• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

USA: The Decaying Empire

Beijingwalker

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
No idea. This is the "US: Decaying Empire" thread, may I remind you.
But you claim that I have " an assigned job", what job? like criticizing XI?

微信图片_20240102203141.png

微信图片_20240102203556.png

Beijingwalker

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Not a claim. But can we get back to the topic of this thread, please.
I just don't know what kind of "assigned job" you claim I am doing, really puzzles me..

We Chinese argue about domestic politics among ourselves, but you seem never pay attention

r3alist

Aug 17, 2019
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
But is the us internally and societally strong?

VCheng

RETIRED MOD
Sep 19, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The first mistake OP is making is comparing the US to other empires. The US isn't really an empire at least not in the typical sense. One key difference you're conveniently skipping over is that many empires fell apart because of wars on their own turf or threats from neighboring enemies. The US doesn't have that issue and that's why it's gonna stay on top for a good while. If you think the US is gonna crumble and vanish you're living in a different reality.

Consider this: even if the US lost its entire navy today no other country could mess with the mainland. The US could decide it doesn't need a navy and there still wouldn't be any war going down on American soil. No country in the world can go all out in a war with the US let alone try it on American turf. Just some food for thought. The USA is gonna keep growing and evolving. Comparing it to other empires is just plain stupid.

But please keep in mind the ever-changing nature of war. It is primarily economic now, and online and even space would be the next major arenas, not just physical or territorial wars. Besides, any dominant country is still a human endeavor, and human nature remains just the same in its basic aspects.

KingQamaR

Sep 14, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The first mistake OP is making is comparing the US to other empires. The US isn't really an empire at least not in the typical sense. One key difference you're conveniently skipping over is that many empires fell apart because of wars on their own turf or threats from neighboring enemies. The US doesn't have that issue and that's why it's gonna stay on top for a good while. If you think the US is gonna crumble and vanish you're living in a different reality.

Consider this: even if the US lost its entire navy today no other country could mess with the mainland. The US could decide it doesn't need a navy and there still wouldn't be any war going down on American soil. No country in the world can go all out in a war with the US let alone try it on American turf. Just some food for thought. The USA is gonna keep growing and evolving. Comparing it to other empires is just plain stupid.

Remember me? Shook the world when I brought you change
Asking me who killed Khadafi I ain't said a thang
Leading the free world, commander in chief
Most qualified to lead, please believe I'm a beast
Politicians wanna play, well I'm playing for keeps
You wanna buy into these other guys, you taking a leap
40 deep, motorcade, presidential suite
Keep the tint over the window, I'm a sight to see!!!
Heard Bin Laden was missin' and Khadafi was trippin'
Somebody bodied them killers, exploded bombs on that building

And did the war in Iraq, try to merk me but I stay packin'
Secret service stays strapped like a straight jacket

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Rome lasted for over 1000 years as an hegemonic power. The US is 244 years and has been a world power for about 70 years out of those. They became power after the fall of the British Empire. There is really no comparison to Rome.

F-22Raptor

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2014
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Rome lasted for over 1000 years as an hegemonic power. The US is 244 years and has been a world power for about 70 years out of those. They became power after the fall of the British Empire. There is really no comparison to Rome.

There’s never been a continental sized hyperpower like the US with all its advantages, from geographic to immigrants etc.

All past empires in comparison are worthless.

VCheng

RETIRED MOD
Sep 19, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
There’s never been a continental sized hyperpower like the US with all its advantages, from geographic to immigrants etc.

Every dominant power of its time has had its heyday. USA will be no different, given that all human endeavors are not permanent in that aspect.

KingQamaR

Sep 14, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

The Roman Empire isn’t important for the size. But for the influence on Europe / western civilisations.

Aziqbal

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
US needs to be destroyed from within just like Roman Empire

more counterfeit Fentanyl from China would certainly speed things up

VCheng

RETIRED MOD
Sep 19, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
US needs to be destroyed from within just like Roman Empire

more counterfeit Fentanyl from China would certainly speed things up

China is certainly to do whatever it can in that regard already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Latest Posts