Discussion: Assassination of Ismail Haniyeh in Tehran

last time was to send message, this time is to do damage

Whatever the message sent the last time, it was not obviously enough to prevent the death of Ismail Haniyeh, if the Iranian claims as to who did it are to be believed without any supporting evidence.

Let's see what this damage is going to be this time around too.

we are losing precious time because these morons are never prepared for anything that happens and need a long time to decide wtf to do

I am old enough to remember when Salami would brag that any act by Israel against Iran would lead to 10,000 missiles raining on Haifa and Tel Aviv immediately.

either this attack happens tomorrow night or we should forget about it and spare ourselves the embarrassment.

pressure on Khamenei from hardliners

normally I wouldn't say this but thank god for the hardliners. Khamenei has led Iran to a stupid path of making the destruction of Israel a core tenet of Iran's existence but wanting to avoid any form of conflict with Israel and also banning the production of nuclear weapons ...

'iran needs time to prepare for the next round and the consequences of its strike not just the strike itself'

well wtf have they been preparing for since April? the IRGC's main mission is to prepare for this war and yet they never ever seem in any way or shape prepared for it when it comes

identify suitable targets, add to target bank, identify methods/means of attacking them (the missiles, the missile bases, the timing, the trajectory, the order of attack, weaknesses in the defences to exploit, etc), and fuel the (solid fuel) missiles in advance so they are ready to go immediately

and pre-prepare responses depending on Israel's expected responses. e.g., if Israel responds by bombing an IRGC site and causes casualties, what's the next response, if Israel assassinates someone, if Israel hits energy sites but causes no casualties, etc. this is literally their job ...

After April Hajizadeh said they are waiting for another opportunity to use their missiles against Israel. looks like they were just waiting rather than preparing!

the ONLY excuse is if this attack is so large that it is almost guaranteed to start a war. anything short of that will not make sense.

'iran needs time to prepare for the next round and the consequences of its strike not just the strike itself'

well wtf have they been preparing for since April? the IRGC's main mission is to prepare for this war and yet they never ever seem in any way or shape prepared for it when it comes

identify suitable targets, add to target bank, identify methods/means of attacking them (the missiles, the missile bases, the timing, the trajectory, the order of attack, weaknesses in the defences to exploit, etc), and fuel the (solid fuel) missiles in advance so they are ready to go immediately

and pre-prepare responses depending on Israel's expected responses. e.g., if Israel responds by bombing an IRGC site and causes casualties, what's the next response, if Israel assassinates someone, if Israel hits energy sites but causes no casualties, etc. this is literally their job ...

After April Hajizadeh said they are waiting for another opportunity to use their missiles against Israel. looks like they were just waiting rather than preparing!

the ONLY excuse is if this attack is so large that it is almost guaranteed to start a war. anything short of that will not make sense.

This is what happens when you don’t have Solemani. Of course people here will tell you it’s “next guy up”, but that doesn’t always work with special types of people.

If Einstein died early in life would it be next guy up?

If Van Buren died would it be next guy up?

Michael Jordan?

Babe Ruth?

You get my point, there are some people who are just special and cannot be easily replaced.

Solemani played a cat and mouse game with Israel and had answers for everything during Syrian civil war when Israel would take advantage thigh he was not without flaws (T4 attack happened under his watch)

Ghani is a joke by comparison. Another vanilla general.

So yes I’m not surprised when we have two dinosaurs in Salami and Bagheri leading the charge.

This is the same squad that couldn’t find Raisi for an entire day.

Bagheri was talking to reporter during the funeral and the man has gotten so old I thought he was gonna pass out while speaking!

This is what happens when you don’t have Solemani. Of course people here will tell you it’s “next guy up”, but that doesn’t always work with special types of people.
I don't think this is a Soleimani issue. He was responsible for extraterritorial ops (Qods Force) not for IRGC-ASF. ASF is Hajizadeh's domain.

The wider point about the loss of important figures is probably true, albeit that history shows these assassinations do not lead to major strategic changes.

So yes I’m not surprised when we have two dinosaurs in Salami and Bagheri leading the charge.

This is the same squad that couldn’t find Raisi for an entire day.

Bagheri was talking to reporter during the funeral and the man has gotten so old I thought he was gonna pass out while speaking!
the fact they let Salami anywhere near these kinds of decisions is very concerning to me.

but even Hajizadeh and Bagheri have gone down in my estimations after their lies in April (about no damage and new equation). The rot is very deep, unfortunately.

How hard is it to have a data bank of targets and pre-selected 'menu' of strike options with pre-fuelled solid fuel missiles ready to fire as soon as the order is given? it reeks of indecision paralysis. unless the attack is so large that it leads to war, then extra prep time is understandable. otherwise, it will backfire like most things the IRI does.

You are worried about your drama? have a think about us ghareeb!

You evidently can penetrate western defenses, it’s been demonstrated repeatedly.

Our cheap hand me down watered down arsenal is totally untested and I bet you the suppliers have told us ‘khabardaar’ if you dare send even one over to Iran to stress test it against the Zionists

I bet yous money, this is da case.

Do you understand the gravity of this situation from our pov?

India is buying these Israeli defenses.

The astute amongst us are realizing the unsettling truth here.

we are losing precious time because these morons are never prepared for anything that happens and need a long time to decide wtf to do

I am old enough to remember when Salami would brag that any act by Israel against Iran would lead to 10,000 missiles raining on Haifa and Tel Aviv immediately.

either this attack happens tomorrow night or we should forget about it and spare ourselves the embarrassment.

pressure on Khamenei from hardliners

normally I wouldn't say this but thank god for the hardliners. Khamenei has led Iran to a stupid path of making the destruction of Israel a core tenet of Iran's existence but wanting to avoid any form of conflict with Israel and also banning the production of nuclear weapons ...
The problem is beyond firing the missiles

Most likely Israel will retaliate and it may start a war in the region. Iran is not fully ready to take both USA and Israel at the same time. The last thing Iran wants to see is 1000 missiles fired at Tehran in retaliation to another 300 fired by Iran.

It has to be a precise attack and the severity does not mean firing 300 missiles. They need to sit together and think about possible response which does not lead to war after the response is made.

It is easy to say “Fire” but the situation will be painful if in retaliation thousands of Iranian civilians are killed

Most likely Israel will retaliate and it may start a war in the region. Iran is not fully ready to take both USA and Israel at the same time. The last thing Iran wants to see is 1000 missiles fired at Tehran in retaliation to another 300 fired by Iran.

It has to be a precise attack and the severity does not mean firing 300 missiles. They need to sit together and think about possible response which does not lead to war after the response is made.

It is easy to say “Fire” but the situation will be painful if in retaliation thousands of Iranian civilians are killed
Yaar ager in haramion nu pharr ker maara ne iranio ne, saari Muslim dunya de bezti ho Jaani hae.

This is do or die now bro…..

Saaddi izzat da sawal hae ga.

Last edited:
Iran is not fully ready to take both USA and Israel at the same time. The last thing Iran wants to see is 1000 missiles fired at Tehran in retaliation to another 300 fired by Iran.
We are less ready now that US has fully mobilised their forces. 1000 missiles fired at Tehran in retaliation is more likely now than it was yesterday.

You cant shout death to Israel for 45 years and when Israel attacks, sit down and plan what to do because you never saw it coming. It's ridiculous really.

As I said above, if anyone pokes a sleeping bear in its bunghole with a stick, they should better have more than the stick to protect themselves when the bear comes after them. Just look at the present conflict as an example.

then take out their airforce… thats will cease any activity in the region for another 2-3 years

The Mossad enlisted Iranian security agents to plant explosives in the Tehran guesthouse where Hamas chief Ismail Haniyeh was staying, according to a report in the Telegraph.

The report says the initial plan called for assassinating Haniyeh when visited Tehran in May to attend the funeral of president Ebrahim Raisi, but two Iranian officials tell the newspaper the operation was called off due to the large number of people in the building and seeming high possibility of failure.

The British daily says the agents nevertheless went ahead and planted explosives in three rooms at the compound, and later left Iran. They reportedly detonated the bombs from abroad.

“They are now certain that Mossad hired agents from the Ansar al-Mahdi security unit,” an official in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps tells the newspaper, referring to a unit tasked with protecting senior officials.

Another IRGC official says: “It is a humiliation for Iran and a huge security breach.”

“It’s still a question for everyone how this happened, I can’t understand it. There must be something higher in the hierarchy that no one knows about,” the official adds.

The Mossad enlisted Iranian security agents to plant explosives in the Tehran guesthouse where Hamas chief Ismail Haniyeh was staying, according to a report in the Telegraph.

The report says the initial plan called for assassinating Haniyeh when visited Tehran in May to attend the funeral of president Ebrahim Raisi, but two Iranian officials tell the newspaper the operation was called off due to the large number of people in the building and seeming high possibility of failure.

The British daily says the agents nevertheless went ahead and planted explosives in three rooms at the compound, and later left Iran. They reportedly detonated the bombs from abroad.

“They are now certain that Mossad hired agents from the Ansar al-Mahdi security unit,” an official in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps tells the newspaper, referring to a unit tasked with protecting senior officials.

Another IRGC official says: “It is a humiliation for Iran and a huge security breach.”

“It’s still a question for everyone how this happened, I can’t understand it. There must be something higher in the hierarchy that no one knows about,” the official adds.

Idk, this reads like Israeli propaganda

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back