Pakistan General Elections 2024

exactly, Finally someone realized it. What we are seeing is Gen Z/post 2000 generation reaching voting age and waiting in the wings is a huge Gen Alpha who will start to assert from early 2030.

People have no idea what’s coming. They are not the generation of PTV and corporal punishments at school to beat into submission. To add to that they are digital natives, even in villages.
Its only natural, when you have more educated youths, social media knowledge, peope will automatically demand more from political parties and the state. The people want a change, upgrade of state institutions so people don't have to beg to local MNAs for justice, people don't need to visit police stations with local MNAs so that police gives justice to them, they want police and judges to give them their rights.
I encourage strongly to all Pakistanis to pressurise your choice of political parties to make changes within themselves on merit, and improve the state, otherwise move on to a new party, don't waste decades in hope.

People need to understand those who have been in politics since the 1990s do not want a change because they will loose all their power, if police and judiciary can give justice then the MNAs power will dissappear to only legislation, if MNAs don't get the funds their power will dissappear.

Pakistan needs strong accountability, the state funds need to be tracked so corruption is reduced, misuse of funds is reduced.

@Those still stuck in 90s era politics and living in their own bubble

PS: I don't associate my-self with "youth" bracket. Just to make clear, if someone thinks I am talking about "youth" because I am one of those, my daughter was first time voter in this election and son will be voting in re-election which will take place next year.

I don't know why that video presupposes a youth-full voters means automatic vote for PTI? Are those who voting for the PPP in Sindh for 50+ years not 'youth'? Is Bilawal not young? Is Imran himself not into his 70s? I know several millennials in my household in Karachi not voting for PTI!

So what do people vote for?

Short answer is: People vote for better financial situations--young or old! And that's a global phenomenon! People have voted for Imran right now. But by April 2022, the Inflation would have almost certainly assured Imran would have lost to Nawaz Sharif if Imran had called Early Elections--which he didn't, fearing the outcome. And in the recent elections, due to the bungling misrule of the PDM after April 2022, Nawaz Sharif party has lost.

Nah. No grand narratives are needed. This was and is pretty simple to explain.
People had turned away from Imran by April 2022 and that's why he didn't call for the Early Elections between January and March of 2022
I guess you got that out of Geo and other news channel surveys? The narrative that Bajwa and PDM built of course would have had an effect on how people of Pakistan would have voted. But their plans were exposed by their own greed.

when he had the time and his legal rights--instead, he was kissing MQM's feet. It is all there for all to see--barely two years ago. He knew the 'Mehangai' (Inflation) was going to sink him in the polls; he had barely won the 2018 elections and that too with the Establishment's backing.
lol. Man you love repeating the same bs over and over again. PDM politicians are on record saying Bajwa helped them win yet you refuse to believe it?

People have 'turned to' him now because of the abject failures of the greedy PMD version 1. Not a surprise why people are looking at Imran as a savior right now. And if--and that should not even be an 'if'--he fails again by, say, 2026, people will look at the Sharifs like some saviors. And I bet the Sharifs might be thinking: Why not take a chill-pill and let this Savior of Pakistan fall on his own sword?!! The failure is a high possibility given that Imran had alienated the Americans, the Chinese, and the GCC.
alienated? He gave people of Pakistan a backbone. He put Pakistani interests above American, Chineses and GCC. Just like GCC put their interests above Palestinians who are being massacred.

With all the ”alienation” economy was doing fine ( the whole world was going through inflation) every single economic and social indicator was improving - all that with a backstabbing traitor at helm.

Stop repeating same fake narrative over and over again. Khan made mistakes and he paid for them but his mistakes exposed the generals to the masses. So blessing in disguise

Nah. No grand narratives are needed. This was and is pretty simple to explain.
People had turned away from Imran by April 2022 and that's why he didn't call for the Early Elections between January and March of 2022 when he had the time and his legal rights--instead, he was kissing MQM's feet. It is all there for all to see--barely two years ago. He knew the 'Mehangai' (Inflation) was going to sink him in the polls; he had barely won the 2018 elections and that too with the Establishment's backing.
People have 'turned to' him now because of the abject failures of the greedy PMD version 1. Not a surprise why people are looking at Imran as a savior right now. And if--and that should not even be an 'if'--he fails again by, say, 2026, people will look at the Sharifs like some saviors. And I bet the Sharifs might be thinking: Why not take a chill-pill and let this Savior of Pakistan fall on his own sword?!! The failure is a high possibility given that Imran had alienated the Americans, the Chinese, and the GCC.
Imran has always been a buffoon - but I disagree in terms of the people who were supporting him. The same lot did not even care to vote before PTI.

The problem unfortunately is that the estab misread who he was and instead of pushing him into a figurehead role let him be PM. That was the biggest mistake. Otherwise PTI in its composition represented the best of the otherwise criminal or plain human muck that is PML(N) and PPP supporters. The Kasur Pedophile ring has supporters within PML(N) - so when you have such human filth as part and participle of this party - where else do people turn to?
Maybe He would be better off as President; visible and securely there for the next 5 years (especially consider much of the Decision making for consequential things won’t be in the PM’s hand any way), so maybe in March they will let him out of jail, so he can be allowed to be eligible for that post.

Last edited:
I don't know why that video presupposes a youth-full voters means automatic vote for PTI? Are those who voting for the PPP in Sindh for 50+ years not 'youth'? Is Bilawal not young? Is Imran himself not into his 70s? I know several millennials in my household in Karachi not voting for PTI!
Of course, not 100% nothing ever is but a large majority. Why do you think opponents disparage PTI supporters as PTI-supporter? The stupid move might have helped vent out some frustration and anger but the fools actually insulted away the new voter.

The trend is apparent in the new generation media platforms of choice.

exactly, Finally someone realized it. What we are seeing is Gen Z/post 2000 generation reaching voting age and waiting in the wings is a huge Gen Alpha who will start to assert from early 2030.

People have no idea what’s coming. They are not the generation of PTV and corporal punishments at school to beat into submission. To add to that they are digital natives, even in villages.

They made fun of people by giving them Baingan symbol, public (majority youth) gave them back blow, now company forgot basic math. Anyway, PTI will be again in protest mode, pulling the pants of company in digital space, while PDM 2.0 repeating their performance. The dollar which they have stopped at 278 have to be released as per fair market rate before next IMF negotiation, which mean inflation will remain higher, Remaining patwaris, jialas (If they survived) will become human by next election. So, PTI shouldn't be looking to form govt. in center this time (not unless their true mandate is accepted and they're sure that they can survive 5 years and do legislation without depending on any party), but instead focus on b!tch slapping PDM 2.0 + Company by keeping rigging issue alive at national and international stage. PDM 2.0 + Company are digging their grave, let them die their natural death.

1707600147734.png

So what do people vote for?

Short answer is: People vote for better financial situations--young or old! And that's a global phenomenon! People have voted for Imran right now. But by April 2022, the Inflation would have almost certainly assured Imran would have lost to Nawaz Sharif if Imran had called Early Elections--which he didn't, fearing the outcome. And in the recent elections, due to the bungling misrule of the PDM after April 2022, Nawaz Sharif party has lost.

Post wasn't for you, I don't waste my time on "me knows everything" kind.

Imran has always been a buffoon - but I disagree in terms of the people who were supporting him. The same lot did not even care to vote before PTI.

Of course, not 100% nothing ever is but a large majority. Why do you think opponents disparage PTI supporters as PTI-supporter? The stupid move might have helped vent out some frustration and anger but the fools actually insulted away the new voter.

The trend is apparent in the new generation media platforms of choice.

For sure there is more youth involvement as it much of the the world where there is the Youth Bulge. And for sure Imran has mobilized them.

But to infer from that people, young or old, would vote against their pocket is a simplistic narrative. A 70+ old Imran has been able to convince the young to vote for him against a much younger Bilawal is because of the economic failures of the PDM govt. Come 2026 and if the PM Imran doesn't 'deliver' then the same 'youth' who were going to not vote for him in early 2022 would not vote for him in 2026.

That's my rebuttal to the video in which the esteemed professor Adil Najam--whose 'Pakistaniat' website I used to follow for year.

When we start from wrong premises and we come to the wrong conclusions.

If PTI allies with PPP, what would happen? It is PMLN who 'robbed' PTI's seats. So, will it be a bad move?
Also, PTI must allies with JI, MWM, TLP, etc @Areesh ?

For sure there is more youth involvement as it much of the the world where there is the Youth Bulge. And for sure Imran has mobilized them.

But to infer from that people, young or old, would vote against their pocket is a simplistic narrative. A 70+ old Imran has been able to convince the young to vote for him against a much younger Bilawal is because of the economic failures of the PDM govt. Come 2026 and if the PM Imran doesn't 'deliver' then the same 'youth' who were going to not vote for him in early 2022 would not vote for him in 2026.

That's my rebuttal to the video in which the esteemed professor Adil Najam--whose 'Pakistaniat' website I used to follow for year.

When we start from wrong premises and we come to the wrong conclusions.
Nobody votes against the pocket but in general there were results to analyze independently(IK can claim COVID hit) and PDM basically screwed it all up.
The problem is that the idiocy carried out by the PTI government in its early days was ameliorated by some very good youth specific programs that led to some serious reform for your middle class youth. That is what they saw - and more importantly, it wasn't "led" by IK than by some fairly well qualified people within the industry.

Its only natural, when you have more educated youths, social media knowledge, peope will automatically demand more from political parties and the state. The people want a change, upgrade of state institutions so people don't have to beg to local MNAs for justice, people don't need to visit police stations with local MNAs so that police gives justice to them, they want police and judges to give them their rights.
I encourage strongly to all Pakistanis to pressurise your choice of political parties to make changes within themselves on merit, and improve the state, otherwise move on to a new party, don't waste decades in hope.

People need to understand those who have been in politics since the 1990s do not want a change because they will loose all their power, if police and judiciary can give justice then the MNAs power will dissappear to only legislation, if MNAs don't get the funds their power will dissappear.

Pakistan needs strong accountability, the state funds need to be tracked so corruption is reduced, misuse of funds is reduced.
The population has outgrown the “human infrastructure”; going face to face with a government official. People want services like they use on their phones. The government should take this an opportunity and not as much as a concern; it will create the base demand for Pakistani apps which can then be exported to the world. Look at American apps, Chinese apps and Indian apps. Pakistan is the 5th largest population, it’s about time it started acting like it’s a country of 250 million on the way to 400 million by 2050, and not the 108 million of 1988, at the end to the Zia era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Country Watch Latest

Back