Pakistan General Elections 2024

No. The reason is Pti has zero seats and reserve names are submitted in advance

If "PTI" has indeed 'zero seats' then why are its supporters and party leaders cheering the results??
The PTI-backed Independent MNAs can and will work out the Reserve Seats--maybe forming a new Parliamentary Block. Being 'Independent' MNAs can be very good in Pakistan's system!!

Pakistanis loose it when American media call the number of dead in Gaza fake but them themselves call people dead in KP AND BALOCHISTAN as fake

It's like this every Muslim country
For example even in turkey kurds are suppressed not allowed to vote (due to 10% law) or use their own language

If "PTI" has indeed 'zero seats' then why are its supporters and party leaders cheering the results??
The PTI-backed Independent MNAs can and will work out the Reserve Seats--maybe forming a new Parliamentary Block. Being 'Independent' MNAs can be very good in Pakistan's system!!
Because original preliminary results indicated PTI was taking 171 seats that's enough to form govt without 10% reserve seats

It doesn't work like that. They must have contested on the party's symbol.

Now they've the option of joining any party of their choice for 72 hours, but it'll not impact the reserved seat calculations.

No big deal. When big leaders play out of their turf they sometimes lose. Benazir, Imran, Nawaz all lost in such situations.
It is Nawaz's Lahore seat which is the main focus!!!
Oh so he’s contesting from multiple seats? That I didn’t know.

A lot of announced results are being flipped like the one for ishaq dar mother was announced after 99% counting and now it's flipped

Why do you say that?? The religious minorities and women Reserve Seats will be distributed according to the National Assembly seats' proportions of each party. Always been like that. Even Senate seats are distributed like that.
So PTI will get substantial number of seats.
Arjunk posted a reply above that sums it up better then i could.

I’m not a PTI supporter, but it’s nice to see the the establishment’s plans being impeded.

It doesn't work like that. They must have contested on the party's symbol.

Now they've the option of joining any party of their choice for 72 hours, but it'll not impact the reserved seat calculations.

You are from India, right? You sure how this works in Pakistan's system for the Reserved Seats? If so then indeed a significant loss for PTI.
BTW, banning PTI as a party is what I would call 'Pre Poll Rigging'. For the last two decades or so, electoral rigging in Pakistan happens either Pre Poll or Post Poll, based on what the Establishment decides; on the actual day of the polling, the Pakistani system is remarkably better than might seem to people!!

Dawn says PTI is winning - does that mean imran khan will be back as PM?

ZA Bhutto was genuinely popular though. Sharif and Zardari outside of their confined zones are despised by the masses. This will end very badly if the establishment goes forward with the blatant rigging.
Bhutto wasn't popular where it counted, with the majority in East Pakistan, hence the rebellion. Even humpty dumpty is popular if you poll jaati umra.

Let's call a spade a spade, let N come and lets see what they do. I assure you in the next election there will be no mercy or no leeway space for rigging. Country would literally break.

I don't see PTI being civil or less hostile.

What do you mean? Are you saying it was Pmln behind the rigging and next elections the military will not allow any rigging? Why would country break? Isn't it the military job to keep the nation together, you see this is the whole issue, for the past few years, whatever done by the rulers is leading to more issues and destruction, noone is working towards unity and bridging the gap.

If still shamelessly PMLN makes govt after losing the elections terribly then it will be a disaster. This will not bring any stability to the country. PMLN has lost all its credibility. Whole nation, whole media, everyone knows how 50+ seats of PTI backed candidates are given to PMLN. This kind of government will not last longer, PTI will keep fighting to challenge rigged elections. Qazi fraud Issa will retire in few months, so I see some hope for PTI to challenge or redo elections in disputed constituencies

If still shamelessly PMLN makes govt after losing the elections terribly then it will be a disaster. This will not bring any stability to the country. PMLN has lost all its credibility. Whole nation, whole media, everyone knows how 50+ seats of PTI backed candidates are given to PMLN. This kind of government will not last longer, PTI will keep fighting to challenge rigged elections. Qazi fraud Issa will retire in few months, so I see some hope for PTI to challenge or redo elections in disputed constituencies
Redoing elections absolutely should not be acceptable for PTI. The real results from form 45 are floating around. They won a 2/3 majority, point blank. Pakistan cannot afford more months of judicial hearings and no popular governance followed by ANOTHER election after this one was delayed already, with more IMF discussions hanging over its head too.

Here are the results which decide Pakistan future for 5 years.

Centre - Pmln,PPP,JUI,Mqm
Punjab - Pmln
Sindh - PPP/Mqm
Balochistan - PPP, JUI, Pmln
Kpk - PTI

Screenshot_20240209_162212_YouTube.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back