Pakistan General Elections 2024

This I take it this was one of the ones who went under the independent pro PTI banner but then joined PMLN right?
Yes,

He defeated Sheikh Rohail Asghar in Lahore as an independent candidate-backed by PTI. Now he joined PML-N. So now PTI have 94 instead of 95 PTI-backed Independent candidates

Only by making Aleema Khan PM can Pakistan be rid of dynastic politics.
Youthiya bhai got me thinking...
Aleema could finally take over all the plots she could not take in the previous term
Afterall they are General Burkis( the OG property dealing general's) clan
Its destiny
Pakistans version of Manifest destiny
#GirlBoss #RealestateTycoon #itsonlyBui"ne"ess
Screenshot 2024-02-12 085552.png

If some poor soul believes the establishment has a grand plan to save either the politics or the economy of Pakistan, they better stop smoking the strong stuff. If they had a plan they wouldn’t be in the massive local and international mess you see today.
If the top financial publications of the world like the Financial Times and The Economist highlight political instability in Pakistan, nobody will invest a penny.

by Sara Taseer @sarataseer @FT @TheEconomist

Total economic collapse is a blessing in disguise for the enslaved population of Pakistan.

کچھ شرم کرلو آرگمنٹ ہے تو کرو ورنہ راستہ ناپو۔
argument un ka saath ki jati ha jin ka koi deen amaan ho, koi gairat ho, koi sharamo haya ho. Bazameer, basharam or ghaiart sa arai logon sa nahi.

Shoaib Shaheen not coming slow! Even a cool temper guy like him openly calling this dharti ka bauj napak bhauj out. Keep it up.

At least they had some integrity left.
I disagree (expect for Siraj Ulhaq), this is because they currently see no future but most probably will be back after some time passes; remember Aleem Khan also left politics briefly last year.

Sirajul Haq resigns as Jamaat-i-Islami chief

In another shock development, Sirajul Haq has announced his resignation as the chief of Jamaat-i-Islami.
In a post on X, he said he has “accepted the responsibility of defeat” in the February 8 general elections.

"I have decided to step away from politics all together"

Nah, THE PEOPLE have decided that for you.

You're a lowlife loser and your political career has officially come to an end.

You won't be missed, Bye.

‘Not that big a deal’: PM Kakar brushes off criticism from US lawmakers on elections

Caretaker Anwaarul Haq Kakar has brushed off criticism from US lawmakers regarding the general elections and said that it is “not that big a deal”.

He said Pakistan had a huge diaspora in the United States, some of whom had “quite an active role in domestic politics and have their own inclinations towards domestic politics here so at times it is quite easy for you to settle there, participate in local fundraising and you’ll be able to influence one, two or a few members of US Congress”.

Kakar said US Congress members did not “represent the gospel truth” and were not the “pedestal of do [and] does [not]”.

He said there were other important issues for them to comment on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back