Weakening the military is weakening the nation, says COAS

Then you haven't learnt anything from history, as that 'garbage fire' is a great deal better than the $hit storms these lovely new states are in. See South Sudan as a start.
Well Bosnia, Croatia, and Serbia comes to mind. Montenegro does as well.

Another one your patrols was ambushed today this time in KPK.

Losing your illtrained soldiers to an ongoing insurgency.

Don’t kill the messenger

Weakening the British Indian Army is akin to weakening India itself," said Victor Alexander John Hope, Viceroy of India, on June 15, 1938

Well Bosnia, Croatia, and Serbia comes to mind. Montenegro does as well.

Another one your patrols was ambushed today this time in KPK.

Losing your illtrained soldiers to an ongoing insurgency.

Don’t kill the messenger

Croatia I will give to you after being infused by millions of Euros by the EU and economic help from old ally Germany. Serbia doing well according to what and whom? The EU don't want them either. Montenegro is too small for anything.
What do you mean 'one of my patrols' I'm not sending them. Why don't you suggest some bright ideas, oh sorry you're happy to sit far away and want the destruction of a nation.
They are soldiers of my ancestral land yes, and they are being led by idiots.

Weakening the British Indian Army is akin to weakening India itself," said Victor Alexander John Hope, Viceroy of India, on June 15, 1938
What’s the reference to it? Book, recording etc. curious

Croatia I will give to you after being infused by millions of Euros by the EU and economic help from old ally Germany. Serbia doing well according to what and whom? The EU don't want them either. Montenegro is too small for anything.
What do you mean 'one of my patrols' I'm not sending them. Why don't you suggest some bright ideas, oh sorry you're happy to sit far away and want the destruction of a nation.
That’s the other point of it - it’s very simple for expatriates claiming to have Pakistani connections to provide extreme statements simply because it doesn’t really impact their daily bread and butter.

There is an emotional aspect to it but at the end of the day and I give my own example so that anyone can call me out if I offer extreme ideas - I have no close family in pk either on my side or my wife’s side now - We are all citizens of another country. Our livelihood, health and daily routine has no impact regardless of Pakistan’s existence or not.

On the other hand, a friend of mine is currently in Pakistan - his earnings come from an online business and family agrarian land / his wife and kids are there along with extended family. For him a total collapse of everything even if we hypothesized would lead to a better situation in a few years means apocalypse with potential risk to every aspect of his life.

P.s
I sent the message “Happy independence day” in our group and he replied “heard Canada immigration laws have easied - Ive delayed this needlessly but it seems I need to get my family out for my kids future, need help with the process”

How has a military done a lot?
The military is made up of Pakistanis - who then did work in that profession but as a whole the military has a fairly average performance as a military. It just so happens that by the design of the elite in cohesion with military elite of old the military is now the only institution working compared to the rest so the metric becomes “done a lot”

Andhon main kana raja.

Andhon main kana raja.
By design
And the onus is not on all military - I keep saying it majority are good 9-5 people like all others working their jobs and some are exceptional

But its the dirt and elitism that comes from culture that designed this system

By design
And the onus is not on all military - I keep saying it majority are good 9-5 people like all others working their jobs and some are exceptional

But its the dirt and elitism that comes from culture that designed this system

Quite a few people actually take real pride in their work and work passionately for it.

Air force and aviation branches especially.

The military is one of the strongest institutions in Pakistan.

My words are harsh, I get it. How do you break the power of this organization when they’re making money off all 4 the provinces. Many army as*kissers here themselves said that Bstan is unsafe. Who’s extracting the resources and reaping the benefits.

Break the back of this organization as they have outlived their usefulness to the nation.

That’s the other point of it - it’s very simple for expatriates claiming to have Pakistani connections to provide extreme statements simply because it doesn’t really impact their daily bread and butter.

There is an emotional aspect to it but at the end of the day and I give my own example so that anyone can call me out if I offer extreme ideas - I have no close family in pk either on my side or my wife’s side now - We are all citizens of another country. Our livelihood, health and daily routine has no impact regardless of Pakistan’s existence or not.

On the other hand, a friend of mine is currently in Pakistan - his earnings come from an online business and family agrarian land / his wife and kids are there along with extended family. For him a total collapse of everything even if we hypothesized would lead to a better situation in a few years means apocalypse with potential risk to every aspect of his life.

P.s
I sent the message “Happy independence day” in our group and he replied “heard Canada immigration laws have easied - Ive delayed this needlessly but it seems I need to get my family out for my kids future, need help with the process”

It's heartbreaking when people have to uproot themselves. I fully sympathize, as I have been here since I was two, but when I'm away on trips from family, the urge to get back kills me. I can't only imagine what goes into Pardesi's heart.

I'll be honest; even though I am a US citizen, I have myself applied for Canadian permanent residency to branch out.

It's heartbreaking when people have to uproot themselves. I fully sympathize, as I have been here since I was two, but when I'm away on trips from family, the urge to get back kills me. I can't only imagine what goes into Pardesi's heart.

I'll be honest; even though I am a US citizen, I have myself applied for Canadian permanent residency to branch out.

Smart choice. I’m kinda bound for now.

It is and it isn’t - it really depends on how you accept it or not and beyond this topic but I never fit into the system(and got into trouble for it) and naturally fit in and flourished where I am.

On the other hand there are those that don’t.

There are people who will see and nod on the gist of the message, those that will be angry, some who will read this and keep putting in their hours in their online business to save up more for their exit strategy, others will hear of this in the heat and lift the concrete bag on their head and back to move on, and those that will sip their chai and eat their gala biscuit as they work like sloths behind the counter while the person they are serving stresses and sweats hoping to get this done in time to make it back to their office ….

The question, is whether any of those personas will actually get riled up enough with explosive anger to change anything

No duh, the military is an important institution in Pakistan.
The military has done a lot for Pakistan.

However the government should be run by civilian political parties if we are truly committed to democracy within an Islamic framework.
Only clean civilian political parties and politicians, no corrupts thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back