Pakistan General Elections 2024

Imran Khan’s loyalists triumph, betrayers bite the dust​

Feb 10, 2024
The loyalists of jailed PTI founder Imran Khan – some of them political nobodies – have defied all odds and emerged triumphant, beating political juggernauts in the high-stakes general elections held on February 8. While Khan’s loyalists emerged victorious, those who betrayed him received humiliating drubbing despite having support of the powerful circles in the country.

The PTI was under the state’s wrath after the May 9 attacks on national security installations nationwide. Every effort was made to literally erase Khan’s party from the political arena by jailing its top leadership and workers, forcing them to change loyalties or give up politics, and imposing a media blackout on their activities.

It became extremely difficult to stay loyal to Khan.

Prominent among those who ditched Khan was Pervez Khattak, a former chief minister of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa. He jumped ship to form a splinter group by the name of PTI-Parliamentarians. Sugar cartel Jahangir Tareen – who was once in the inner sanctum of Khan – also cobbled up a party, Istehkam-e-Pakistan Party (IPP), apparently at the behest of powers that be to woo PTI deserters.

However, both the parties received humiliating drubbing in the elections.

That’s domestic policy. But for international policy we need to adopt a pragmatic approach.

Look at China in the 80s. Or Indonesia now. Basically Pakistan needs to rebrand itself internationally on its roots. We need to promote the IVC (Indus Valley Civilization) ancestry and local diversity, including Sufism. If India has Yoga, we have Sufism and our poetry.

Thankfully the GWOT is over and the world doesn’t really care about Pakistan. It gives Pakistan the space to rebrand itself, with relatively limited foreign interference.

A strong domestic policy creates a strong powerful society, a strong society creates a powerful state.

Pakistan foreign policy is not too bad, we speak for Kashmir and Palestine, we are allies with China, we promote cooperation and partnership between Muslim states but if they are not listening then what can we do? we have no capability to threaten other states or cause harm to them. I strongly feel our main problem is internal.

So most likely either Bilawal or Ali Muhammad Khan as PM (IK's choice)
AMK is better of course, I love him even though I don't support PTI

But most likely we'll get a Bilawal Pmship - which is also good in a different way that they atleast wont purposely destroy the economy even if they are unable to improve it...
Lots of corruption though

NS is out of the picture and I doubt PPP would agree to anything less than PMship, so SS might end up retaking his old job as CM Punjab

ECP orders re-polling in specific constituencies of NA-88, PS-18, PK-90

The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has ordered re-polling in specific polling stations of NA-88 (Khushab II), PS-18 (Ghotki I), and PK-90 (Kohat I) following alleged rigging on Feb 8.

In a statement, the ECP spokesperson announced re-polling at 26 polling stations of NA-88 after a mob reportedly set fire to polling material at the returning officer’s office. The re-polling is scheduled for February 15.

Re-polling in PS-18, attributed to reported confiscation of polling material by unidentified people, is also slated for Feb 15.

Likewise, re-polling will be conducted at 25 polling stations of PK-90 due to damage caused to polling material by terrorists, the ECP said.

Furthermore, the ECP has sought a report from the district regional officer within three days regarding alleged vandalism at one polling station of NA-242 (Karachi Keamari-I).

Karachi police use tear gas, baton charge to disperse TLP rally

Karachi police have fired tear gas shells and baton-charged a rally of the Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) against alleged rigging in the general elections.

Soldier Bazaar police Station House Officer (SHO) Shahzad Ilyas said that TLP workers tried to gather at a busy intersection at Numaish Chowrangi on main M.A. Jinnah Road near Mazar-i-Quaid.

As law enforcers did not allow them to gather there, the TLP workers staged a sit-in at Nishtar Park in Soldier Bazaar, the SHO said, adding that the police resorted to “light” baton charges and tear gas shells to disperse the crowd.

TLP spokesperson Rehan Khan claimed that around 40 workers were detained while the SHO said around 17-18 activists were taken into custody. The detainees were later released without charges.

Edit

this guy is one of the best journalist we have. His critical analysis are very good

I remember this guy was very critical of Imran Khan and rightly so for Imran's actions starting January 2022. But now he is willing to give credit where there is due. And that's the difference between the cultist journalists and the real journalists. Honestly, I have seen so much pro Imran or at least neutral narrative from those journalists who think for PAKISTAN first then those who think for IMRAN! As I said above, there is eerie similarity between the Imran supporters and the supporters of the American Democratic Party/Liberals. They both muzzle dissent and aggressively attack others for the dissent.

Contacts, discussions with other parties have begun: PML-N’s Aurangzeb

PML-N Information Secretary Marriyum Aurangzeb has said that contacts and discussions have begun with other parties such as the PPP and Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan.

She said the mandate of all parties would need to be respected.

Aurangzeb said the PML-N would not exclude “other parties” from the process since they were a “political reality”.

@FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

I pity on people whom's leader can't even win his own seats. One officially lost, second one was losing by over 50,000 votes from a jailed woman without bat symbol, without election campaign. This is your total net worth.

All electables, all power of military, all power of police, judiciary, bureaucracy and still you were humiliated and classically beatened up by one man sitting in the jail. Nation went out to vote for funny symbols, kettle, bottle, tong, specific bird, eggplant and they defeated your whole party with decades old symbol.

If today, Army stop lifting the dead weight of Nawaz and his corrupt empire, you won't win even a single seat. That's your ground reality. Just try to imagine to face PTI when it has its bat symbol and its leadership out and roaring. You would not find a space to hide. You won't take even these 15 seats which you won by confusing the public.

I mean who could be a person to follow such a politician who make deals and run away from the country. He has no guts to face the difficult time, he always do deals and run away like a coward. I really feel sorry for his followers.

BTW, all the AZAD members you are posting aren't part of PTI. No PTI backed candidate will join PMLN unless you shoot down their children (which is expected of you). Time for you to do some introspection and evaluate yourself that why you are at the wrong side of history. Its never too late to do self introspection and try to be part of truth and justice.

So most likely either Bilawal or Ali Muhammad Khan as PM (IK's choice)
AMK is better of course, I love him even though I don't support PTI

But most likely we'll get a Bilawal Pmship - which is also good in a different way that they atleast wont purposely destroy the economy even if they are unable to improve it...
Lots of corruption though

NS is out of the picture and I doubt PPP would agree to anything less than PMship, so SS might end up retaking his old job as CM Punjab

Nawaz Sharif is the absolute worst choice to be Pakistan's PM, quickly followed by Imran Khan.

Nawaz Sharif is the absolute worst choice to be Pakistan's PM, quickly followed by Imran Khan.
Yeah f that vindictive ganja 👍
I think we're slowly but surely moving in the right direction

Keep IK in jail, Nawaz , Dar out of picture

Users who are viewing this thread

Back