Russia-Ukraine War - News, Discussions & Updates

@Viet @Sharma Ji @SolarWarden

Whoa! Looks like that Gorlovka buffer is coming along nicely. Gorlovka is the 4th biggest city in Donetsk after Donetsk, Mariupol, Makeevka.

That’s impressive but strategic unimportant. Ukraine takes the same size in Kursk. Ukraine goal is killing as much russian zombies as possible then withdrawing to fallback position.

I just do a quick math about the costs. Norway has $1.7 trillion in sovereign funds, Russia $147 billion, in 6 months will be to 0. I wonder where the money goes. Putin is now 25y in power. Russia oil and gas revenues is about $100 billion a year.
So Putin receives in total $2.5 trillion.
We now 917 days into the war, every war day costs Russia $2 billion, in total $1,834 billion or $1,8 trillion.

the difference is $700 billion. That’s Russia total forex reserves. Minus $300 billion seized by the west, then Putin has $400 billion, that money is mostly hidden in China. That’s ok for 2y imports. Or 4y maximum.

If money is an indicator then Putin can continue this war for 4y more.

That’s impressive but strategic unimportant. Ukraine takes the same size in Kursk. Ukraine goal is killing as much russian zombies as possible then withdrawing to fallback position.

I just do a quick math about the costs. Norway has $1.7 trillion in sovereign funds, Russia $147 billion, in 6 months will be to 0. I wonder where the money goes. Putin is now 25y in power. Russia oil and gas revenues is about $100 billion a year.
So Putin receives in total $2.5 trillion.
We now 917 days into the war, every war day costs Russia $2 billion, in total $1,834 billion or $1,8 trillion.

the difference is $700 billion. That’s Russia total forex reserves. Minus $300 billion seized by the west, then Putin has $400 billion, that money is mostly hidden in China. That’s ok for 2y imports. Or 4y maximum.

If money is an indicator then Putin can continue this war for 4y more.

Big cities always matter. Empty land and small villages can be taken easily. You can't take a big city without losing millions of valuable soldiers.

Big cities always matter. Empty land and small villages can be taken easily. You can't take a big city without losing millions of valuable soldiers.
The russians do the same tactic everywhere they go. They bomb everything to ashes then declare they liberate the ruins from the Nazi.
Interesting that is happening in 21 century, somebody believes to such shit.

The russians do the same tactic everywhere they go. They bomb everything to ashes then declare they liberate the ruins from the Nazi.
Interesting that is happening in 21 century, somebody believes to such shit.

Cities can be rebuilt.

Heavy price they have paid for hosting American Missiles

Destroyed own country for nothing ...

Should have told America will you allow us to host our missile in your country? and remained neutral

Crazy if you think about it , this all could have been avoided

I am afraid after that latest raid in Russia , Putin is extra angry

I still feel Russians have been so Polite
  • World Cup 2018 Russia was demonized before cup
  • Treated badly by Olympics horrible move by Olympic
  • Europe taking away their Rich Tycoon money
  • Witch hunt against Russian
  • Recent news of French arresting Telegram CEO
  • People did not share Covid vaccine with Russia

Mean while Russians supplied international space station with emergency food and supplied many times

They also shared covid vaccine with poor countries

Putin has to be one of the most "Patient" polite politician to have not use his most powerful weapons so far

Last edited:
Toretsk will likely fall first, then Chasiv Yar, and Pokrovsk before this year ends.

These will be the most important prize of this year's military op after Avdiivka early this year.

Next year, the Ukrainian army must be pushed behind the Oskil river and put more pressure on the Kharkiv front.

Ukraine is a massive land mass after all this war , still lot of land mass
Prime Agricultural land as well

Toretsk will likely fall first, then Chasiv Yar, and Pokrovsk before this year ends.

These will be the most important prize of this year's military op after Avdiivka early this year.

Next year, the Ukrainian army must be pushed behind the Oskil river and put more pressure on the Kharkiv front.
Pokrovsk is an important transportation node capturing it will make supplying war material difficult for the Eastern front

Pokrovsk is an important transportation node capturing it will make supplying war material difficult for the Eastern front

Yes , just a quick look at the Google Earth map will show you that the city is a major hub for roads with at least 6 major road converging on it.

If people pay attention the Russians are actually advancing forward more easier recently, unlike the slow slugfest that characterized the battle of Avdiivka and it's surrounding villages. I think we'll be seeing an expedited collapse of the Ukrainian army in Donbass after the fall of Pokrovsk.

Once Pokrovsk is taken, the salient around Kurakhove will worsen, and a renewed RF offensive from velyka Novosilka in conjunction with continued push towards Shevchenko would force the Ukrainian army to be either encircled or retreat and surrender a huge chunk of land to Russia

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back