Strategic Defense Options for Small Economies: How Can Bangladesh Effectively Defend Itself?

Didn’t yall lose parts of Kashmir? Didn’t Pakistan hand over some parts of territories your country claims sovereignty over to China? Just because facts don’t get shown in India doesn’t mean it’s not true.
When we didn't even have a proper air force? Yeah man that's a smart comparison. Could've gone back to the 19th century when Mangal Pandey lost in the sepoy Mutiny.

When we didn't even have a proper air force? Yeah man that's a smart comparison. Could've gone back to the 19th century when Mangal Pandey lost in the sepoy Mutiny.
India didn’t have a proper Air Force? 🤣 yall always had superiority in numbers in this region. If by proper you mean good pilots well then yall still lack in that department today. Forgot abhinundone?

India didn’t have a proper Air Force? 🤣 yall always had superiority in numbers in this region.
If we are talking about the situation at the time of independence, and the first Kashmir war, in 1947 and 1948, India had a perfectly adequate air force, not as large and as multi-faceted as the great powers, the US, the USSR and the UK, but more than adequate for the region.

It is not clear why it was remarked by the Indian member that India didn't have a proper air force.

If by proper you mean good pilots well then yall still lack in that department today. Forgot abhinundone?
That was a thoroughly cheap remark. Nothing about that shooting down had anything to do with pilot incompetence.

It is also surprising that somebody with no similar combat experience allows himself to mock an airman's name.

You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

India didn’t have a proper Air Force? 🤣 yall always had superiority in numbers in this region. If by proper you mean good pilots well then yall still lack in that department today. Forgot abhinundone?
Did you even read or have comprehension issue? You are comparing 1960s to events trying to claim India keep losing land now. I was asking where, and your brain short-circuited. Lol! BDs are overestimating their importance in the region. It's in your best interest to be on good terms with India, you already have one hostile neighbour down south.

Did you even read or have comprehension issue? You are comparing 1960s to events trying to claim India keep losing land now. I was asking where, and your brain short-circuited. Lol! BDs are overestimating their importance in the region. It's in your best interest to be on good terms with India, you already have one hostile neighbour down south.

It’s hard for you to believe given you hear 24/7 how great India is on the news. Keep coping

If we are talking about the situation at the time of independence, and the first Kashmir war, in 1947 and 1948, India had a perfectly adequate air force, not as large and as multi-faceted as the great powers, the US, the USSR and the UK, but more than adequate for the region.

It is not clear why it was remarked by the Indian member that India didn't have a proper air force.

That was a thoroughly cheap remark. Nothing about that shooting down had anything to do with pilot incompetence.

It is also surprising that somebody with no similar combat experience allows himself to mock an airman's name.

You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.
Indians have a habit of blaming the plane when they’re being shot down but praise the pilot when they score a kill. Since India had way more of the former than the latter I had to state the facts albeit not in as polite terms as you would like

It’s hard for you to believe given you hear 24/7 how great India is on the news. Keep coping
😂 Nowhere does it say where they are holding positions. Both sides encroached on lands are staying there. You can hope Chinese comes to save you or even engage with you but the reality is you offer nothing of worth a mention. Your entire argument is a giant cope of an irrelevant state who found a mention in the evening news in CNN. Ride the wave while you can lol

Are you guys going to wage all your wars on PDF? It seems acting PM of BD wanted to meet Modi in NYC but India said no. Perhaps your guys should act outside PDF. Nah, India is not great. I be the first one to bad mouth it to eternity. But no one has "settled" anything on a forum.

Well I am by no means an expert (please keep this in mind when assessing my input) but here are my two cents,
  1. Defense Strategy: In my opinion Bangladesh can use its territory to implement a Defense in Depth strategy (Delaying rather than prevent the advance of an attacker, buying time and causing additional casualties by yielding space) It can use its considerable youth bulge considerably by initiating citizen militias that can provide well trained guerillas in time of need. My belief is that Bangladesh can trap any adversary within its territory and cause it to bleed out considerably thus raising the cost to the point of withdrawal
  2. Weapon Acquisition: I think that low cost suicide drones and long range rockets as being used by factions in Russia-Ukraine and Israel war on Gaza can be most useful and help in taking the war into the territory of the adversary while it loses men and material on the frontlines. Focus can be used to setting up industrial capacity for making light weapons like Assault rifles, Anti armor RPGs and MANPADs for wider dissemination. Similarly if possible changing the F7s for suitable single engine fighters like the J10 or JF17 in order to expand standoff capability. In maritime, my opinion that area denial weapons would be most useful
  3. Asymmetrical Warfare: in my view, Bangladesh must recognize that it is surrounded by a hotbed of active warzones involving mainly non state actors. Myanmar appears to be in full civil war while ethnic tensions are seething in India's Seven sisters. In such a scenario, it would be wise to cultivate a working relations with agreeable foreign armed groups in the vicinity so as to manage local tensions and prevent them from spilling into Bangladesh. Additionally these groups can become assets in case a foreign adversary tries to use something like the Shanti Bahini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back