Alien: Romulus | Official Trailer

I get it, Hollywood CEOs wanna bet safe. Still i wish Scott had continued to explore the Prometheus road. We have seen aliens, chest bursts and everything. Let us know more about the engineers.

I want to know more about the engineers, and also if Blade Runner is set in the same universe as Alien ( theorised by many that is is ). Blade Runner 2049 had one scene that suggested(teased) a possible link with a spaceship ( but i wont discuss here though).

I will watch this Romulus one as i have seen all the others todate.

I get it, Hollywood CEOs wanna bet safe. Still i wish Scott had continued to explore the Prometheus road. We have seen aliens, chest bursts and everything. Let us know more about the engineers.

Ridley Scott was only a producer and not the director in this film so we got a movie that most fans want and not what he wanted. I think he realized that most fans don't give a crap about the engineers -- Prometheus had mixed reviews -- so he killed them off in Covenant and gave his blessing to Romulus.

The black goo will remain central to the franchise and there is already speculation about Romulus sequels. Romulus adds some very interesting qualities to the black goo which will no doubt be explored in the sequels.

The other mainstay in Alien movies is the whole concept of birth: live birth (pregnancy), birth after death (resurrection), and birth from death (xenomorphs). The obligatory reference to Jesus Christ in every movie is a nod to resurrection.

Ridley Scott was only a producer and not the director in this film so we got a movie that most fans want and not what he wanted. I think he realized that most fans don't give a crap about the engineers -- Prometheus had mixed reviews -- so he killed them off in Covenant and gave his blessing to Romulus.

No - he did not kill off the engineers. The ones that were killed off in covenant, were also the creations of the engineers, as were the humans!

No - he did not kill off the engineers. The ones that were killed off in covenant, were also the creations of the engineers, as were the humans!

Hmm. I thought David took the spaceship to the home planet of the engineers.

Anyway, it doesn't matter to me. I am one of those fans who doesn't give a crap about the engineers. If Ridley Scott had expanded the universe of the engineers, it might have been interesting but when he focused the plot on David, I completely lost interest.

Hmm. I thought David took the spaceship to the home planet of the engineers.
>> no - they were creations of the engineers. I spent ages looking into when the originals Prometheus and Covenant came out - even read the leaked script of the version of Prometheus that was not made in the end.

Alot of Prometheus based based on "Chariots of the Gods" alongside the Greek Prometheus mythology of course.

I agree - i too will miss the lack of closure on the engineer front. Ridley is not really known as a book writer so we may never see how he saw that world.

Last edited:

The black goo will remain central to the franchise and there is already speculation about Romulus sequels. Romulus adds some very interesting qualities to the black goo which will no doubt be explored in the sequels.

The other mainstay in Alien movies is the whole concept of birth: live birth (pregnancy), birth after death (resurrection), and birth from death (xenomorphs). The obligatory reference to Jesus Christ in every movie is a nod to resurrection.

The fans online seem to be united in their appreaction for The Engineers. But i think the material was/is too philosophical for the wider audience , who probably wants plots that are simpler and more action oriented (enter Xenomorphs). Which is common cue for blockbuster movies today. Which is why superhero movies still sell a lot tickets. Deeper mystery type films is also less digestible for non-western audience, which is bad for box office.

Prometheus has become something of a cult movie lately.

Without spoilers, Romulus reveals a number of additional qualities that the black goo infers to the host and it opens up a whole new set of plot possibilities. Really scary possibilities...hehehe...

They also hint at the true original purpose of the black goo as designed by the engineers.

I know a lot of people like David but he totally ruined the franchise for me. By contrast, I really like both Andy and Rain in Romulus -- fantastic performance by both and the captivating relationship between them is sure to evolve in sequels. (Not a spoiler since everyone knows the female lead will survive and androids never really die as such).

Last edited:
lol, a friend of mine was using that line when we had our behind shot at with small arms and mortar in Afghanistan........"Get to da choppa, now" in perfect Arnie accents when we ran over to the emergency evac.....

I remember turn around and tell him "Don't make me laugh man"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back