Rafale M Deal: India and France to Fast-Track Negotiations After Elections

In major news, France has submitted it's latest best and final offer for the 26 Rafale M/D fighters for the Indian Navy.

After hectic negotiations, price was reduced after the DCS clearance to remove the clauses to integrate Uttam AESA radar and integrate Astra BVRAAMs on the Indian Navy's Rafales.

They have agreed to use a yearly escalation methodology, using the 36 Rafale deal for the IAF as the baseline to calculate how much the Rafale M/Ds should cost.

Ahead of NSA visit, France submits final price offer for 26 Rafale Marine jet deal

Suddenly only Rafale marine is being discussed but there is nothing much talked about additional 3 Scorpenes.... hope that is also on the agenda.....

PRICES SLASHED 😋

price of Rafales were reduced because the clause for integrating Indian avionics, including the crucial UTTAM AESA radar, was removed. This is not ideal, as it means Indian and Russian weapons cannot be integrated with the Rafales.

price of Rafales were reduced because the clause for integrating Indian avionics, including the crucial UTTAM AESA radar, was removed. This is not ideal, as it means Indian and Russian weapons cannot be integrated with the Rafales.

See our TEDBF is 10 years away

Without RAFALE M Our Two carriers will only have MIG 29 K

We can fulfill all our desires of GAN AESA And Astra MK 3 in our
LCA Mk 2 and all others that will follow it and in Su 30 upgradation

Uttam Aesa , Right now , is also Gallium Arsenide AESA like RBE 2 AESA of RAFALE

Future Variants will be GAN AESA

Suddenly only Rafale marine is being discussed but there is nothing much talked about additional 3 Scorpenes.... hope that is also on the agenda.....

The most important thing is the 110 KN engine

Engines are the Final frontier for India , we will even get Hypersonic Glide Vehicles before we get Engines

Without RAFALE M Our Two carriers will only have MIG 29 K

We can fulfill all our desires of GAN AESA And Astra MK 3 in our
LCA Mk 2 and all others that will follow it and in Su 30 upgradation

Uttam Aesa , Right now , is also Gallium Arsenide AESA like RBE 2 AESA of RAFALE

Future Variants will be GAN AESA
Since Indian Air Force urgently needs to reach 42 squadrons, acquiring fighter jets quickly is the priority, making it seem reasonable to accept them without Indian avionics for now. However, importing a fighter jet with foreign avionics, when India has already developed state-of-the-art systems for the Tejas, is not an ideal deal. Any fifth-generation fighter jet India imports in the future—whether it’s the F-35 (if available), the Russian Su-57, or the Korean KFX (though it's essentially a 4.5-generation aircraft)—will come equipped with Indian avionics.

I am delighted that we are adding another 26 Rafales to our fleet even if it navy not air force ..

I hope we also conclude the additional three scorpene subs

And will dance naked if we add the rumoured barracuda class nuke subs at two or ideally three subs soon..

I think french weapons are as lethal and combat proven as USA and better than rest of the plant

I am delighted that we are adding another 26 Rafales to our fleet even if it navy not air force ..

I hope we also conclude the additional three scorpene subs

And will dance naked if we add the rumoured barracuda class nuke subs at two or ideally three subs soon..

I think french weapons are as lethal and combat proven as USA and better than rest of the plant
My God I don't even know how will I celebrate if we bag those nuclear barracudas.... my situation will be same like Akshay Kumar from phir hera pheri..... from 2.00 specially....

26 Rafale M jets will be imported off the shelf from Dassault Aviation, while MDL will serve as the main contractor for the 3 Scorpene submarines.

Totally unrealistic! You have not even the Tejas Mk2 ready which was postponed to be rolled-out from formerly 2022 to now 2026 (at best!) and the AMCA is also still in preparations with the TEDBF surely not even the design frozen.

So to think it will be "10 years away" is just laughable ...

I think this is small deal as token, larger deal is in bargaining phase right now.
Yes, I was thinking the same. The 114 Rafales under the MRFA program will likely come equipped with Indian avionics.
Indian Navy is in urgent need of new fighter jets. The initial plan was to acquire 57 Rafales, but this was reduced to 26, citing the development of TEDBF. However, I believe the TEDBF project will eventually be shelved, and they will likely decide to procure an additional 31 Rafales for the Navy and 114 for the Air Force, which seems to have been the original plan all along.

Yes, I was thinking the same. The 114 Rafales under the MRFA program will likely come equipped with Indian avionics.
Indian Navy is in urgent need of new fighter jets. The initial plan was to acquire 57 Rafales, but this was reduced to 26, citing the development of TEDBF. However, I believe the TEDBF project will eventually be shelved, and they will likely decide to procure an additional 31 Rafales for the Navy and 114 for the Air Force, which seems to have been the original plan all along.

India should follow the marine rafale with
Scorpene deal x 3
Barracuda subs x 3
114 MRFA Rafale F5
Safren engine

Entry as partner to the future combat systems sixth generation project

We are heading towards a 10 trillion gdp which is 200 billion dollar defense budget
This is achievable

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back