Russia-Ukraine War - News, Discussions & Updates

Well, Hitler didn't give up until the moment he died, and decision to surrender was done by his general staff. Zele will likely do worse: run abroad and be a president in exile lol
Nah, he would have done so when Russia first invaded in 2022. That was probably 10 times more urgent than what he is going to face now or in the next 5 years. If he had not runaway then, he won't run away now.

In military term it's not hard at all to see Ukraine is shaping the battlefield. Which is what they did back in late 2022, we are most definitely going to see an Ukrainian offensive in Spring/Summer 2025. If Russia did not gain anything significant at all this year, they are going to be in defensive in 2025 and 2026.

Nah, he would have done so when Russia first invaded in 2022. That was probably 10 times more urgent than what he is going to face now or in the next 5 years. If he had not runaway then, he won't run away now.

In military term it's not hard at all to see Ukraine is shaping the battlefield. Which is what they did back in late 2022, we are most definitely going to see an Ukrainian offensive in Spring/Summer 2025. If Russia did not gain anything significant at all this year, they are going to be in defensive in 2025 and 2026.

Yep, and Russia is clearly losing the initiative and momentum as US aid is flowing in significant quantities. Also by late 2025, US 155mm production will be almost 3X today from 36K/month to 102K/month. The US and Europe combined will be producing over 3M 155mm shells per year by end of 2025.

And Russian armor losses and restoration rate will become critical by late 2025/early 2026.

Last edited:
Germany records the highest military spending ever: 90.6 billions euros exceeding NATO guidance of 2 percent.
All NATO combined 1.5 trillion USD.
Probably still too little to deter the russians.
The gov will cut social spending.
That you Putin

Yep, and Russia is clearly losing the initiative and momentum as US aid is flowing in significant quantities. Also by late 2025, US 155mm production will be almost 3X today from 36K/month to 102K/month. The US and Europe combined will be producing over 3M 155mm shells combined per year by end of 2025.

And Russian armor losses and restoration rate will become critical by late 2025/early 2026.
The logical conclusion on the latest Offensive is that Russia had to launch them before the US aid back in the game. They aren't prepare enough, they don't have enough number, they probably were looking at try to opening that front in July/August, but they have to push the clock forward, if I were the Russian commander, I probably just going to scrap the whole thing.

I would much rather the west send Ukraine a full spectrum of gear than a large amount of shells. Shell is important, but as long as it was enough operation wise, that's enough, you don't really need to do 3 mil a year, Ukraine is not Russian.

On the other hand, I read the Oryx prediction on Russian attrition, and they claim Russia would have run out of Tank by May 2025. I don't really think this is reasonable, they are going to use T-54 as is if push comes to shove, quality wise, that's debatable, again, I would have imagine Russia is going to try to refurb as many tank as possible with new/used torsion bar, suspension, reactive armor and so on, but quantity wise, this is going to be a while before Russia run out.

SO stupid. So, Russia gave them another chance - now, they will just move forward.
This is not even about who is right. Ignore all the morale talk (which is not as clear as many want to make it - or at least not from the side that Russia is bad) - the reality is that Russia can do what it wants, over time, so any compromise is better than the outcome.

Yep, and Russia is clearly losing the initiative and momentum as US aid is flowing in significant quantities. Also by late 2025, US 155mm production will be almost 3X today from 36K/month to 102K/month. The US and Europe combined will be producing over 3M 155mm shells combined per year by end of 2025.

Logistics always win the war. From the past every big army could collapse with logistics problem. Not enough provisions and equipments would lead to defeat.

Ukraine needs to beg for donation of supply while Russia could produce and buy from China without donation requesting. And the fact that donation weapon systems have to be transport oversea while their opponent producing and delivery on main land. Oh god how could these NAFO think that Ukraine could win this war.

The logical conclusion on the latest Offensive is that Russia had to launch them before the US aid back in the game. They aren't prepare enough, they don't have enough number, they probably were looking at try to opening that front in July/August, but they have to push the clock forward, if I were the Russian commander, I probably just going to scrap the whole thing.

I would much rather the west send Ukraine a full spectrum of gear than a large amount of shells. Shell is important, but as long as it was enough operation wise, that's enough, you don't really need to do 3 mil a year, Ukraine is not Russian.

On the other hand, I read the Oryx prediction on Russian attrition, and they claim Russia would have run out of Tank by May 2025. I don't really think this is reasonable, they are going to use T-54 as is if push comes to shove, quality wise, that's debatable, again, I would have imagine Russia is going to try to refurb as many tank as possible with new/used torsion bar, suspension, reactive armor and so on, but quantity wise, this is going to be a while before Russia run out.

By mid to late 2025 Russian IFV storage bases will be mostly depleted. Tanks likely early to mid 2026. That doesn’t mean they will disappear from the battlefield at that point. The Russians will still have a couple thousand on the battlefield, but their ability to replace losses from there on will turn critical.

The Russians almost certainly can’t sustain major operations beyond 2026.

SO stupid. So, Russia gave them another chance - now, they will just move forward.
This is not even about who is right. Ignore all the morale talk (which is not as clear as many want to make it - or at least not from the side that Russia is bad) - the reality is that Russia can do what it wants, over time, so any compromise is better than the outcome.
What is so stupid??

Russia is asking for things they yet to achieve, I don't know what type of "talks" you usually do, but for me, that term is negative sum for the Ukrainian. Why would I let you have stuff that you can't get and not able or not yet get? I mean the occupied land, that's probably a goner, which mean that part is zero, and then you want me to leave when you failed to get those area? Well, if you want them, come get them.

Yes, Russia can do what they wanted, but then you forgot about the fact that so is the Ukrainian, and in fact, for them, this is a war for their own existence, Russia will not be gone as a country if they had lost, but Ukraine will cease to be a country if they do. Put that in your mind, and you think the bar for them to fight is very low. Because either way they are either going to be eliminated or have to fight, then why talk?

This is not about moral, this is not about perspective, this is about talk is to pull people closer to the middle, there ain't no middle if this is the talk they are getting into. As they say, this is not a condition to peace talk, this is a condition for surrender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back