Announcement: New forum feature, SpeedLimit

I disagree with this one. i can see the aim of this rule, but i believe this will be counterproductive and hinder contributions and remove the fun from the discussion. spammers and trolls should be warned and banned if they break the rules without limiting other users.
Other users won't be limited, only the spammers and trolls will be.

I think you have misunderstood. The speed-limit rule only applies to people who have been reported for trolling or other offences multiple times. You are free to post as many posts as you want, as long as you don't do that.
Okay than

The function is an excellent one and curtails the enthusiasm or 'josh' if you call for people to troll, without resorting to the harsher option of ban.
It gives users the time to self-reflect and adjust their behavior. It also doesn't take away their right to post.

We've seen a surge in reports over the last three days, and we want to improve how we handle them. Our goal is to actively address each reported post, whether we approve or reject it. To ease the workload on our moderation team, we're making some changes.

Beginning tomorrow, we're introducing a forum feature called "SpeedLimit". Users included in this group will be limited to 10 posts and 1 new thread per day. We'll continually monitor and make adjustments to deter spam and enhance the overall quality of posts. The limited number of daily posts should hopefully encourage thoughtful contributions by the members. Users in this group can return to their original User Group if they avoid being reported for two weeks during the trial period.
Please don't include uploading of pictures in this category. Thanks

The function is an excellent one and curtails the enthusiasm or 'josh' if you call for people to troll, without resorting to the harsher option of ban.
It gives users the time to self-reflect and adjust their behavior. It also doesn't take away their right to post.
One of the best measures decided.
The arguments advanced say nothing about the automatic slowing to allow greater reflection.
They were about the fallibility of moderators, essentially saying that the judgement of a single human moderator was undependable and might lead to misuse. Therefore such judgements should be (a) subject to appeal; (b) such appeals should be decided by an anonymous group, who need not feel hesitant to let down colleagues.
So, nothing wrong with the system of speed reduction.

Edit

Last edited:
One of the best measures decided.
The arguments advanced say nothing about the automatic slowing to allow greater reflection.
They were about the fallibility of moderators, essentially saying that the judgement of a single human moderator was undependable and might lead to misuse. Therefore such judgements should be (a) subject to appeal; (b) such appeals should be decided by an anonymous group, who need not feel hesitant to let down colleagues.
So, nothing wrong with the system of speed reduction.

Then you have missed a lot of the arguments and suggestions made Joe.

They are there.

As well as alternative systems.

Cheers, Doc

They are there.

Cheers, Doc
This is a summary; when writing a summary, one doesn't reproduce the original in full.

They are there.

As well as alternative systems.

Cheers, Doc
I've said this to others, and I am repeating this to you.
Instead of wasting time on the details of the supervision, why not focus on good posts?

I've said this to others, and I am repeating this to you.
Instead of wasting time on the details of the supervision, why not focus on good posts?

Well, we are senior members and are giving our suggestions.

Surely you and your group are not infallible or all knowing.

Cheers, Doc

Cheers, Doc
Not at all.
The question is, what are your priorities?
Telling others all the ways in which they can improve, or doing something about it yourselves?

Your suggestions have been registered. SpeedLimit feature is still in trial phase and it is too early to make a decision right now. When we review it after a certain period, we will decide against the effectiveness, inputs given by the esteemed users and our own deductions to modify, carry-on or terminate the feature.

Right now, we do not have any major issue with it and thus it will continue to be into practice with minor tailoring and changes.

Those who are not in SpeedLimit right now should be wary to accumulate warning points. Those who have fallen into it should steer clear from further reports for a fortnight. As mentioned in the OP, you will be out of the list.

Cheers, Doc
Let me help your thinking.

Matthew 7:3-5
King James Version​

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Sorry, this would have been moderated to exclude the epithet, but that's the Bible, not me.

Not at all.
The question is, what are your priorities?
Telling others all the ways in which they can improve, or doing something about it yourselves?

My priorities are for the forum not to die before it becomes an adolescent.

Nothing loftier.

Currently, I see the early feel good atmosphere having being greatly vitiated.

Cheers, Doc

Your suggestions have been registered. SpeedLimit feature is still in trial phase and it is too early to make a decision right now. When we review it after a certain period, we will decide against the effectiveness, inputs given by the esteemed users and our own deductions to modify, carry-on or terminate the feature.

Right now, we do not have any major issue with it and thus it will continue to be into practice with minor tailoring and changes.

Those who are not in SpeedLimit right now should be wary to accumulate warning points. Those who have fallen into it should steer clear from further reports for a fortnight. As mentioned in the OP, you will be out of the list.

Bro who were you on the old forum?

Cheers, Doc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back