USA: The Decaying Empire

StraightEdge

Jan 20, 2021
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
[Mod Edit]

Please see Post #3 below for the Title Post. This numbering issue will be fixed later.

This thread presents a counterpoint to the Team USA thread.

All posts MUST follow forum rules and basic standards of decency and logic. NO EXCEPTIONS.

[/Mod Edit]

Last edited by a moderator:

dbc

INT'L MOD
Jan 31, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
So why is this news discussion worthy? Are you surprised paedophiles exist in America?
Was the sentence too severe? Not harsh enough?
I don’t get why you posted this news?

VCheng

RETIRED MOD
Sep 19, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
This thread presents a counterpoint to the Team USA thread.

All posts MUST follow forum rules and basic standards of decency and logic. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Last edited:

VCheng

RETIRED MOD
Sep 19, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Take all such material here please:

KingQamaR

Sep 14, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The history teaches us that every big power/ country has "shelf time" (old Persia, Babylon, Egypt...). Nowadays, UK is insignificant, EU is sinking & becoming poor... Everyone knows that the same thing will happen to USA... however, I did NOT expect it will happen so quickly.

VCheng

RETIRED MOD
Sep 19, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The history teaches us that every big power/ country has "shelf time" (old Persia, Babylon, Egypt...). Nowadays, UK is insignificant, EU is sinking & becoming poor... Everyone knows that the same thing will happen to USA... however, I did NOT expect it will happen so quickly.

Of course. Just like all those before it, USA's dominance will pass. It is only a matter of time. How long that takes remains to be seen, but I take it that you are saying that it has already happened?

Developereo

Elite Member
Jul 31, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

All empires must surely end but I would replace the UK in your example with the Roman Empire.

I am not a history expert but most previous empires either succumbed militarily or became irrelevant due to external powers. The only exception I know of is the Roman Empire which died primarily because of internal decay.

It is unlikely that any country will surpass the US militarily or technologically in the near future. The Chinese are impressive and may even surpass the US in some technical fields, but their superiority will not be at dominance level. In any case, the US will take down the world militarily before relinquishing its dominance. Hum to dubenge sanam, ...

The threat to US dominance, therefore, comes from within: income divides, ethnic divides, ideological divides, etc. None of these are at anywhere near crisis level, but all divides exacerbate when the economy fails. However, when the US economy falls to that level, the rest of the world won't be looking pretty either. Ironically, the US desire to decouple with China may be the best gift the US ever gave to China.

KingQamaR

Sep 14, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Of course. Just like all those before it, USA's dominance will pass. It is only a matter of time. How long that takes remains to be seen, but I take it that you are saying that it has already happened?

There's this very interesting British documentary that I watched back in 2016 on YT that is called hyper-normalisation. It basically describes what is happening right now in the US to this day, which Its sad for who? because I wish what was covered in the documentary wasn't coming to fruition but unfortunately, it is. People over in US are seeing the collapse happening all around them and guess what people are doing? Just continuing to go to work and distract themselves with their daily routines like nothing major is happening at all. Its the fall of the Soviet union all over again, only now its there turn...

VCheng

RETIRED MOD
Sep 19, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
guess what people are doing? Just continuing to go to work and distract themselves with their daily routines like nothing major is happening at all.

May be they know that what is being direly described is not like that at all?

KingQamaR

Sep 14, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
All empires must surely end but I would replace the UK in your example with the Roman Empire.

I am not a history expert but most previous empires either succumbed militarily or became irrelevant due to external powers. The only exception I know of is the Roman Empire which died primarily because of internal decay.

It is unlikely that any country will surpass the US militarily or technologically in the near future. The Chinese are impressive and may even surpass the US in some technical fields, but their superiority will not be at dominance level. In any case, the US will take down the world militarily before relinquishing its dominance. Hum to dubenge sanam, ...

The threat to US dominance, therefore, comes from within: income divides, ethnic divides, ideological divides, etc. None of these are at anywhere near crisis level, but all divides exacerbate when the economy fails. However, when the US economy falls to that level, the rest of the world won't be looking pretty either. Ironically, the US desire to decouple with China may be the best gift the US ever gave to China.

If we’re being honest the Uk actually did quite well pulling off a surprisingly gentle fall from the top to the Roman Empire mayhem demise.

We should have said that about China not USA alone. Both country’s sneezes are contagious.

Developereo

Elite Member
Jul 31, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
If we’re being honest the Uk actually did quite well pulling off a surprisingly gentle fall from the top to the Roman Empire mayhem demise.

The UK's slide was cushioned by the fact that the successor, USA, started out as UK-lite and they are still so close.
I wonder how the world would look if the USA had formed from Spanish colonies.

P.S. I do remember some historian (Niall Ferguson?) compared North and South American culture and claimed that American success is due to the Protestant work ethic. Interesting analysis...

We should have said that about China not USA alone. Both country’s sneezes are contagious.

Indeed. One from the supply side and one from the demand.

VCheng

RETIRED MOD
Sep 19, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

No doubt, China is a manufacturing powerhouse with a huge influence in world trade.

KingQamaR

Sep 14, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The UK's slide was cushioned by the fact that the successor, USA, started out as UK-lite and they are still so close.
I wonder how the world would look if the USA had formed from Spanish colonies.

P.S. I do remember some historian (Niall Ferguson?) compared North and South American culture and claimed that American success is due to the Protestant work ethic. Interesting analysis...

Indeed. One from the supply side and one from the demand.

I always wondered too if, given enough time , Native Americans would develop into and what kind of this North Anerica country would be like today?

They regret thanksgiving that’s for sure.

VCheng

RETIRED MOD
Sep 19, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I always wondered too if, given enough time , Native Americans would develop into and what kind of this North Anerica country would be like today?

They regret thanksgiving that’s for sure.
A North American equivalent of Wakanda? Unlikely. :D

Users who are viewing this thread