Breaking: President Biden officially drops out of 2024 Presidential race, endorses Vice President Kamala Harris

She's very unlikable, and has strong -ve views on a lot of stuff like 2nd amendment rights etc that a lot of even moderate dems consider sacrosanct. Also a whole bunch of skeletons in her closet.

Expect Trump to go loco on her and hit her hard for her extreme left wing views.

She'll be the second woman he beats (electorally)

Fun times.

This is why I said this is not how election works.

The election is going to boil down to 7 swings state, it's never about base voter, they can't win an election from either party, the undecided in those 7 swings state will basically decide who is the next president. Because those 10,000 -20,000 votes here and there will flip a state and hand the presidency to whoever party they choose, and that's what Harris need to flip to her favor if she wants to win. Which mean at the end of the day, both party don't need to convince the base majority, GOP base will not vote for anyone but Trump, Dem base will not vote for anyone but Harris(?), which mean it's more important to score more and lose less in the independent voter, and none of them will just going to tow the party line, that's why they are independent undecided.

Trump can preach those "rapist Mexican" or ISIS terrorist to all he wanted, this works to consolidate Trump base, but then it won't touch those independent, they want a solution to deal with the illegal problem, not scare tactics, it might have worked on FL or TX where they were actually facing the blunt of the illegal immigrant, but they are always going to Trump regardless. The same tactics won't actually work in say MI or WI, where immigrant crime is virtually unheard of. Whatever Trump was running on, it just can't be "Biden is old and senile and he don't know what he was doing" anymore, it won't work because Biden is gone, they would need to come up with real solution to the problem to get those independent in those swing state to vote for him, not just the "other side is bad and I am better" argument.

Again, whether or not Harris is favourite to Black, Latino or Women? as I said numerous times before, I don't know. Her campaign had not started yet, if this is about policy then Trump will need to have a better topic than what he did when he was against Biden, Biden is gone, it doesn't really matter how people hated him, he won't be on the next Ticket. Just because someone who won't vote for Biden does not automatically mean they won't vote for Harris, that's only true if this is a GOP base. Which mean Harris is starting on a blank slate. How she run her campaign is the key to whether or not she will win, not whether or not Trump started those xenophobic remark.
I agree with some parts but disagree on others, lets agree to disagree... and wait and see how things unfold, but unrelated to the thread, how's life going ? any plans to visit Florida ?

I agree with some parts but disagree on others, lets agree to disagree... and wait and see how things unfold, but unrelated to the thread, how's life going ? any plans to visit Florida ?
I just resigned my job like 2 months ago, so I got nothing to do at the moment, I may actually move back to the US after this winter as I have a job offer from a DC based think tank, still talking it over with my wife to see if she wants to move as well and figuring out what to do.

But in general, I am all good. How about you?

I just resigned my job like 2 months ago, so I got nothing to do at the moment, I may actually move back to the US after this winter as I have a job offer from a DC based think tank, still talking it over with my wife to see if she wants to move as well and figuring out what to do.

But in general, I am all good. How about you?
Oh best of luck man, I hope everything works out for you however you wants it too..
Well my life is going, trying to live the American Dream, went to fishing first time ever at Skyway bridge St. Pete, then a bad storm hit and got stuck in the middle of it lol scary but thrilling experience I must say, one more thing off my bucket list.

Oh best of luck man, I hope everything works out for you however you wants it too..
Well my life is going, trying to live the American Dream, went to fishing first time ever at Skyway bridge St. Pete, then a bad storm hit and got stuck in the middle of it lol scary but thrilling experience I must say, one more thing off my bucket list.
I don't know man, the job was mine if I wanted, but life is never just about what I wanted. My wife is very unwilling to live in the US, even more so if the Trump won the November election and I too have some issue with it so if he is re-elected, you probably won't see me back in the US until 2029.

St Pete is a nice place this year around, been there a few times myself, but I probably prefer Key West than St Pete, but I do have friend lives in clearwater.

And lol, I have had my American Dream, and for me it's overrated, but don't let me spoil your experience lol.

I don't know man, the job was mine if I wanted, but life is never just about what I wanted. My wife is very unwilling to live in the US, even more so if the Trump won the November election and I too have some issue with it so if he is re-elected, you probably won't see me back in the US until 2029.

St Pete is a nice place this year around, been there a few times myself, but I probably prefer Key West than St Pete, but I do have friend lives in clearwater.

And lol, I have had my American Dream, and for me it's overrated, but don't let me spoil your experience lol.
I can understand the uncertainty is gripping me as well, even though I have Permanent residency until 2030, people are scared and worried, you can see it and once again FB friends are arguing, just like back in 2016 elections.

I like St.Pete compared to Tampa, I would prefer Tampa for more availability of Halal food and mosques, but St pete downtown/and many areas are better than Tampa, to some extend even better than clearwater. Key west is nice what i heard from people, I haven't been there yet but its definitely in my traveling list.

hey man, I am still kinda new here so lets see how that American dream turn out for me, Trying to become a Data Analytics, with the hope that someday will secure a full work from home or hybrid job so I can finally fulfill another dream of traveling the whole US coast to coast by road visiting every state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back