Strategic Defense Options for Small Economies: How Can Bangladesh Effectively Defend Itself?

Damn it, I am tired of this sh*t. You Indians are flooding every BD threads and trying to meddle with every post. We can't even have a nice and peaceful discussion among ourselves. Have some manner and decency.
I am not Indian.

That being said, when I see really unhinged posts, I have to correct them. Also, if you want to only talk among yourself, then create a telegram group and do it. No one will come and bother you.

Lastly, which post of mine is not having manners and decency?

Last edited:
India has some 1.2 million active soldiers in its army and 900,000 in reserve. If it deloys only 10% of its reserves it will have all the people needed to attack bangladesh. As I said before, it does not need to enter bangladesh if the goal is only to punish bangladesh. With 90,000 soldiers and existing paramilitary in the region it can certainly crush bangladesh. No need to even touch any active soldier.

@Joe Shearer can you please tell him that's not how it works. I am getting tired.

Well, Ukraine has been resupplied by Europe from its western border. Who will resupply you and from where?

Ukraine blunted Russian advances on multiple axis in the first weeks long before resupply from the West entered the battlefield.

Does bangladesh has ANY missile that can hit targets 500 KM away? I highly doubt.

India has numerous SRBMs that can hit from 500 KM away. It can target dhaka from Bihar. Which of Bangladesh's missile can reach Bihar?

Such a sound thought process when assessing warfigthing capabilities and operational environment.

And India has air bases in Bareliey and Agra from where it can hit Bangladesh with total impunity without even entering Bangladeshi airspace.

Yes, that's why Bangladesh Air Force initiated a plan this year to procure long range high altitude air defence systems. But let's put that aside as those are not bought yet.

With existing offensive capabilities, that is (TRG-300, Khan) BD could do real damage to Eastern air command. You really don't want that, as it would expose your North East to already superior PLA. Not worth the trouble.

Last edited:
Ukraine blunted Russian advances on multiple axis in the first weeks long before resupply from the West entered the battlefield.
Ukraine also had heavily fortified the East with fortress cities starting from 2014. They had alot of Soviet era SAMs including s300s, NATO military advisors etc.

Do BD has all that? India is too big for BD. Not throwing a shade, just a perspective.

Ukraine also had heavily fortified the East with fortress cities starting from 2014.

There were no such thing as fortress cities. They had preparation, yes.

Do BD has all that? India is too big for BD. Not throwing a shade, just a perspective.

And Russia was even bigger for Ukraine, number wise. (On paper)

With existing offensive capabilities, that is (TRG-300, Khan) BD could do real damage to Eastern air command. You really don't want that, as it would expose your North East to already superior PLA. Not worth the trouble.
TRG 300 merely has a range of 120 KM. Jorhat Airbase for instance is more than 280 KM away from any place in Bangladesh. Even Guwahati is on the edge of that range. At most Shillong will be in range.

Tezpur, Jorhat, Guwahati will remain away from Bangladesh's reach.

Lastly, PLA does not need any kind of help. If it decides to attack India, they have weapons to take out those airbases much much more easily than Bangladesh can ever hope to. Just their Rocket force can hit all those airbases with a massive barrage of missiles and take them out. So this entire "Bangladesh can weaken eastern india air defence" has no legs.

Last edited:
While not knowing the basics of modern warfare and making silly number comparison.
You are here telling that TRG-300 can take out an airbase 300 KM away and I do not know the basics of modern war. Sure!

TRG 300 merely has a range of 120 KM. Jorhat Airbase for instance is more than 280 KM away from any place in Bangladesh. Even Guwahati is on the edge of that range. At most Shillong will be in range.
You are here telling that TRG-300 can take out an airbase 300 KM away and I do not know the basics of modern war. Sure!

Can't help you with your comprehension issues. Look carefully the part you quoted again. There is 'Khan' mentioned along with TRG-300.

There were no such thing as fortress cities. They had preparation, yes.
They had heavily fortified cities serving as logistic junctions or at choke points, Soledar, Advivka, Bakhmut etc. Unfortunately BD isn't that heavily defended, unlike Ukraine they don't have alot of SAMs to deny aerial supremacy.

They had heavily fortified cities serving as logistic junctions or at choke points, Soledar, Advivka, Bakhmut etc.

No disrespect. But that is a vague claim without specifics.

if you mean, Ukrainian army already had bases in many of their cities, so, it was much easier for them to mobilize, set up logistics and tactical formations, fortify strong points, then it is not unique to Ukriane. BD has 20+ permanent military bases across 20+ important cities/districts.

This advantage is inherent to any defender, not just Ukriane. As they would be fighting in and around their home cities. Tactical and operational set up, logistics management, on site fortification, dispersion is much easier for the defenders compared to an invading force.

Unfortunately BD isn't that heavily defended, unlike Ukraine they don't have alot of SAMs to deny aerial supremacy.

Ukrainian SAMs didn't do very well in the first month.

Last edited:
India has some 1.2 million active soldiers in its army and 900,000 in reserve. If it deloys only 10% of its reserves it will have all the people needed to attack bangladesh. As I said before, it does not need to enter bangladesh if the goal is only to punish bangladesh. With 90,000 soldiers and existing paramilitary in the region it can certainly crush bangladesh. No need to even touch any active soldier.
@Afif

He has not the faintest idea about the military and its formation. Why are you wasting time?

There is 'Khan' mentioned along with TRG-300.
Bangladesh does not have "Khan" missile system and only TRG-300 Tiger. Present proof if you disagree.

About forces here is a basic point and no amount of "theory crafting" can set it aside.

India has 900,000 forces in reserve. Bangladesh's TOTAL troops is merely 160,000. Nothing you do can change this reality.

So lets park this stupid "india has all its resources protecting its borders" idea aside.

You are insulting crumpled-up paper, and I will not stand for it.
Ajay’s logic is as good as a crumpled-up paper.
@Afif

He has not the faintest idea about the military and its formation. Why are you wasting time?
@Afif

And you folks were talking about "Manners" and "Logic" and what not. All I hear is personal attacks, adhominems and no arguments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back