TF-X / KAAN / Hürjet Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircrafts News & Discussions

Second protoype will fly in 2025, probably this will be a good feedback model. With the second prototype the fighter will have landing gears that works for real.

His name is Kaan, the ruler who dominates the horizon is looking for your Chinsese ass asses to destroy the Ali-baba plane every day.

Aircraft, like ships, are given female gender ....

Aircraft, like ships, are given female gender ....
That's just semantics. First start using plain English, but not using an ugly slur before using it in a sentence, it's not entirely necessary. SOme Romance languages in Europe use the masculine/feminine before the last gender but can be masculine. Most importantly, according to Turkish custom, he is male.

From zero to Hero ..... Turkish Aerospace Industries in the last 10 years

-- KAAN 5th gen Fighter Jet
-- HURJET next gen jet trainer and light attack Aircraft
-- HURKUS trainer Aircraft
-- ANKA-S MALE UCAV
-- AKSUNGUR MALE UCAV
-- ANKA-3 flying wing stealth UCAV
-- T-129 Attack Helicopter
-- T-929 heavy Attack Helicopter
-- T-625 Utility Helicopter
-- T-925 Utility Helicopter
-- SUPER SIMSEK jet powered Kamikaze Drone
-- GOKTURK-2 Earth observation Satellite
-- TURKSAT-6A communications Satellite

Last edited:

This is incredible. I don't think the entire aviation community has really grasped this major development yet. Not only was it built in really a record time (super-fast ala Chinese style lol), but the visible quality of the body and specifically the skin is amazing. You can see the smoothness and lack of any fasteners in the video of the maiden flight when they were interviewing the pilot and it was directly behind him, so it was close, and I couldn't see any panel joints or seams or rivets or any kind of fasteners. It's truly remarkable.

This is not something anyone can just whip up and get up in the air safely and smoothly like that. Amazing and credit to the Turkish aviation industry this is an incredible accomplishment man, wow.

And the landing was exceptionally smooth.
1715190817876.png

IMO, I think it was good they went with the dual engines instead of the F-35 concept. With the pace this thing was developed, hopefully we'll see more soon, like the weapons bays and even cockpit close-ups.

I have no idea why Türkiye would even mention its intention to export this thing. I'm hearing Pakistan, Egypt and others why? If it was me, this is what I would be saying if anyone was interested at this super early stage - first I'd be like lemme think about it.................. :unsure:
then I would be like uuuhh no! 🖕

What's the story with the landing gear? I know they don't retract them on the first prototype maiden flight, but I thought I heard something about the next prototype will have "working or retracting landing gears" or something like that. Did they make these as fixed for now to keep the pace they wanted and figured they would work on the gear mechanism on the next proto?

They seemed to have improved the FBW on the Ka'an - the stability of the rear elevator on the tail horizontal stablisher was much much better in this test flight than the original, with far less control movements and better stability of the control surfaces in general. The plane looked less twitchy. They have obviously reviewed the initial flight test data, made some decisions and executed them for the 2nd flight. I think we will see quite a few more of these to get the FBW tuned in fully.

I am looking forward to the second prototype, where they will retract the wheels into the body and really start to open up the flight envelope.

Ka'an has a long road ahead of it before it is fully combat capable.

ps - Egypt makes some really weird(to me at least) decisions on procurements for the EAF, but the Ka'an procurement by the EAF will be a smart choice for sure!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back