Pakistan UAVs News & Discussions

Jango

RETIRED MOD
Sep 12, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
A source would be better with these kinds of posts, no? I can't find anything on mainstream media. Also I think there is already a dedicated thread for the op, lest we derail this one.

Edit - found the source in social media, looks like a bomb drop from quadcopter drone than a proper drone strike.

Quadcopters dropping mortars probably suggests an infantry unit using them.

Perhaps the delay with PAF drone strikes is the coordination between PAF and the guy on the ground? But I guess that shouldn't be a problem now after all these years.

So it is puzzling indeed.

We should be having drone cover for convoys in Balochistan., if not all, at least 50%.

My bet is just institutional disconnect.

JamD

Think Tank
Mar 16, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
If it hasn't happened already, it is very close to happen. The TTP are going to use this mortar on quad thing against PA. We better have good countermeasures for these things. They are extremely low on the tech ladder these days and entirely within the TTP's reach.

Cipher212

Jun 12, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
If it hasn't happened already, it is very close to happen. The TTP are going to use this mortar on quad thing against PA. We better have good countermeasures for these things. They are extremely low on the tech ladder these days and entirely within the TTP's reach.
Very serious question on this. In Pakistan's case, considering our vast population and low salaries, is it cheaper to safeguard the jawaans we currently have with jammers and armoured trucks, or just recruit more fodder?

hussain0216

Elite Member
May 28, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Very serious question on this. In Pakistan's case, considering our vast population and low salaries, is it cheaper to safeguard the jawaans we currently have with jammers and armoured trucks, or just recruit more fodder?

Respectfully, it's just to recruit more fodder

The reality is terrorism isn't massive in Pakistan

If you add up all the deaths security forces may suffer in a year, it will be maybe 100-300 on average or something like that

Pakistan is a nation of 240 million, with army of 700,000 approx, hundreds of thousands of further paramilitaries and millions of police or security of some sort

Military might want good tech to protect their soldiers, but considering death numbers, they will continue to push for IBOs and offensive tactics to destroy the enemy rather then employ expense options when they have limited funds

That_Guy

Think Tank Analyst
Mar 29, 2013
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Quadcopters dropping mortars probably suggests an infantry unit using them.

Perhaps the delay with PAF drone strikes is the coordination between PAF and the guy on the ground? But I guess that shouldn't be a problem now after all these years.

So it is puzzling indeed.

We should be having drone cover for convoys in Balochistan., if not all, at least 50%.

My bet is just institutional disconnect.
It could also be cost of operation that they're not getting coverage.

Asfandyar Bhittani

Think Tank Analyst
Jan 2, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
It could also be cost of operation that they're not getting coverage.
Pretty sure training and arming hundreds (if not thousands) of platoons across the KP/Balochistan with quadcopters is far more costly than a dedicated MALE UCAV squadron on stand by.

Not saying we shouldn't arm and train our infantry in UAV warfare on squad/platoons levels considering the evolving nature of war.

Asfandyar Bhittani

Think Tank Analyst
Jan 2, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Atleast 3 more hangers being added to Murid Airbase, south of the original 8. (Most likely complete by now).
IMG_20240628_075919.jpg
IMG_20240628_075848.jpg

Corax

Dec 22, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Woot tech is a private company? Have their products been sold to anyone or been picked up by the Pakistani military?

Yes, it appears to be a private company. I don't know too much about the company or whether they've had much success in selling their products, I just found it interesting that they've adopted a similar design concept as the next gen Lancet drone.

Bilal

Think Tank Analyst
Aug 9, 2013
I was referring to this configuration. I've only ever seen the new Russian Lancet drone adopt this design, haven't seen any other drone.

View attachment 51345

And Woot Tech's Xpear MX-150

View attachment 51346

Corax

Dec 22, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Interesting, thanks for sharing, seems to be a more similar design with that from Woot Tech.

Users who are viewing this thread