US Politics

Enough tops dems are publicly asking him to drop out it looks like it’s only a matter of time.

Biden has covid. Hopefully the democrat leadership isn’t watching the story line from the movie Dave, in hopes of improving the image of his VP, Harris.

Why prayers are sparking controversy at the Republican National Convention

Story by Kelsey Dallas
The Republican National Convention is not a religious event, but prayer still plays a prominent role.

People of faith are invited on stage throughout the event to deliver invocations or benedictions — and to call on God to protect former President Donald Trump.

In other words, it’s not controversial to mix religion and politics at the Republican National Convention.

But some of the prayers offered so far this week have still been met with pushback, especially one offered on Monday by a Sikh woman.

Sikh prayer at Republican National Convention​

Harmeet Dhillon, a representative from the Republican National Committee for California, spoke Monday night about Saturday’s shooting at a Trump rally before offering a Sikh prayer.

“I am honored to share with you, my fellow Republicans and guests tonight, a prayer from my faith tradition, practiced by over 25 million worldwide,” she said, according to a video shared by Asian News International.

Dhillon explained that she’d be reciting the “Ardas” prayer, which Sikhs say before a new endeavor in order to praise God and ask for protection.

She sang the prayer in the Punjabi language and then added a prayer in English.

“Dear Vaheguru, our one true God, we thank you for creating America as a unique haven on this earth where all people are free to worship according to their faith. We seek your blessings and guidance for our beloved country. Please bless our people with wisdom as they vote in the upcoming election. And please bless with humility, honesty, skill, and integrity all those who conduct the election,” Dhillon said.

Prayer controversy at Republican National Convention​

The Sikh prayer at the Republican National Convention sparked controversy for a number of reasons.

Some Christian leaders criticized the GOP for leaning into an interfaith approach.

“Republicans rocking a Sikh prayer at the RNC. It would be better to have no prayers than this type of ‘COEXIST’ pabulum,” said Thomas S. Kidd, a professor at Midwestern Seminary, in a post on X.

Other viewers questioned why images of Christian crosses were projected on the screens behind Dhillon as she delivered the Sikh prayer and behind a Jewish woman as she offered a Jewish prayer.

“The wall of giant screens behind her projected images of American flags flying next to Christian crosses and churches,” Religion News Service reported.

Still others said the Republican National Convention’s organizers did not appropriately prepare them for what to expect from Dhillon’s remarks.

“There was a woman that came out who was Sikh. I told them, I have to be off the stage completely when she prays. I don’t want there to be confusion. As a follower of Christ, I can’t be on the stage while this woman is praying to, I don’t know what. Unfortunately, that was a miscommunication,” said the Rev. James Roemke, who also prayed from the stage Monday, to Deseret’s Samuel Benson.

Religion at Republican National Convention​

Although Dhillon’s prayer faced pushback because it came from a non-Christian faith, its actual content was par for the course at this week’s event.

Multiple speakers have offered prayers in which they called on God to bless the country and thanked God for keeping Trump safe, as the Deseret News previously reported.

“We give thanks to You for keeping President Trump safe,” said the Rev. Roemke in his on-stage prayer. “We pray for the families of those affected by the demonic violence at the rally on Saturday, and we pray You would send Your holy angels to guard and keep President Trump from all harm and danger.”
The Republican Party’s xenophobia leanings are being exposed. Good for it to be out in the open for all to see.

Enough tops dems are publicly asking him to drop out it looks like it’s only a matter of time.

Biden has covid. Hopefully the democrat leadership isn’t watching the story line from the movie Dave, in hopes of improving the image of his VP, Harris.

Was listening to a local (Australia) Radio Station a couple of days ago, they are quite anti-Trump, and asking why Biden didn't drop out of the race. And for what they dubbed "an honestly old man way over his prime"

I guess, the reason why nobody but Biden for Dem is nobody is basically stepping up, we have Newsome talking about it, but the way he handled California will probably turn more independent away than Biden, then there is VP Harris, let's just say she probably going to poll worse than Biden..

The Man Behind Trump’s VP Pick: It’s Worse Than You Think​

While J.D. Vance has his own controversies, his close connection to billionaire Peter Thiel, who is poised to have unprecedented influence in a new Trump administration, should deeply unsettle every American who cares about freedom, privacy and reigning in the surveillance state.

Was listening to a local (Australia) Radio Station a couple of days ago, they are quite anti-Trump, and asking why Biden didn't drop out of the race. And for what they dubbed "an honestly old man way over his prime"

I guess, the reason why nobody but Biden for Dem is nobody is basically stepping up, we have Newsome talking about it, but the way he handled California will probably turn more independent away than Biden, then there is VP Harris, let's just say she probably going to poll worse than Biden..
Newsom is toxic, the way he runs his state is why people say to California transplants to out her states when they drive; “don’t California my … ( insert name of state)”.

Michelle Obama would be ideal, but she doesn’t want to run. It feels like Trump has the election in the bag, so many top dems don’t want to run and lose their only chance to run for the top job. Newsom may run in 2028, coming right off the Olympics in LA, which he could use to promote himself and his state and his candidacy. He could try to fix up the state in the next 4 years, but his record up to now isn’t impressive to most Americans.

The boomer (and older) gerentocracy doesn’t want to give up power, and have stifled the growth of gen. X politicians for so long the democrats have few options.

Gretchen Whitmer, in my opinion could try o vote for her first woman president shtick Hillary tried to pull off, and consider the anti-feminist platform Trump/Vance are running on they may energize up enough people to vote for her.

Her ties to the Arab community in Michigan may also get the Arab/Muslim vote, because she is more likely to take their concerns to heart and do something.

If I was a dem party boss, I’d run Gretchen. She’s young enough to campaign hard across the country to try to get the youth vote as well. The problem is dem donors are also pro-Israel and don’t want to see anything done on getting to a two state solution. So until that internal fissure is addressed; Palestine, the democrats are stuck. Other issues like the economy, Gretchen can try to play up the good and down play the bad.

What looks lien what will happen is they will run Harris, because the Biden/Harris campaign has $250 million in the bank and if they run someone else, they will have to give the money back to donors and have to try to persuade the donors to give to another candidate like Gretchen.

For these structural reasons, it looks almost certain the democrat race to the White House is already hopeless, this many months out from the election.

Newsom is toxic, the way he runs his state is why people say to California transplants to out her states when they drive; “don’t California my … ( insert name of state)”.

Michelle Obama would be ideal, but she doesn’t want to run. It feels like Trump has the election in the bag, so many top dems don’t want to run and lose their only chance to run for the top job. Newsom may run in 2028, coming right off the Olympics in LA, which he could use to promote himself and his state and his candidacy. He could try to fix up the state in the next 4 years, but his record up to now isn’t impressive to most Americans.

The boomer (and older) gerentocracy doesn’t want to give up power, and have stifled the growth of gen. X politicians for so long the democrats have few options.

Gretchen Whitmer, in my opinion could try o vote for her first woman president shtick Hillary tried to pull off, and consider the anti-feminist platform Trump/Vance are running on they may energize up enough people to vote for her.

Her ties to the Arab community in Michigan may also get the Arab/Muslim vote, because she is more likely to take their concerns to heart and do something.

If I was a dem party boss, I’d run Gretchen. She’s young enough to campaign hard across the country to try to get the youth vote as well. The problem is dem donors are also pro-Israel and don’t want to see anything done on getting to a two state solution. So until that internal fissure is addressed; Palestine, the democrats are stuck. Other issues like the economy, Gretchen can try to play up the good and down play the bad.

What looks lien what will happen is they will run Harris, because the Biden/Harris campaign has $250 million in the bank and if they run someone else, they will have to give the money back to donors and have to try to persuade the donors to give to another candidate like Gretchen.

For these structural reasons, it looks almost certain the democrat race to the White House is already hopeless, this many months out from the election.
If I am a democrat, I would want Hakeem Jefferies to be on the poll.

He is the congress minority leader (not by that much) and he have his hands on a lot of Policy, he is a well liked person, effectively a black and younger Pelosi

Gretchen Witmar is not really good pick, a lot of people in her state hated her because of her economic policy. While I agree to a point Muslim vote is important in MI, but not much so in the rest of the US, and dem need to win at least 4 swing state to win 2024. On the other hand, would Muslim in MI really vote for Trump/Vance? Well.......I would say that's not going to happen.

And I don't think Trump have this in the bag, I will say Trump probably have slight advantage but Biden is not out of the count yet, the assassination strangely blew over very quickly and not even a week has gone, nobody but the right are still talking about it, it mean it is mostly going back to again who you hate less, a criminal that with the current SCOTUS ruling and Project 2025 that guaranteed to turn into a dictator? And picking JD Vance did not help with the center-leaning voter anyhow. Or an old, way pass use by day person who is very likely to crook before the end of his second term, if he was elected.

On the other hand........This come from Liz Truss.

Said alot about how stupid GOP choices were.

He is the congress minority leader (not by that much) and he have his hands on a lot of Policy, he is a well liked person, effectively a black and younger Pelosi

Gretchen Witmar is not really good pick, a lot of people in her state hated her because of her economic policy. While I agree to a point Muslim vote is important in MI, but not much so in the rest of the US, and dem need to win at least 4 swing state to win 2024. On the other hand, would Muslim in MI really vote for Trump/Vance? Well.......I would say that's not going to happen.

And I don't think Trump have this in the bag, I will say Trump probably have slight advantage but Biden is not out of the count yet, the assassination strangely blew over very quickly and not even a week has gone, nobody but the right are still talking about it, it mean it is mostly going back to again who you hate less, a criminal that with the current SCOTUS ruling and Project 2025 that guaranteed to turn into a dictator? And picking JD Vance did not help with the center-leaning voter anyhow. Or an old, way pass use by day person who is very likely to crook before the end of his second term, if he was elected.

On the other hand........This come from Liz Truss.

Said alot about how stupid GOP choices were.
It’s true the republicans are acting more confident they the aught to, it it’s mostly because the democrats are so disoriented.

Once they ditch Biden this weekend, they can look around for someone who appeals to the white working class in middle America. Preferably a governor or senator.

Perhaps they will go with the democrat governed of Kentucky. Popular in his state and could get traction nationally. Andy Beshear.

The man just looks like what many America think a president “should look like”; white guy, mid-40s, governor for the past 5 solid years (so he has a record of governance), 6’1”. His grandfather and great grandfather were Baptist lay ministers, his father was also the governor of Kentucky who challenged Mitch McConnell for the senate seat (so a strong politics family with deep democrat ties). Andy is a Deacan in his church.

Beshear could pull off a “Clinton” story arch; southern democrat governor.

Vance talks about the region, Beshear wok re-election, and has done things for the community.

1721475657314.jpeg

Jeffries seems more Pelosi’s man, and has her baggage.

Sure the Muslim vote won’t carry a state, but it could be a spoiler if the vote comes close.

Beshear’s running mate could be Jeffries or possibly a Latino governor or senator.

Beshear is being seriously looked at as a VP pick, but IMHO, he would probably look better to the electorate as a top of the ticket presidential candidate.

When he was first elected, he survived the Trump machine’s negative ads against him.

Perhaps Behear could pick Lopez as his running mate, a former mayor of a border city, to come up with a more humane border policy.

Last edited:
It’s true the republicans are acting more confident they the aught to, it it’s mostly because the democrats are so disoriented.

Once they ditch Biden this weekend, they can look around for someone who appeals to the white working class in middle America. Preferably a governor or senator.

Perhaps they will go with the democrat governed of Kentucky. Popular in his state and could get traction nationally. Andy Beshear.

The man just looks like what many America think a president “should look like”; white guy, mid-40s, governor for the past 5 solid years (so he has a record of governance), 6’1”. His grandfather and great grandfather were Baptist lay ministers, his father was also the governor of Kentucky who challenged Mitch McConnell for the senate seat (so a strong politics family with deep democrat ties). Andy is a Deacan in his church.

Beshear could pull off a “Clinton” story arch; southern democrat governor.

Vance talks about the region, Beshear wok re-election, and has done things for the community.

View attachment 55858

Jeffries seems more Pelosi’s man, and has her baggage.

Sure the Muslim vote won’t carry a state, but it could be a spoiler if the vote comes close.

Beshear’s running mate could be Jeffries or possibly a Latino governor or senator.

Beshear is being seriously looked at as a VP pick, but IMHO, he would probably look better to the electorate as a top of the ticket presidential candidate.

Bashear is way too young to run this year (My brother and sister were older than him) He probably a good candidate in 2029, but I don't think most Democratic leadership will support Bashear if he run, that mean he ain't going to pull large donations.

The Republican were bolt because the dem is shooting themselves on the foot. Had they not nominated Biden and straight up looking for a replacement, that's okay, but endorsing Biden then trying to drop him work against the unity of the party. That gave GOP their ammunition. The issue here is, in a perfect world, if Biden can come out and dispel doubt with his fellow democrats, and unify the party, I don't think GOP have a chance even post assassination attempt, the thing is, the two-time Biden tried to do it and it all went to shit. You have the NATO conference first when he called Zelenskyy "Putin" then you have the address just a couple of days ago when he called Harris "Trump".......

I mean, it's funny the first couple of time, it wasn't that funny anymore. If he kept on going like that, Trump is going to win, and this will be Democrats own fault.

Bashear is way too young to run this year (My brother and sister were older than him) He probably a good candidate in 2029, but I don't think most Democratic leadership will support Bashear if he run, that mean he ain't going to pull large donations.

The Republican were bolt because the dem is shooting themselves on the foot. Had they not nominated Biden and straight up looking for a replacement, that's okay, but endorsing Biden then trying to drop him work against the unity of the party. That gave GOP their ammunition. The issue here is, in a perfect world, if Biden can come out and dispel doubt with his fellow democrats, and unify the party, I don't think GOP have a chance even post assassination attempt, the thing is, the two-time Biden tried to do it and it all went to shit. You have the NATO conference first when he called Zelenskyy "Putin" then you have the address just a couple of days ago when he called Harris "Trump".......

I mean, it's funny the first couple of time, it wasn't that funny anymore. If he kept on going like that, Trump is going to win, and this will be Democrats own fault.
Beshear maybe young, but many people want a younger man to challenge Trump. Ideally someone in their late 50s/early 60s, but a young Beshear could be the right guy to juxtapose against Biden infirm look.

Beshear could pull off a “charm offensive” like Clinton.

Months ago, Carville had his eye on Beshear, and he knows the appeal of a genuinely popular southern democrat governor.

Obama was 47 when he was elected, GWB was 54 when he was elected, and Clinton was 47 when he was elected.

Late 40s/early 50s is a perfecta he to show maturity but also vigor for the job of the presidency.

A Beshear/Lopez ticket could appeal, not on identity only, but on the issues; realistic plans for economy to benefit the middle class and immigration reforms.

Btw, James Carville thinks democrats are losing with women at the top of the tickets if because they come off as”preachy”.

Last edited:
Sad news. Sheila Jackson Lee, head of the Pakistan-American caucus has passed away.

Condolences to her family and friends.

Beshear maybe young, but many people want a younger man to challenge Trump. Ideally someone in their late 50s/early 60s, but a young Beshear could be the right guy to juxtapose against Biden infirm look.

Beshear could pull off a “charm offensive” like Clinton.

Months ago, Carville had his eye on Beshear, and he knows the appeal of a genuinely popular southern democrat governor.

Obama was 47 when he was elected, GWB was 54 when he was elected, and Clinton was 47 when he was elected.

Late 40s/early 50s is a perfecta he to show maturity but also vigor for the job of the presidency.

A Beshear/Lopez ticket could appeal, not on identity only, but on the issues; realistic plans for economy to benefit the middle class and immigration reforms.

Btw, James Carville thinks democrats are losing with women at the top of the tickets if because they come off as”preachy”.

It’s hard for some politicians, especially immigrant parents that taught their kids to keep their heads down and climb the meritocratic ladder to balance between an accommodating personality (being nice) and being visibly adamant of a decisive course of action without looking like a do**chbag.

Striking this balance will be hard for Kamala, also because many in the electorate, as James Carville put it, don’t like “preachy women”.

So whomever the democrats run this time, will have to be both males to have a chance against Trump and Vance.

For Kamala, at least Vance is married to an Indian woman, and is of the younger generation; more PC in how to disagree without being an @ss. Many know Vance is a lib (that just wants to get rich and has an enlist mindset) putting on a act to win office.

Biden returns to D.C. after COVID-19 isolation​

Full show: Secret Service chief resigns; Harris rallies Black voters, Pelosi the puppetmaster​

Shapiro would be the right choice. But neither he nor another promising candidate will enter an election that has already been lost just a few months before it takes place.

Matt Gaetz’s Crazy New Look at the RNC, Biden Has COVID & Pedestrians Lie About the Olympics​

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back