What book are you reading?

@RescueRanger @Nilgiri @Joe Shearer @LeGenD Gentlemen, my exams are starting from Thursday. Wish me luck. :)

Also, I couldn't help myself as I ended up buying The Deep by Nick Cutter. It is considered to be one of the finest sci-fi-horror books of this century. Stephen King loves it. It was only going Rs 299. Sadly, I may not be able to read it this year.
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-08 at 20.55.34_e38fb716.jpg

61frxl9xCzL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg
Just ordered this one^

Not exactly a book, but related to my earlier post. This is anyway something like a short audiobook I suppose.

Stephen Decatur senior had a son, Decatur jr....who saw action in the 2nd war (1812) as recounted by this recent podcast episode. It gives some idea of the nature of the naval battles of the time close up.

The great lakes theatre he mentions at the end is a long subject by itself. Drachinifel's channel is a very good one for all kinds of naval history.

Back when "crossing the T" was called "raking fire"
No surprise that a rake is shaped like a T too.

I finished The North Water today. Although I wanted the story to go in a different direction in the later parts of the book, it is still an S-tier book in my opinion. @Joe Shearer @Nilgiri Both of you will love this book. Just make sure to neither read anything about the book nor read its description. @RescueRanger You should give it a shot too.

IMG_20240112_231545_707.jpg

What are you gentlemen reading these days? I decided to pick a random novel to discover gems I may never have encountered. Unfortunately, this decision seems to have backfired horribly as I ended up picking a tragic romance novel. The fact that the main character is a selfish prick makes the reading experience even more torturous.

@Joe Shearer @RescueRanger @Nilgiri @VCheng @Sharma Ji

What are you gentlemen reading these days? I decided to pick a random novel to discover gems I may never have encountered. Unfortunately, this decision seems to have backfired horribly as I ended up picking a tragic romance novel. The fact that the main character is a selfish prick makes the reading experience even more torturous.

The Toll Gate - Georgette Heyer.

Actually, nothing these days during Ramadan.

Actually, nothing these days during Ramadan.
How would you rate Big Capital in an Unequal World: The Micropolitics of Wealth in Pakistan out of 10?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back