Pakistan General Elections 2024

Unless you want this forum to be shut down please refrain from posting comments that are considered “incitement” such as threats to dox officials, threats to harm any official/human/public figure, threats against the government and its functionaries.

Critique is fine, threats are not and will be deleted.

Thank you for your understanding.

Yes keep it clean.
We want to be a forum for people to make change, not a bunch of wolves baying for blood.

This is fine, you are just sharing third party content but so long as it is relevant to the topic. Look I understand better than you think how angry people are.

But we must also ensure that we don’t enter territory that may be deemed criminal in nature by the powers that be and then end up like PDF.

Asim Munir bachara thought like the traitors before him he will get an easy road to retirement. Allhumdulliah Allah has awoken people of Pakistan and given them ability to use their brains.

Education is death of generals , PML N and PPP.

Asim Munir PTI’s and Pakistan secret agent is helping Pakistan one last time buy digging a bigger hole . Shut down twitter so people can come out on the streets and finally send generals back to barracks.

Lagay raho

Asim Munir bachara thought like the traitors before him he will get an easy road to retirement. Allhumdulliah Allah has awoken people of Pakistan and given them ability to use their brains.

Education is death of generals , PML N and PPP.

Asim Munir PTI’s and Pakistan secret agent is helping Pakistan one last time buy digging a bigger hole . Shut down twitter so people can come out on the streets and finally send generals back to barracks.

Lagay raho
They can’t shut down twitter in Pakistan because VPNs can bypass any throttling from PTCL.

I am not a najumi but I can see MNS as the PM and probably Zardari as the president. Even if PPP decides not to join hands with PMLN, there are at least 22 seats of allies of PMNL. Then many independents are bound to join other parties (not all independents were supported by PTI) and if even 20 of them join PMLN then that alliance will have more than 110 seats. In addition, all parties having presence in NA (except PTI) will get special seats. I think patwaris will be able to easily make the government. This is just my reading of the current situation. I don't think Ik will get out of jail any sooner.

It is correct that not all Independents are PTI-backed; I hear one analyst say 20-30% are not affiliated with any parties.
But I don't think PMLN should form the govt in the Center: They have been rejected and the PTI-backed Independent form a clear plurality. I know coalition govts are common in Parliamentary democracies but PMLN does not seem the right choice for the Federal govt.

I am actually in agreement with Absar Alam (journalist): Let Imran form the govt. Absar is rightly predicting that it will be another failure due to the challenges ahead. People in this forum and in Pakistan have short memories--they forget that Imran's popularity had significantly lowered by the NCM vote in April 2022 and that's why Imran didn't call for Early Elections in Jan/Feb 2022.

Anyway, the future looks bleak. I am afraid we are looking at another lost decade starting January 2022.

Last edited:
Making threats of violence, encouraging it, abusing security forces etc all makes no difference, we need to educate the masses about staying together, work hard for a change, noone can defeat a united Pakistani awaam. We all love Pakistan and its armed forces but we have a right to criticise the wrong policies Dgisi Nadeem Anjum "People have the right to criticise us". Our aim is to make a stronger Pakistan, 2024 elections proved alot of things, that we can do it, it's not just about PTI but preventing the dacoits from coming in to power and giving educated, honest people a chance.

ECP official says result compilation takes time​

Spokesperson Nighat Siddique has expressed satisfaction over the peaceful conduct of the polling

News Desk
February 10, 2024
election commission released the final lists of minority candidates in connection with the general elections 2024 photo app

Election Commission released the final lists of minority candidates in connection with the general elections 2024. PHOTO: APP

ECP spokesperson Nighat Siddique has expressed satisfaction over the peaceful conduct of the polling with an encouraging voter turnout.

Speaking in the Special Election Transmission of Radio Pakistan, she said the transparency was ensured during the entire polling process as well.

She said result compilation of the elections is a technical process which may take time. She said as the momentum has been built up, the results of the general elections are pouring in and soon the process would be completed.

It is correct that not all Independents are PTI-backed; I hear one analyst say 20-30% are not affiliated with any parties.
But I don't think PMLN should form the govt in the Center: They have been rejected and the PTI-backed Independent form a clear plurality. I know coalition govts are common in Parliamentary democracies but PMLN should seem the right choice for the Federal govt.

I am actually in agreement with Absar Alam (journalist): Let Imran form the govt. Absar is rightly predicting that it will be another failure due to the challenges ahead. People in this forum and in Pakistan have short memories--they forget that Imran's popularity had significantly lowered by the NCM vote in April 2022 and that's why Imran didn't call for Early Elections in Jan/Feb 2022.

Anyway, the future looks bleak. I am afraid we are looking at another lost decade starting January 2022.
The count is 8-9 not 20-30%. Rise up above the bias please.

PTI needs to decide on the fate of their Independents ASAP, they must join a political party, otherwise we will slowly witness Independents joining Pmln/PPP/IPP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back