Bangladesh Socio-Political Crisis 2024

Hasina and her cronies with their loud mouth keep on putting out outrageous statements. Latest comes from the education minister who is claiming one of the first martyr Abu Sayid was a drug addict, that's why he was protesting. Such blatant lie, he was the only university educated amongst his 10 siblings and came from a very poor family. He had every right to protest against the discriminatory quota.

The death of Abu Sayid literally sparked the revolution and rallied the whole nation. And these inhumane BAL party members continue to run their loud mouth and now attempting to malign a martyr.

BAL members believe they are untouchable, I guess a person becomes like that if they have been in power for decades unchallenged and unaccounted for.

BAL members believe they are untouchable, I guess a person becomes like that if they have been in power for decades unchallenged and unaccounted for.
Bullseye 🎯

This is why they ignored the students when they requested to hear their plea and could have resolved it peacefully. Instead chose violence to crush any protest.

The ideal situation for comman Bangladeshi people would be if this student movement turns national, and every Intellectual, professional, educated Bangladeshi supports it, then it turns in to a political block and form a national political party for all Bangladeshi people, a party that wants a change and reforms for a better stronger state, a party that wants accountability, free and fair elections, rule of law. It would become a genuine opposition to BAL and BNP. A middle way between these 2 old political parties.

Bullseye 🎯

This is why they ignored the students when they requested to hear their plea and could have resolved it peacefully. Instead chose violence to crush any protest.

We all are humans, the human behaviour is similar, if for decades no accountability is done, these same people become mafias and will do absolutely anything to protect the status quo because it benefits them. Working for a normal person welfare cost money, they rather the money is in their pockets, also it's easier to control people when they are poor and weak.

But it's also natural that after decades people are born with new ideas, they want reforms and better stronger nation.

This is no longer about students or political parties. It's about rescue BD from Mafia thugs and return it to back to people.

Are you still in BD or left?

Any suggestion?

I am thinking, "Bangladeshi freedom struggle: people vs Awami Mafia Regime"

It can happen but does Bangladesh have any political party which the people can vote in to power. The current options are BNP, JI and Jatiya Party, all are tried and tested and not much different than BAL. This movement needs to expand to all over Bangladesh, a genuine movement for a change and anti corruption drive, it should form a political platform, and then allow all those clean politicians, the educated, professionals who want a change and reforms to join, then create a political party and go for elections.

Oh my god, there is no news. I can't get any news anywhere.

Total blackout. You may be able to call, but the people in Bangladesh know nothing. They only see what the regime shows them through controlled media. It's a war zone. People are running out of food and cash. Everything is closed.

City people are in the worst condition. In villages and small cities, you can get by. I am in my late 40s and I never seen anything like this. she is definitely not a normal person. Only psychopath killer able to do such. Worst than Zionist entity.

It can happen but does Bangladesh have any political party which the people can vote in to power. The current options are BNP, JI and Jatiya Party, all are tried and tested and not much different than BAL. This movement needs to expand to all over Bangladesh, a genuine movement for a change and anti corruption drive, it should form a political platform, and then allow all those clean politicians, the educated, professionals who want a change and reforms to join, then create a political party and go for elections.

Right now main priority is to remove her from power. There are plenty of good people to run the country.

Last edited:
U.S. representatives condemn violence against student protestors and blackout in Bangladesh

U.S. representatives condemn violence against student protestors and blackout in Bangladesh

Three prominent U.S. Representatives Andy Kim, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and Jim McGovern have expressed their deep concern over the Bangladesh government’s ongoing violence against and killing of protestors.
In separate tweets on July 19, the representatives expressed their concerns. Representatives Kim and Ocasio-Cortez also called for restoration of the government-imposed communication blackout, including internet service and telecommunication.
Representative Kim specifically expressed his deep concern over the reports of civilians being targeted and killed by government forces in Bangladesh. “Violence should never be an acceptable response to protests,” Kim stated.
View attachment 56087
He urged Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina “to restore internet services and take all necessary steps to ensure the safety of civilians,” allowing a peaceful and constructive national dialogue about the country’s future.
Representative Ocasio-Cortez also voiced her outrage over dozens of protestors “killed by Bangladeshi authorities in recent days.” Pointing out the internet and telecommunication blackout imposed by the government, the U.S. representative from New York said, “My constituencies cannot reach their loved ones due to a government implemented communications blackout. I call for an end to the blackout and de-escalation of violence against protestors.”
View attachment 56089
Ocasio-Cortez made the call while sharing a Reuters’ tweet that reported widely disrupted telecommunications and the killings of people in Bangladesh.
Representative McGovern emphasized the need for the government to protect the rights of its citizens, including the right to protest. He referred to the right to protest as a human right and called on the Bangladesh government to correct its course. “Countries cannot live in the past!” he states while sharing a New York Times tweet of a news report titled “Why deadly protests are roiling Bangladesh.”
View attachment 56088
Their statements come in response to the recent violent actions of the Bangladesh government against student protests demanding reforms to the quota system in government jobs. The ongoing violence has resulted in at least 110 deaths in the past few days, according to the Washington Post. The blackout of internet and telecommunication services has disconnected Bangladesh from the rest of the world, leaving people in other countries unable to know the status of their loved ones in the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back