Announcement: New forum feature, SpeedLimit

My priorities are for the forum not to die before it becomes an adolescent.

Nothing loftier.

Currently, I see the early feel good atmosphere having being greatly vitiated.

Cheers, Doc
Oops.
Someone has blundered. Or some of us have blundered. It should have been liberty hall, like it was in the old forum. All those idiots talking about a fresh start, and making a change, really didn't know what they were talking about. Old is gold, and we should stick to what was seen and done. New things are so...so experimental!
Right.
Got you.

The function is an excellent one and curtails the enthusiasm or 'josh' if you call for people to troll, without resorting to the harsher option of ban.
It gives users the time to self-reflect and adjust their behavior. It also doesn't take away their right to post.

Throw out the entire rule book.

IMO we need to follow just one rule taken from Jack's Diner from SmallTown USA. Sometimes us dumb Yanks get it right:

no brains no service.jpg

Oops.
Someone has blundered. Or some of us have blundered. It should have been liberty hall, like it was in the old forum. All those idiots talking about a fresh start, and making a change, really didn't know what they were talking about. Old is gold, and we should stick to what was seen and done. New things are so...so experimental!
Right.
Got you.

That is exactly the point.

You have learned nothing.

And the hordes will come.

And if you are still around here, unlike as on the old forum, you will be a 24/7 jamadaar.

Cheers, Doc

I was referring to the speed limited Hindus.

Not the ones in charge.

It is not my position to comment on the Admin decision on moderation.

It has been my position since Post #1 that banning is stupid.

Selective temporary gagging is better. Which is essentially what this thread is about.

And buddy, you have been on and on about your Hindjew trip since Day 1 when there were no Indian moderators. Do recall. Just setting the record straight. Coz you making it sound like you are reacting, whereas it has been your prime agenda since joining.

Cheers, Doc
That makes you quite old then :)

That makes you quite old then :)

I'm talking about on this new forum.

On the original, my join date is on my profile.

6 months after you.

Cheers, Doc

@Mr X, @Waz For profile posts, we should have the same system as the previous forum. I should be able to post content on my profile that is limited to my profile only. Currently, I can't delete or edit my profile posts, and they are public for everyone to see when they scroll down. I didn't realize this, so I posted two messages that I now want to delete. Not because there's anything wrong with them, but they are meant only for those who visit my profile, not random people

Man, I was still in neutral gear you guys already put the speed limit.
I will condemn the 9 May if it increase my quota.

Please check if you are indeed in that group or not first.

How to check that?
From your warnings.
If your posts have been deleted, and you have been formally warned, you have accumulated points. If you have more than two points one of two things can happen.

Sounds like nothing has happened yet, and you are making anticipatory protests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back