• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Who Rules the Waves? U.S. and Chinese Fleets, by Tonnage

Lulldapull

Oct 21, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The US is denying any hit to the carrier despite a number of photos circulating in the internet saying so.
Scott Ritter spilled da beans about serious damage to the Eisenhower on his channel and he was pulled from his flight to Moscow where he wanted to attend a conference on Ukraine jang.

Yommie

Elite Member
Oct 2, 2013
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Aircraft carriers are not much use in modern warfare. These big ships are vulnerable to drone swarms.

Lulldapull

Oct 21, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Aircraft carriers are not much use in modern warfare. These big ships are vulnerable to drone swarms.
Every day the Houthi's hit some ship or the other fairly accurately. This one got slammed by two missiles and is about to sink:

Foinikas

Elite Member
Aug 1, 2021
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Every day the Houthi's hit some ship or the other fairly accurately. This one got slammed by two missiles and is about to sink:

That guy needs to stop shouting every time. He's got all those microphones in front of him and he keeps shouting like a buffoon. AALABALAHALA AL AMALIYAAAAT AHLABAHLA AL YEMENIAAAAYAH!

LeGenD

RETIRED MOD
Aug 28, 2006
Houthi hit the Eisenhower last week. It’s outta commission at the port of Jeddah for emergency repairs. Lots of ships have been hit and some even sunk by the Houthis.

This would be breaking news and American websites can provide much better information than those social media fakes. However:

Houthi have many weapons and have demonstrated serious anti-naval capability; Houthi can make it impossible for any regional navy to operate around Yemen. However, USN is no ordinary navy. USN was doing its homework based on lessons drawn from the Millennium Falcon exercise in 2002.

It [is] dangerous and difficult to operate in waters around Yemen in view of Houthi drone and missile attacks. There was a close call between a USN ship and a Houthi cruise missile one day. A hit is possible.

However, Scott Ritter is on Russian payroll much like Edward Snowden. But Americans allow free speech so there's that.

Lulldapull

Oct 21, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
This would be breaking news and American websites can provide much better information than those social media fakes. However:

Houthi have many weapons and have demonstrated serious anti-naval capability; Houthi can make it impossible for any regional navy to operate around Yemen. However, USN is no ordinary navy. USN was doing its homework based on lessons drawn from the Millennium Falcon exercise in 2002.

It [is] dangerous and difficult to operate in waters around Yemen in view of Houthi drone and missile attacks. There was a close call between a USN ship and a Houthi cruise missile one day. A hit is possible.

However, Scott Ritter is on Russian payroll much like Edward Snowden. But Americans allow free speech so there's that.
I believe many warships have been struck and recently the Royal navy’s Diamond class destroyer was also struck. When Houthis say their attack was successful, I believe it. 7 vessels were attacked in just the last 4 days. One sunk, and this latest one is reportedly sinking.

SolarWarden

Apr 16, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I believe many warships have been struck and recently the Royal navy’s Diamond class destroyer was also struck. When Houthis say their attack was successful, I believe it. 7 vessels were attacked in just the last 4 days. One sunk, and this latest one is reportedly sinking.
All you had to do is put a little effeort and you'd find out that just after the supposed hit on the Eisenhower it sailed with Italian Carrier.

LeGenD

RETIRED MOD
Aug 28, 2006
Most of the ships that were struck are cargo ships, the evidence shows it.

I don't know about the Diamond class destroyer incident, I will check it.

j_hungary

Professional
Oct 24, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

There are no Diamond Class destroyer. There were a British Destroyer called HMS Diamond

D34 HMS Diamond is a Daring Class destroyer.... I wouldn't trust a source if they managed to get this basic information wrong...

Persian Gulf

INT'L MOD
Feb 19, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

no military ships proven to be hit yet, but they probably wouldn't be quick to admit it either

SaadH

Apr 21, 2021
The days of naval strength by tonnage ended in WW 2. It boils down to who controls the skies over the oceans. Right now it is the US Naval Air wing
Yeah and above those wings, reign the Chinese Anti Ship ballistic missiles...

Lulldapull

Oct 21, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
All you had to do is put a little effeort and you'd find out that just after the supposed hit on the Eisenhower it sailed with Italian Carrier.

It's a deliberate and calculated strategy of escalation conducted by the Houthi's. Commercial shipping is disrupted and the warships bracketed via drones and ballistic missiles. They can overwhelm these western warships by the sheer numbers of drones/ missiles launched. However that seems to be the next step on the escalation ladder. We might just see Iran testing its hypersonic missile in the straits or red sea on some weak member of NATO.

nahtanbob

Elite Member
Sep 24, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Yeah and above those wings, reign the Chinese Anti Ship ballistic missiles...

Anti-ship ballistic missiles are a joke. It is unproven in combat anywhere
It is another way of saying I do not have a prayer against US Navy carrier group

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Latest Posts