Portman...
I was thinking more down the lines of Black Swan Natalie Portman. But I got no issues with the THOR version either.

I will say the the current Air Chief jumped the gun on the announcement of the J-31 when there isn't much information to go 'bout this Ghost Project*.

*...a la ‎Keyser Söze.

Ambassador of the People’s Republic of China, H.E. Mr Jiang Zaidong, called on Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Baber Sidhu, Chief of the Air Staff, PAF.

An important meeting in view of imminent induction of J-31, HQ-9, additional J-10C and L-15 along with Block-III marketing.
1706727343400.png

If the J-31 was imminently available, then the PAF wouldn't have bought the J-10CE. However, the fact that it did acquire the J-10CE shows us that there's going to be some time between now and when the PAF can operationalize the J-31.

IMO, from 2024 to 2034, the PAF will try adding J-10CEs in incremental batches. It'll aim to reach a fleet size of at least 80-90 units. From the 2030s, the J-31 will start entering the picture, but as a replacement for the older F-16A/Bs.

From the 2030s, the J-31 will start entering the picture, but as a replacement for the older F-16A/Bs.
I know that there are those looking forward to PAF retiring the F-16...

I do have a couple of questions regarding the Viper & up coming J-31.

Q1. Even though all the older Vipers have already been through MLU. Is there any possibility for those same airframe get further extensions?

Q2. The F-16 is known as Multi-role Fighter. From what you've seen so far about the J-31, could it actually be considered as replacement?

I know that there are those looking forward to PAF retiring the F-16...

I do have a couple of questions regarding the Viper & up coming J-31.

Q1. Even though all the older Vipers have already been through MLU. Is there any possibility for those same airframe get further extensions?

Q2. The F-16 is known as Multi-role Fighter. From what you've seen so far about the J-31, could it actually be considered as replacement?
There's no SLEP available on the market for the F-16A/Bs that would take them beyond their 8,000-hour lifespan. Unless it gets US approval, the PAF is also unable to upgrade its older F-16s with AESA radars. So, after 2030, these aircraft will be long in the tooth.

The only way a large F-16 fleet will kick around is if the US allows the PAF to buy mothballed F-16 Block-25/32s from AMARC and, in turn, put them through the F-16V upgrade. Unfortunately, this isn't a realistic route for the PAF; otherwise, it would've gone this route instead of acquiring the J-10CE.

The J-31 will have more multirole capabilities out of the box compared to the PAF's F-16s, especially in terms of air-to-surface munitions compatibility.

Well, you mean when we'll see a first J-31 prototype or when we'll see the first Pakistani one?

And even more on what do you base this estimate?
That I am not so sure about. But as you on twitter made it clear that prototype picture of prototype 2 was from 2018. There are really high chances Prototype and 3 and 4 and even 5 have been flying and no picture released. But you would see something soon really soon. Because in case of Pakistan our Air Chief are not the ones claiming something is coming publicly and it being at least 3 to 4 years away. If Air Chief announces something is coming that in all probability, it's matter of months to 1.5 year at best.

If the J-31 was imminently available, then the PAF wouldn't have bought the J-10CE. However, the fact that it did acquire the J-10CE shows us that there's going to be some time between now and when the PAF can operationalize the J-31.

IMO, from 2024 to 2034, the PAF will try adding J-10CEs in incremental batches. It'll aim to reach a fleet size of at least 80-90 units. From the 2030s, the J-31 will start entering the picture, but as a replacement for the older F-16A/Bs.
Sir Air Chief won't have made the announcement if it was going to come in 2030. J-31 and J-10 C are for different roles. Stop trying to mix them Sir. J-31 is matter of months and at best 1.5 year away. Air Chief is not a child that he would announce a thing which is not coming before 2030. Also, PAF would release a video for a thing which is not coming before 2030. J-31 would be here soon INSHALLAH very soon.

That three to one ratio is myth ....
Israel has beaten Arab Airforce in six days whilst outnumbered

Ukrainian outnumbered ten to one has stopped Russia achieving air superiority using drones and Sam's from NATO ..

It's the quality of the air force and the systems over all ..including Sam's and awacs and space based assets like satalites

India can beat PAF with ease if it invests in the right equipment ...it has far bigger resources and more supplier options

How far will Pak Awacs go before being picked up by S400 or green pine radars

How many losses of J10 or F16 to Indian Sam's and newer longer range bvrs like meteore or Astra 1 and 2

As for India entering Pak air space with fighters not intially not until long range missiles have done damage to infrastructure first
Im talking
Brahmos
Scalp
Prahaar

Predator drones

Rafale fighters both air force and navy carry strike cruise missiles ranging 600km
Even long range navy strikes using next generation brahmos can go deep into Pakistan from.the sea

Fighters is just one small part..

Your right India wil never achieve three to one superiority in fighters

But equipment systems overall future investment it has and will continue to do so
Hi,

Only with superior aircrafts and superior tactics---.

Paf has both---.

It is beyond shock for the IAF to find out that the Paf has a higher number aesa equipped aircraft---that have better and newer ew package as well as missiles---.

They have their air to surface missiles and we have our air to surface missiles---.

The indians have the S400----we have MRL reaching 300-400 km + range---. Neither do we have any shortage of drones either---.

Our suppliers---china and turkey can fill our orders from their existing stock---india has a problem---. Its supplier would be hard pressed to fill in critical orders of aircraft and drones---.

With the unexpected surpise induction of the 2nd sqdrn of the JF17 blk 3 and 2nd sqdrn of the J10 blk C---the opponent is running clueless as what to do---.

Just remember that Paf pilots shot down 11 israelis aircraft during its last 2 wars in middle east without any losses---.

That I am not so sure about. But as you on twitter made it clear that prototype picture of prototype 2 was from 2018. There are really high chances Prototype and 3 and 4 and even 5 have been flying and no picture released. But you would see something soon really soon. Because in case of Pakistan our Air Chief are not the ones claiming something is coming publicly and it being at least 3 to 4 years away. If Air Chief announces something is coming that in all probability, it's matter of months to 1.5 year at best.
Hi,

Zarvan---why are you giving him heart attack---.

The Chief of Air Staff of the Pakistan Air Force, Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Babar today at a ceremony at the Central Air Command AOR confirmed the Pakistan Air Force’s plans to procure the Shenyang J-31 multirole stealth fighter jet from China. The CAS said that “the foundation for acquiring the J-31 Stealth Fighter aircraft has already been laid which is all set to become part of the PAF's fleet in the near future”.
View attachment 7066
View attachment 7067
Nearly all PAF SM sites are following this development.

I don't understand the need for PAF to make a big Super Bowl pre-game show about inducting 5th generation jets from China that are still on paper. Until then, what benefit does it bring to pound your chest and alert the entire world about your planning? Sure enthusiasts like us benefit immensely, but outside of that there is no benefit being a loose lipped marketing machine. Defense projects like this should be respected with radio silence and the world should only find out about them if they are used.

I don't understand the need for PAF to make a big Super Bowl pre-game show about inducting 5th generation jets from China that are still on paper. Until then, what benefit does it bring to pound your chest and alert the entire world about your planning? Sure enthusiasts like us benefit immensely, but outside of that there is no benefit being a loose lipped marketing machine. Defense projects like this should be respected with radio silence and the world should only find out about them if they are used.
It is a tight rope - and polices keep changing. In this case we aren’t sure if it was to make a point for some reason or for the current ACM to claim legacy.

All conjecture and speculation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back