Discussion: Assassination of Ismail Haniyeh in Tehran

decisions are ultimately made at the SNSC level, should not be that hard to decide

postponing by a full week just means the strike will be harder to execute / Iran will have to dedicate more missiles to be sure of success, which increases the risk of escalation. undesirable in many ways.
Haniyeh was not a military man like Soleimani or a nuclear scientist. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but by killing Haniyeh in Tehran, Israel has sent a message that no politician inside Iran is safe. I think politicians in Iran has become anxious and to deter Israel from killing them in the future, there is a huge pressure to launch an enormous attack, regardless of how Israel/US might respond.

Knowing such an attack has a high chance of escalating into a full war, maybe that’s why the military is so indecisive.

Last edited:
The only thing I can say is that if Iran, even at this point, were to make another superficial counter-attack, Israel will definitely target the President and Ayatollah Khamenei this time. The assassination will be carried out smoothly and Iran will fall into chaos, and a pro-American regime will surely be established. I think this is Iran's last chance to protect its independence.

A nuclear hot test is the best option for Iran at this time. They have good enough justification for it now, and it would deter Israel from any future aggression. Otherwise, expect attacks on Iranian nuclear facilities and other crucial targets by Israel soon and a full flagged attack on Hezbollah.

The only thing I can say is that if Iran, even at this point, were to make another superficial counter-attack, Israel will definitely target the President and Ayatollah Khamenei this time. The assassination will be carried out smoothly and Iran will fall into chaos, and a pro-American regime will surely be established. I think this is Iran's last chance to protect its independence.

I don't think the Americans actively want it, but yes, I think this might happen.

Haniyeh was not a military man like Soleimani or a nuclear scientist. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but by killing Haniyeh in Tehran, Israel has sent a message that no politician inside Iran is safe. I think politicians in Iran has become anxious and to deter Israel from killing them in the future, there is a huge pressure to launch an enormous attack, regardless of how Israel/US might respond.

Knowing such an attack has a high chance of escalating into a full war, maybe that’s why the military is so indecisive.

Why should a powerful strike that actually hurts the entity start a full-scale war?

In fact it will have the opposite effect of frightening the entity from carrying out assassinations of high-profile people in the future.

Remember it is Iran that holds the cards as its people are indigenous and native to the land they live in, unlike most of the Jewish settlers in Palestine. Iran also has 10 times the population of the entity.

Forget about US getting actively involved in a shooting-match on the side of the entity as they know then that will be the end of their presence in the ME.

Last edited:
Why should a powerful strike that actually hurts the entity start a full-scale war?

In fact it will have the opposite effect of frightening the entity from carrying out assassinations of high-profile people in the future.

Remember it is Iran that holds the cards as its people are indigenous and native to the land they live in, unlike most of the Jewish settlers in Palestine. Iran also has 10 times the population of the entity.

Forget about US getting actively involved in a shooting-match with the entity as they know then that will be the end of their presence in the ME.
Can you say for certain that it won’t? I guess, for some it’s only a matter of staying in power, some has nowhere to escape to in case everything goes south. For some it’s about protecting 90 million Iranians from mass slaughter.

Sorry but I find the news below to be more believable than the projectile attack version.

Are you aware that everytime a Zionist opens their mouths or writes anything then it is a pack of lies?

If IRGC says it is a projectile(missile/drone) that was fired from outside the building with a 7kg warghead then that it what it is.

Another zionist stooge sent to iran… Iran should remember that the same Jordanian stooges let israel know about yom kepur (ramadan war) 1973, by revealing syrian egyptian plan to them they are the lowest of the lowest scums in arab world
Why are we even letting him in after what happened last time?

Can you say for certain that it won’t? I guess, for some it’s only a matter of staying in power, some has nowhere to escape to in case everything goes south. For some it’s about protecting 90 million Iranians from mass slaughter.

Cannot disagree if some in Iran do not want to theoretically risk full-scale war.

Iran still has another 5-10 years before it reaches its full potential in terms of military strength and strategic geopolitical environment and so waiting seems logical.

However the entity has laid an open challenge to Iran in assassinating the most important guest that Iran could have hosted in the very capital Tehran at this time.

Iran cannot but send a powerful and painful strike as a response as otherwise it may as well not bother. If what happened in April is repeated, then it would be pointless and actually reduce Iran's deterrence.

May be not indecisive but they want to reassess their readiness, conceal them, move them to new attack positions, cover the gaps, etc. If a decision was made to respond to this unacceptable Israeli provocation, the Iranian military doesn't need to rush it. And when the moment comes, they should deliver a crippling military response.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back