DefencePK needs you, here is how you can help us

Mr X

Elite Member
Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Hello,

So as you know we only have about 6 days left before the old PDF will be shut down. There is no guarantee of its final date but we assume we will no longer have access to it. I alongside my team have been working on compiling as much data as possible. That being the threads or saving the user accounts. We currently have a community of about 500 people who have successfully migrated to this new forum however as you probably know old PDF had about 230,000 registered accounts.

Thousands of members had accumulated 1000+ posts on the old PDF platform and we fear if we lose the access to Defence.PK we won't be able to confirm or match the digital footprint of users. This can lead to a lot of potential issues if the users decide to come back. I would like to request you guys to help us gather the details of as many members as possible by sharing their screenshot or by typing the following details in the post.

UsernameJoin DateNumber of PostsNumber of Likes
El Sidd05 April 20176761652818

I might know handful of people but if all of us work together and mention about 10 users. We could possibly save a list of about 5000 members.

Any alternative ideas will also be appreciated but please keep the discussion short and focused on the topic.

Thank you

Last edited:
Also the existing members, whose data have been updated please share the profile link of their PDF account in the following thread. Alternatively you can also share the screenshot which clearly states join date, number of posts and number of likes

So far about 400 accounts have been updated but we can save at least 5000 accounts.

Hello,

So as you know we only have about 6 days left before the old PDF will be shut down. There is no guarantee of its final date but we assume we will no longer have access to it. I alongside my team have been working on compiling as much data as possible. That being the threads or saving the user accounts. We currently have a community of about 500 people who have successfully migrated to this new forum however as you probably know old PDF had about 230,000 registered accounts.

Thousands of members had accumulated 1000+ posts on the old PDF platform and we fear if we lose the access to Defence.PK we won't be able to confirm or match the digital footprint of users. This can lead to a lot of potential issues if the users decide to come back. I would like to request you guys to help us gather the details of as many members as possible by sharing their screenshot or by typing the following details in the post.

UsernameJoin DateNumber of PostsNumber of Likes
El Sidd05 April 20176761652818

I might know handful of people but if all of us work together and mention about 10 users. We could possibly save a list of about 5000 members.

Any alternative ideas will also be appreciated but please keep the discussion short and focused on the topic.

Thank you

OK Sir .

Last edited:
hey Mods can you please ask the original webmaster in old site to unblock me in defence.pk site so i can tell you about my previous email id and other details

hey Mods can you please ask the original webmaster in old site to unblock me in defence.pk site so i can tell you about my previous email id and other details
All of your ID we’re merged here I believe so why worry about old PDF?

Is thread ko please off topic posts se kharab nahi karna. If you can help most welcome otherwise stay away

India Travel Thread

India food thread.

Be nice those can be bought here, They're in the central south asia and the members club at the old forum.

The migration process is too laborious.

Copy n paste individual posts.

I started but have given up. Simply not possible to migrate 14+ years of content in a few days manually.

In fact, since yesterday, the old site is taking ages to open.

Not meant to be. When needed, will find information from the same primary sources as before.

Sad.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
@Pakistani members

Could you write me a short list of known Pakistani members you know from PDF?

@Indian Members

Same for Indian members

@Chinese @Arabs @Bangladeshis @Turkish

@ everyone else

Trying to preserve the data as much as possible

@Pakistani members

Could you write me a short list of known Pakistani members you know from PDF?

@Indian Members

Same for Indian members

@Chinese @Arabs @Bangladeshis @Turkish

@ everyone else

Trying to preserve the data as much as possible

Hey - as an Admin on the old site - have you never had access to the database? ever ? a simple SQL sequery should give you logins, and associated email addresses ? If you had this, you could bulk create logins and preset password resets on first logins to the email addresses.

I am guessing you either never did, or no longer "can" ?

Pakistani:

I.R.A
Armstrong
Sipra
Indus Pakistan
Cliftonite
Taimikhan
Baibars

Bangladeshi:

Magra

Iranian:

Tokhme Khar
Abii
Shahin Vatani

Chinese:

Chinese Dragon

American:

S2

Indian:

Too many to count. Most absorbed in the various offshoot Indian forums, ranging from right of center hypocritically pretending to be centrist (Strategic Front) to manic paranoid far right (DFI).

May they all remain in peace. Fug them all.

Jai Hind. Jai Maharashtra.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
Indian:

Too many to count. Most absorbed in the various offshoot Indian forums, ranging from right of center hypocritically pretending to be centrist (Strategic Front) to manic paranoid far right (DFI).

May they all remain in peace. Fug them all.

Jai Hind. Jai Maharashtra.

Cheers, Doc

Lol that place is full of wackos, and that's just the mods. I remember when their photos were published on PDF it had to the most hilarious thread of all time.

Hey - as an Admin on the old site - have you never had access to the database? ever ? a simple SQL sequery should give you logins, and associated email addresses ? If you had this, you could bulk create logins and preset password resets on first logins to the email addresses.

I am guessing you either never did, or no longer "can" ?
It's complicated,

We have a long list of users but not the post count, join date or the reactions and we fear the data will be lost unless we save it soon. I am working on it alongside @Amaa'n

It's complicated,

We have a long list of users but not the post count, join date or the reactions and we fear the data will be lost unless we save it soon. I am working on it alongside @Amaa'n
1703543004537.png
Very complicated - all that brain dump gone to waste

Users who are viewing this thread

Back