Chinese Naval Platform & PLAN discussions

Let’s bring this back to the topic: Type 052D.

The hull won’t change, VLS count will probably not change beyond the 64, at least not in PLAN service.

But considering the evolving threats, will China integrate an improved radar and mast setup? Perhaps a scaled down and less powerful version derived from the Type 055’s radar and mast.

Also, will the hanger be modified to carry two Z-20F helicopters?

Also, instead of using up the larger VLS to house medium range Sams (out to 50 km) will China add 8 small quad packed VLS (housing 32 missiles) on the raised platform, instead of the Type 1130 CIWS? Two smaller CIWS could placed amidships to retain a gun based defense, especially if the “clutter” could be removed and all associated sensors better integrated into the main mast. Keeping the FL-3000N, the ship would have up to a possible 120 air defense missiles in ranges of 400+ km (HQ-9C with active radar seeker), 160 km (HQ-16F with active radar seeker), 50 km (CAMM-ER equivalent) and 15 km (FL-3000N), plus two gun based CIWS and the main gun. A well layered air defense in that role. Possibly enough to take on 2-3 dozen Indian Brahmos in a salvo, which is also a threat to the PLAN in the form of Philippines Brahmos in the SCS.

This would free up the longer VLS for more land attack and anti ship cruise missiles (especially a low RCS equivalent to the western NSM) and Chinese equivalent to the ASROC.

A long range 3D radar could replace the yagi radar to give better long range dedicated search, if the main mast is not to be upgraded much.

Also, very important would be to see if the final variants of the Type 052D get IEP all electrical propulsion, and improvements to the funnels, to be more like the Type 055’s funnels, and lower the ship’s signatures. That would really help manage electrical power and make it more likely the ship will be able to house improved electronics in future upgrades.

Last edited:
It's your freedom not to choose CCP. Choose CCP, that's my freedom.

While I don't agree with your choice, I will defend your right to make it.

Likewise, I expect you to respect the right of others to choose.
😄😄😄

bro. I'm serious. can you tell me: when does the CCP give you the right to choose?

😄

It's not your choice,because you haven't had one ever since CCP won the civil war.

Let me remind you that CCP's opponent in the civil war was the KMT. the KMT's army was several times larger than CCP's, and it had US military aid and better training and equipment.

How did KMT lose the civil war if we hadn't chosen CCP and if CCP. didn't have the support of the people?

The logic of this question is like the Western media saying that the Taliban does not have the support of the Afghans. If the Taliban did not have the support of the Afghans, how did they survive the ongoing 20 years of U.S. repression and grow and eventually seize power? Anyone with a modicum of intelligence can tell exactly who is lying.

Let's be honest, you westerners know very well what CCP is capable of. You are afraid of its capabilities, so you want us to oppose it. But why would we oppose such a capable party? What you fear is exactly why we support it.

Last edited:
😄😄😄

bro. I'm serious. can you tell me: when does the CCP give you the right to choose?

😄
You think you don't have a choice, that's because more people have exercised theirs. They chose CCP.

When the NPC election comes around, you can go to the neighborhood council and vote to exercise your right to choose.

Obviously you are a supporter of KMT and Taiwan.

If you can beat the CCP supporters at the election, you win the right. If you lose, please respect more people's right to choose.

You think you don't have a choice, that's because more people have exercised theirs. They chose CCP.

When the NPC election comes around, you can go to the neighborhood council and vote to exercise your right to choose.

Obviously you are a supporter of KMT and Taiwan.

If you can beat the CCP supporters at the election, you win the right. If you lose, please respect more people's right to choose.
😄😄😄😄😄😄

bro, You mean that Xi Jinping got his 3rd term, you also voted for him. en?

I remember CCTV News proudly announced: Xi Jinping received 100% of the votes.

That 100% vote is laughing at every word you reply. 😄

Let's be honest, you westerners know very well what CCP is capable of. You are afraid of its capabilities, so you want us to oppose it. But why would we oppose such a capable party? What you fear is exactly why we support it.
Ok Commissar Yang.

Ok Commissar Yang.

lol, someone from Greece try to convince us we have bad government.... You get to elect some politician to run your country into bankruptcy, should I envy you?

You do realize you're hilarious right? Someone from a literal failed state trying to convince me that they actually have the better government?

Last edited:
😄😄😄

😄

I'd rather my country not run by clown popularity contest, I prefer competent meritocracy. If you like to participate in some clown popularity contest that gives you some illusion of choice then I suggest you to move elsewhere(Assuming you're an actual Chinese and not some pathetic Indians), don't pretend your view matters to the rest of us

Last edited:
Longer VLS tubes can enable the PLAN to “share” the Type 055’s radar and fire more capable missiles, similar to the US’s CEC: Cooperative Engagement Capability.

CEC has been featured in PLAN vessels for a long time, not just information shared between ships but also from airborne and spaceborne ISR, otherwise they can't fully utilize long range missiles like YJ-21. The most needed upgrade is actually quad pack missiles which is still lacking from current platform, it is known to be in development for quite some time now

lol, someone from Greece try to convince us we have bad government.... You get to elect some politician to run your country into bankruptcy, should I envy you?

You do realize you're hilarious right? Someone from a literal failed state trying to convince me that they actually have the better government?
You do realize that one of the main factors your State is succesful,as opposed to ours,is because of the cheap labor you provide? :)

And also the fact you have a huge country with the biggest or second biggest population?

And yet you talk about Greece and call us a failed State.

Back on topic,how do you think you are building such ships so fast? Because you masses of workers.

You do realize that one of the main factors your State is succesful,as opposed to ours,is because of the cheap labor you provide? :)

And also the fact you have a huge country with the biggest or second biggest population?

And yet you talk about Greece and call us a failed State.

Back on topic,how do you think you are building such ships so fast? Because you masses of workers.

So? Lots of countries have cheaper labor than China. In fact, judging by per capita GDP Greek labor is almost as cheap as China's now.

You should know your country better, do you think your economic problems can be solved by cheap labor? Your politicians keep trying to win popularity by promising higher and higher social spending to the point your entire country is living beyond your means and had to constantly beg for money from EU and beyond. China even loaned your country a couple billion dollars, I hope it is not wasted.

All this problem from the failure of democracy and you have the audacity to preach it to us? If you have the slightest bit of shame you should look toward your own country and try to solve your own problem in stead of pointing fingers at country way more successful than yours.

Last edited:
So? Lots of countries have cheaper labor than China. In fact, judging by per capita GDP Greek labor is almost as cheap as China's now.

You should know your country better, do you think your economic problems can be solved by cheap labor? Your politicians keep trying to win popularity by promising higher and higher social spending to the point your entire country is living beyond your means and had to constantly beg for money from EU and beyond. China even loaned your country a couple billion dollars, I hope it is not wasted.

All this problem from the failure of democracy and you have the audacity to preach it to us? If you have the slightest bit of shame you should look toward your own country and try to solve your own problem in stead of pointing fingers at country way more successful than yours.
Our politicians may be dumbfucks,but you think your politicians are better? At least we can elect. Can you get rid of the Party? Can any other political party take power?

Our politicians may be dumbfucks,but you think your politicians are better? At least we can elect. Can you get rid of the Party? Can any other political party take power?

Yes, I know for a fact our leaders are better. They're not politicians for starters, our system work on the principle of meritocracy.

If you think democracy is so great then you should answer the question of why you keep electing dumb fucks? I don't know about you but I'd rather not ruled by dumb fucks

I'm a staunch royalist.

huh, you keep harping about being able to elect blah blah blah and now you tell me you're a royalist? haha ok, I bid you good fortune then my excellency the great king of Greece

Users who are viewing this thread

Back