Pakistan General Elections 2024

whenever a military selected civilian reaches the corridor of power, all he/she wants to do is loot and safarish is one way to make money.

Now it looks right

I dont know about all of Pakistan but in AJK military does not choose local MNAs, everything is chosen by the civilians, then the local MNA goes to the assembly to loot, he does safarish for the police, judges, sarkari workers, the core leadership from the local MNA party is the one who decides on the PM etc and that is where the military uses their danda, military doesn't need to control at bottom or medium level, they use their danda at the highest level.

What don't the civilians choose good honest leadership as MNAs, then we will get better sarkari workforce based on merit, this will make Pakistan a strong state which follows rule of law.

whenever a military selected civilian reaches the corridor of power, all he/she wants to do is loot and safarish is one way to make money.

Now it looks right

Our society has rewarded looting, as long as they get away with it, so many (not all) people adopt it. Laws that hold everyone accountable will only work if power is devolved down to a level where corruption can be caught at a low level and corrupt elements aren’t allowed to rise to the top jobs.

This is one reason nepotism undermines accountability. It circumvents the vetting process.

Independent foreign policy= economic Independency.

Goodluck with dick mearusing contest when you're enrolled with IMF and show eye to america. If america pull the imf funding the pkr will hit 500 against dollar.

This mentality that we can have Independent foreign policy is the biggest chuss, I've been hearing. Our house is not in order, economy in shambles with a begging bowl in our hand, 40% inflation and we want to be the chaudhry of the town and be like listen to us, we matter.

Complete independent policy would be difficult but atleast don't become a tissue paper state.

Mere Bhai, the 'Mehangai' (inflation) you are talking about will be around and maybe even worse in Imran Version 2. Why wouldn't it be? It would be especially bad IF Biden decides to punish Imran!!!

I would be truly all for an Imran Version 2. But if anyone thinks in this divided Pakistan where there is a strong Parliamentary Opposition and a hostile Sindh Province AND without the COAS/ISI Chief firmly behind Imran there would be peace and prosperity then they are very mistaken!!!

Learn from the Lost Decade of the 90s! That's where Pakistan went wrong and I see that's happening again.

The path forward is to put the differences aside and form a Govt of National Consensus. That's what I used to say in the old PDF and based on this latest elections results, it is now even more obvious what needs to be done. Pakistan cannot afford chaos!!
Bhai sahib, wholeheartedly agree with what you say except consensus bit. Leopard doesnt change its spots in unity governments, they are still crooked to the core. The army still wants to control everything. The looters will still want to loot.

Its like a cancer which has to be removed however painful, a painkiller will not help.

It doesn't matter if its imran or anyone else, once a pak leader gets a backbone and wants to chart an independent and self serving course outsiders will never agree.

Pakistan needs to sort itself out first, independant judiciary, rule of law, rule of vote, army back to barracks. Good governance, decentralisation.

Once it sorts itself out it can then confront the bidens and mbs

Independent foreign policy= economic Independency.

Goodluck with dick mearusing contest when you're enrolled with IMF and show eye to america. If america pull the imf funding the pkr will hit 500 against dollar.

This mentality that we can have Independent foreign policy is the biggest chuss, I've been hearing. Our house is not in order, economy in shambles with a begging bowl in our hand, 40% inflation and we want to be the chaudhry of the town and be like listen to us, we matter.
An actual independent foreign policy is probably a generation away, if we do serious work on the economy. Even then, as only the second largest country in the region, by population, Pakistan will have to continue to balance what it says and what it wants with its vulnerabilities.

Instead of aiming for an “independent” foreign policy, we should aim for a “principled” foreign policy, as it is in Indonesia.

Founding Principles: Indonesia's foreign policy is rooted in the country's founding principles of Pancasila, which emphasizes peaceful coexistence, mutual respect, and non-interference in the domestic affairs of other countries.

For example, on the Gaza war, Pakistan should look towards the collective statements of the Muslim world and say similar things; basically keeping a low profile, while sending aid.

IK had his time to be a leader on the world stage, now is the time to focus on motivating all Pakistanis to build up Pakistan so when Pakistan feels the need to actually speak and feels it can make a difference it has real weight behind it.

Our society has rewarded looting, as long as they get away with it, so many (not all) people adopt it. Laws that hold everyone accountable will only work if power is devolved down to a level where corruption can be caught at a low level and corrupt elements aren’t allowed to rise to the top jobs.

This is one reason nepotism undermines accountability. It circumvents the vetting process.

In Pakistan the local MNA is worshipped because he will help you if you ever get in trouble, people ring him to get their work done, to get sarkari jobs, lobby for police jobs, even promotion are given with the blessings of the MNAs. If you don't think like that they're all believe your stupid and naive. By the way I am not talking about help with good causes but bad causes, people steal land and use MNA connection to harm the weak etc. This is Pakistan awaam.

In Pakistan the local MNA is worshipped because he will help you if you ever get in trouble, people ring him to get their work done, to get sarkari jobs, lobby for police jobs, even promotion are given with the blessings of the MNAs. If you don't think like that they're all believe your stupid and naive. By the way I am not talking about help with good causes but bad causes, people steal land and use MNA connection to harm the weak etc. This is Pakistan awaam.
I’m not naive of this, which is why I advocate for taking away a lot of this power.

This is what the PTI needs to focus on dealing with. They have so much they could do domestically to address this, that they need now wade into international affairs.

Their Party’s literal name is the party of Justice. They need to spend some time working through the courts to get the case against them thrown out, the legal way, and then mark the Justice system fair and quick, so people don’t get bogged down in judicial red tape.

What you say can really become a reality and I bet if and when that happens, Imran's apolgists will find an explanation for that too. Expats sitting in comfort cheering for Pakistan's downfall. Fools! I lived in Pakistan. Grew up in Pakistan. There were literally 'Jhonpries' (tent housing) a short walk from my house. I seen their misery. Those who discount Pakistan's reliant on the American based world order are either naive or enemies of Pakistan!! Some here with good economic brain better than me can explain how a divided Pakistan will be affected by mere American sanctions.
Fools! Your Haqeeqi Azadi (the real freedom) won't ever come unless you are united AND able to take shocks to your economy!! Pakistan had always been in a fragile position due to the unwinnable rivalry against India over Kashmir and now you want to add sanctions to Pakistan's woes? Pakistan has tensions with 3 out of its four neighbors!!
Fools!!
The best way forward is too squeeze everyone for economic benefits. Suck upto americans, russian, chinese ,be a whore for 20, 30 years and when you have an industrial base, flip the narrative.

An actual independent foreign policy is probably a generation away, if we do serious work on the economy. Even then, as only the second largest country in the region, by population, Pakistan will have to continue to balance what it says and what it wants with its vulnerabilities.

Instead of aiming for an “independent” foreign policy, we should aim for a “principled” foreign policy, as it is in Indonesia.

Founding Principles: Indonesia's foreign policy is rooted in the country's founding principles of Pancasila, which emphasizes peaceful coexistence, mutual respect, and non-interference in the domestic affairs of other countries.

For example, on the Gaza war, Pakistan should look towards the collective statements of the Muslim world and say similar things; basically keeping a low profile, while sending aid.

IK had his time to be a leader on the world stage, now is the time to focus on motivating all Pakistanis to build up Pakistan so when Pakistan feels the need to actually speak and feels it can make a difference it has real weight behind it.

Pakistan had its ideology, Allama Iqbal ideology, which talked about united as one people, working hard towards Islamic welfare state, promoting science and technology, education, peace, respect, Looking towards the Muslim ummah for friendship, promoting the Islamic culture, identity etc. At first Pakistan was all secular and liberal, then turned towards radicalism due to billions of funding, now we're divided and not sure what way to go. Pakistan needs to go back to its roots.

Faisalabad PMLN wing be acting shook AF
This, then Rana's tweet
They really be cooked fr fr
Gujranwala PMLN chapter also cooked
Khuram Dastagir lost after god knows how many years
If Potohar wasn't so rigged, you could have had a PTI CM. But unfortunately, Imran would purposely bless us with Buzdar-esque fools. So maybe it wasn't that bad after all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back