Yarmook-Class Corvette/OPV | Updates & Discussion

What is the difference between commerical standards and military standards btw? I cannot find anything to indicate the difference.
Resistance of the hull, quality of the steel and compartmentalization between others... anyway that OPV looks great.

The 4th Yarmook Class Corvette PNS Yamama [F-274] of Pakistan Navy ⚓

Both PNS Hunain [F-273] & PNS Yamama [F-274] were ordered under Batch-II & they are almost 300 tons heavier [Upgraded Variant of Batch-I] than the Batch-I Yarmook Class Corvettes, PNS Yarmook [F-271] & PNS Tabuk [F-272].

1709055903687.png

Pakistan already operates 2x Yarmook Class Corvettes PNS Yarmook & PNS Tabuk, F-271 & F-272 respectively, these 2x were ordered under batch-I [2300 ton each],

1709056126016.png

Reactions: Waz
while 274 goes through some final readiness and fitting out post launch. This will take appx 6 months i guess

so 273 should be about ready to be inducted to PN

Should take minimum a year after launch. Launching is completion of only the structure (basic hull work), while all the electronics, wiring, & outfitting everything inside, sensors, weapons, all the instruments to navigate the ship etc are still to be done.

Shipyards usually are quicker to launch the ships whenever the hull work is done, so it can make room for next hull in the dry dock.

PN may receive 273 after few months but it may not be weaponized yet. I think weapon integration might be done in Karachi later.

PN had 12 Phalanx ciws weapons system , 2 went on tanker , 2 on first two yarmook ships , looks like rest of 8 would go on remaining danish ans Turkish ships 2+4 , guessing, as no ships is seen with Turkish 35 mm ciws and 2 may be spares ??

PN had 12 Phalanx ciws weapons system , 2 went on tanker , 2 on first two yarmook ships , looks like rest of 8 would go on remaining danish ans Turkish ships 2+4 , guessing, as no ships is seen with Turkish 35 mm ciws and 2 may be spares ??
likely to be cannibalised- their useful life is likely nearing its end considering the complex threats our ships face

12 Phalanx ciws weapons system is from older blk 1 and are useless in modern warfare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back