• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Egyptian Armed Forces

The SC

INT'L MOD
Feb 13, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Document leaked from the Israeli Ministry of Intelligence in October 2023.

It indicates that the forced displacement of the population of Gharra to Egypt will achieve “positive and long-term strategic results.”

The advisory document outlines a three-stage process: establishing tent cities in Sinai, opening a humanitarian corridor, and building cities in North Sinai without return.

* Sissi was right all the way!

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
* Sissi was right all the way!

Of course. Like you and I have been saying all along, the man is brilliant and doesn't get the credit he deserves due to his ascension to the presidency and the way he & Tantawi realized the dangers that Morsi represented and that there was no way Egypt was going to make it to the next elections. They obviously realized other critical dangers, but we won't get into those now.

Speaking of Sisi, what do you know about the actual details in Egypt's signing of the CISMOA? Precisely the specific details that were agreed on that worked in the US' favor AND particularly the ones that were conditional to Egypt.

Let me know what you know, SC, even @Parallel_Politics I'd like to find out what you know also as well as @Sami_1 & @Ghostkiller.

Here's the reason I ask; I've recently 'discovered' that apparently signing the agreement for the interoperability communications integration & access to it was the main requisite for the US and in return, Egypt was not signing the cooperation conditions which basically allowing access to Egyptian military bases and full US inspections etc. because of Egypt's fundamental decree that it would never give up any portion of its sovereignty.

But here's the best part of this new information I just discovered (which BTW, shouldn't be much of a surprise TBH just hadn't heard of anything of the sort before and the extent of the particulars) is that the additional conditions by Egypt to no US access to Egyptian bases, the US would agree to the supply of an undisclosed number of F-16V upgrades to the blk 40 + 52 F-16s, 600 AMRAAMs AND an additional 1,400 M1A2SEPv3 tanks to be assembled at Helwan Factory 200. Sounds pretty wild, right?

Apparently, it's not much of a secret since everyone knows what the levels of downgraded US-supplied weapons to Egypt are, and the obvious reason behind all that. But despite the QMA and its extension in CISMOA with the restriction in transferring any "sensitive & advanced technology to 3rd parties, Egypt was finally making a push to end the restrictions & downgraded weapons by agreeing to the "interoperability" conditions. Those would give the US plenty of authority to inspect and see for themselves that conditions are being met, at the same time they wouldn't be an infringement on the importance of Egypt's sovereignty since there is no access to any bases, but the best part is in return, Egypt would be able to negotiate those 3 advanced weapons systems. Sounds pretty fair.
The signing was done in 2017 which then immediately allowed for the detailed negotiation to begin in earnest by 2018 for the 3 weapons systems and that didn't get off on a good foot whatsoever! It dragged on to the point where a little over a year later while the US had completely ignored Egypt's demands to negotiate those systems, Sisi made the decision along with the MoD (and since they had already signed & received the Rafales but especially the MiG-29M/M2s) that Egypt would start looking somewhere else. That's where the contract for the 30 Su-35Ss initially came from. That finally got the US' attention, and we all know quite well how that shaped out to be. It actually makes a lot of sense, especially the 3 weapons systems but particularly the Viper upgrade & the 600 AMRAAMs.

So the problem now is that the signing of the conditional CISMOA was due to be agreed in full within a particular timeframe and while the US hasn't been receptive to Egypt's conditions, and has also ruined the Su-35 contract under threats of CAATSA (after Egypt most likely paid close to a $1 billion for them), and is still even dilly dallying about the exchange platforms (F-15s for the Su-35s), it is highly likely that Egypt will cancel & revoke the CISMOA.

This is fascinating stuff to me. Wonder what you fellas think about it?

1720053174097.png

Jan 19, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Of course. Like you and I have been saying all along, the man is brilliant and doesn't get the credit he deserves due to his ascension to the presidency and the way he & Tantawi realized the dangers that Morsi represented and that there was no way Egypt was going to make it to the next elections. They obviously realized other critical dangers, but we won't get into those now.

Speaking of Sisi, what do you know about the actual details in Egypt's signing of the CISMOA? Precisely the specific details that were agreed on that worked in the US' favor AND particularly the ones that were conditional to Egypt.

Let me know what you know, SC, even @Parallel_Politics I'd like to find out what you know also as well as @Sami_1 & @Ghostkiller.

Here's the reason I ask; I've recently 'discovered' that apparently signing the agreement for the interoperability communications integration & access to it was the main requisite for the US and in return, Egypt was not signing the cooperation conditions which basically allowing access to Egyptian military bases and full US inspections etc. because of Egypt's fundamental decree that it would never give up any portion of its sovereignty.

But here's the best part of this new information I just discovered (which BTW, shouldn't be much of a surprise TBH just hadn't heard of anything of the sort before and the extent of the particulars) is that the additional conditions by Egypt to no US access to Egyptian bases, the US would agree to the supply of an undisclosed number of F-16V upgrades to the blk 40 + 52 F-16s, 600 AMRAAMs AND an additional 1,400 M1A2SEPv3 tanks to be assembled at Helwan Factory 200. Sounds pretty wild, right?

Apparently, it's not much of a secret since everyone knows what the levels of downgraded US-supplied weapons to Egypt are, and the obvious reason behind all that. But despite the QMA and its extension in CISMOA with the restriction in transferring any "sensitive & advanced technology to 3rd parties, Egypt was finally making a push to end the restrictions & downgraded weapons by agreeing to the "interoperability" conditions. Those would give the US plenty of authority to inspect and see for themselves that conditions are being met, at the same time they wouldn't be an infringement on the importance of Egypt's sovereignty since there is no access to any bases, but the best part is in return, Egypt would be able to negotiate those 3 advanced weapons systems. Sounds pretty fair.
The signing was done in 2017 which then immediately allowed for the detailed negotiation to begin in earnest by 2018 for the 3 weapons systems and that didn't get off on a good foot whatsoever! It dragged on to the point where a little over a year later while the US had completely ignored Egypt's demands to negotiate those systems, Sisi made the decision along with the MoD (and since they had already signed & received the Rafales but especially the MiG-29M/M2s) that Egypt would start looking somewhere else. That's where the contract for the 30 Su-35Ss initially came from. That finally got the US' attention, and we all know quite well how that shaped out to be. It actually makes a lot of sense, especially the 3 weapons systems but particularly the Viper upgrade & the 600 AMRAAMs.

So the problem now is that the signing of the conditional CISMOA was due to be agreed in full within a particular timeframe and while the US hasn't been receptive to Egypt's conditions, and has also ruined the Su-35 contract under threats of CAATSA (after Egypt most likely paid close to a $1 billion for them), and is still even dilly dallying about the exchange platforms (F-15s for the Su-35s), it is highly likely that Egypt will cancel & revoke the CISMOA.

View attachment 53197
That is very interesting! What are your sources though? Don't go all Sami on us lmao

The SC

INT'L MOD
Feb 13, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

View attachment 53197
US @CENTCOM Commander Gen. Votel: "In January 2018, we celebrated the successful signing of the bilateral Communications Interoperability and Security Memorandum of Agreement (CIS MOA), crowning over thirty years of effort to enhance security and counterterrorism cooperation."

@EgyptEmbassyUSA

CISMOA Agreement..
This agreement was known as “an American security agreement that requires the signatory countries to have many facilities, including the ability to inspect their weapons at any time, in addition to facilities inside the ports and other facilities for air transit, and many things that are considered a violation of this country’s sovereignty.”

Of course, this is nonsense. Rather, these people do not know that the United States has more than one bilateral agreement that gives countries the choice to choose one of them, and this is an official protocol followed in the United States of America in bilateral relations, for example.

- CISMOA
- BECA
- LSA

These three agreements in particular are considered essential in any bilateral relationship

However, to take the strategic / defense ties to next level, US pushes it allies to be to sign three agreements viz. CISMOA, LSA and BECA. These agreements are so called “Foundational Agreements” which are separate than DTTI..

Also from these agreements

- DTTI
- COMSEC
- INFOSEC

Returning to the original definition of this agreement, we find that it concerns data exchange or joint operation and is considered a type of American endeavor to ensure the preservation of advanced technology so that the technology is not leaked to China or Russia, for example.

Note the definition of the LSA agreement, for example..

LSA refers to Logistics Support Agreement. This agreement would enable mutual exchange of logistics support, supplies and services (LSSS) between the defense forces of both countries

Here is the definition of the BECA agreement..

BECA refers to Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement for Geo-spatial Cooperation. This agreement would facilitate exchange of geospatial information between India and United States for both military and civilian use. Advantages for India United States calls these agreements as “foundational” in terms of cooperation of defense or sensitive technologies. US argues that these would enable technology transfer, logistics and seamless communication between military systems of the two countries..

Not sure if Egypt signed all what was mentioned above.. but even though.. the QME is still more powerful.. as it is the main priority for the US in the region..

The SC

INT'L MOD
Feb 13, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Egypt needs a large number of new anti-submarine helicopters to operate on board the “Mistral” helicopter carriers and on board the new naval vessels like the “Gowind” corvettes and the “Fremm Bergamini” and the “Meko” frigates.

Egypt showed interest in the French anti-submarine helicopter “NH-90”, but its high price and operating cost prompted Egypt to take the Italian helicopter into consideration as a less expensive alternative.

1720075947265.jpeg

In late 2018, the Italian company “Leonardo” issued a plan to export “AW-159” anti-submarine helicopters to foreign customers.

AW-159 Wildcat Anti-Submarine Warfare Helicopter​

It is worth noting that the helicopter has excellent equipment and armament and a low cost of operation and maintenance.

Anti-submarine helicopter
"AW-159"
Egypt

Ghostkiller

Dec 17, 2023
Egypt needs a large number of new anti-submarine helicopters to operate on board the “Mistral” helicopter carriers and on board the new naval vessels like the “Gowind” corvettes and the “Fremm Bergamini” and the “Meko” frigates.

Egypt showed interest in the French anti-submarine helicopter “NH-90”, but its high price and operating cost prompted Egypt to take the Italian helicopter into consideration as a less expensive alternative.

In late 2018, the Italian company “Leonardo” issued a plan to export “AW-159” anti-submarine helicopters to foreign customers.

AW-159 Wildcat Anti-Submarine Warfare Helicopter​

It is worth noting that the helicopter has excellent equipment and armament and a low cost of operation and maintenance.

Anti-submarine helicopter
"AW-159"
Egypt

We should not go to the NH90. It has a lot of problems and even Norway and Australia retired them because of malfunctioning

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
That is very interesting! What are your sources though? Don't go all Sami on us lmao

Hahaha, so it sounds like you probably hadn't heard anything either, about the 3 specific requests for the unknow number of Block 40+52 F-16s upgrades to Viper with an order of 600 AMRAAMs and the 1,400 M1A2SEPv3 assembly contract in Egypt? That's what I'm trying to find out if any of you fine fellas ever heard of such specifics, and they make A LOT of sense that those would be what Sisi & co. would request.

Everyone knows the EAF actually loves their F-16s and even have taken exceptional care of them. We all saw the original block 15 B models that they still fly when they conducted exercise Agile Pheonix with the US. 4 of them at a time were photographed and they had ordered a total of 8 back in 1982 along with 32 A's.

This well-known pic is one of the B models and was taken during Bright Star 1983.

1720102116215.png

This is the 4 of them from Agile Pheonix June 28, 2022, almost exactly 2 years ago this week. That's 42 years so we know they're still flying at least 4 of them out of the 8.

1720098435417.png

1720098555307.png

That's a great testament to the upkeep & maintenance of the EAF and of course, we all know how the entire outside world disses these things just because they don't have AMRAAMs and all of that. It makes sense that they would want those specific Viper & AMRAAM upgrades/orders and finally join the vaunted, AIM-120 BVR Royalty Family "click" and if not for the technical aspect of the upgrade in lethality, just to shut everyone up would be enough of a benefit! So those two requests seem quite valid that they would be made.

We all know the army is looking for new tanks (T-90MS, K2) and with putting all the T-54s/55s/62s in storage and most likely looking to retire the M60s while likely keeping the M60A3s (the latter being the improved version and they seem to like & use them a lot) and they're about half of the total number of 3000 M60 tanks in inventory, it would make total sense to replace those by adding an additional 1400 M1A2SEPv3s at the same time strengthen the entire Abrams fleet. Makes a ton of sense. With their recent interest in the T-90MS & K2 along with the Su-35S it seems like Sisi is letting the American know there are other options, and he will seek them if the US doesn't start playing ball.

I'll post the source once I get better confirmation. I don't feel comfortable giving it out just yet since I really don't know the validity of the details which is why I asked if anyone had heard of those specific requests since they make total sense like I just explained.

Suffice it to say, it does come from a rather interesting individual on social media who I still don't know if he's connected or just a grunt like all of us. But I'm looking into it and will certainly let you all you fine fellas know when I find out.

And from what I only know so far, he a British/Egyptian but from reading some of his rather interesting postings and interactions online, he gives the impression that he has either some level of "inside knowledge", at least on either some diplomatic level of some kind or just on a personal level. I might also be reading too much into all of it of course. But him revealing those specific items & numbers makes me wonder if there is any truth to it all because of not only how fascinating they are, but how they make complete sense.

Last edited:

The SC

INT'L MOD
Feb 13, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Hahaha, so it sounds like you probably hadn't heard anything either, about the 3 specific requests for the unknow number of Block 40+52 F-16s upgrades to Viper with an order of 600 AMRAAMs and the 1,400 M1A2SEPv3 assembly contract in Egypt? That's what I'm trying to find out if any of you fine fellas ever heard of such specifics, and they make A LOT of sense that those would be what Sisi & co. would request.

Everyone knows the EAF actually loves their F-16s and even have taken exceptional care of them. We all saw the original block 15 B models that they still fly when they conducted exercise Agile Pheonix with the US. 4 of them at a time were photographed and they had ordered a total of 8 back in 1982 along with 32 A's.

This well-known pic is one of the B models and was taken during Bright Star 1983.

View attachment 53313

This is the 4 of them from Agile Pheonix June 28, 2022, almost exactly 2 years ago this week. That's 42 years so we know they're still flying at least 4 of them out of the 8.

View attachment 53301
View attachment 53302

That's a great testament to the upkeep & maintenance of the EAF and of course, we all know how the entire outside world disses these things just because they don't have AMRAAMs and all of that. It makes sense that they would want those specific Viper & AMRAAM upgrades/orders and finally join the vaunted, AIM-120 BVR Royalty Family "click" and if not for the technical aspect of the upgrade in lethality, just to shut everyone up would be enough of a benefit! So those two requests seem quite valid that they would be made.

We all know the army is looking for new tanks (T-90MS, K2) and with putting all the T-54s/55s/62s in storage and most likely looking to retire the M60s while likely keeping the M60A3s (the latter being the improved version and they seem to like & use them a lot) and they're about half of the total number of 3000 M60 tanks in inventory, it would make total sense to replace those by adding an additional 1400 M1A2SEPv3s at the same time strengthen the entire Abrams fleet. Makes a ton of sense. With their recent interest in the T-90MS & K2 along with the Su-35S it seems like Sisi is letting the American know there are other options, and he will seek them if the US doesn't start playing ball.

I'll post the source once I get better confirmation. I don't feel comfortable giving it out just yet since I really don't know the validity of the details which is why I asked if anyone had heard of those specific requests since they make total sense like I just explained.

Suffice it to say, it does come from a rather interesting individual on social media who I still don't know if he's connected or just a grunt like all of us. But I'm looking into it and will certainly let you all you fine fellas know when I find out.

And from what I only know so far, he a British/Egyptian but from reading some of his rather interesting postings and interactions online, he gives the impression that he has either some level of "inside knowledge", at least on either some diplomatic level of some kind or just on a personal level. I might also be reading too much into all of it of course. But him revealing those specific items & numbers makes me wonder if there is any truth to it all because of not only how fascinating they are, but how they make complete sense.
Specific..no..but there was definitely talk about upgrades of EAF F-16s..do you remember we've discussed their upgrade in Greece?

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Specific..no..but there was definitely talk about upgrades of EAF F-16s..do you remember we've discussed their upgrade in Greece?

Yes, absolutely and the HAF has opted for the Viper upgrade so that adds even more credibility to this fella's comments on those specific details.

Jan 19, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

View attachment 53313

View attachment 53301
View attachment 53302

Waaaaaiiitttt.... You're talking about Viktor! Yeah he gives off the impression that he knows a lot of stuff. I don't agree with everything he says, but I am definitely interested in his point of view on issues.

First off, a small correction: He was talking about the M1A2 SEPv3 KITS, not entirely new tanks. Since the army has already around 1,400 M1 Abrams tanks, these kits would be to upgrade current stock.

I remember that another issue was that the Egyptian military insists on transfer of tech and that tanks be upgraded in-country. I believe that the army looking into the K2 may partly have to do with upgrading its existing Abrams fleet since the K2 is, in Lehman's terms, an M1 on steroids. I still firmly believe that the army ought to localize production of the T-90 tank. We have massive stocks of T-55's and T-62's that need replacement and the T-90 would be a fantastic choice.

When it comes to the F-16's, the number of AMRAAMS discussed would be the bare minimum. Even if they do agree on the AMRAAMS, the army would most likely ask for the C8 or D variants as others are become less effective. Also, it's hard seeing the US releasing relevant offensive weapons like the JSOW or the JASSM to the EAF.

It's difficult to believe that the military would just simply retire over 200 fighter jets in excellent condition if the US does not provide the Viper upgrade. A compromise could be the Korean upgrade program (like the K2). In a worst-case scenario, there would need to be third-party acquisitions or domestic development of an AESA radar without US consent. However, this would have major repercussions as you can imagine. There is already a high probability that the EAF uses adapter pylons to integrate foreign munitions on them.

The F-15 will most likely never be integrated in the air force. The production schedule alone is a nightmare. The only conceivable scenario would be to transfer some of the planes from US stock, but those are too old. We would once again run into the issue of quality and quantity of ammunition. This, among other reasons, is why I believe that Egypt will still get the Su-35 should political and economic circumstances permit.

These upgrades would certainly bolster the Egyptian army's capabilities, but they would not eliminate the need for more acquisitions from countries like France and Russia. The army is aggressively pursuing the domestic production of the Rafale (which is exciting but also bittersweet considering our history with the Mirage 2000) and that will not be going away. We still need many Russian platforms to complement existing stocks and introduce new capabilities.

All in all, very interesting to think about!

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Waaaaaiiitttt.... You're talking about Viktor! Yeah he gives off the impression that he knows a lot of stuff. I don't agree with everything he says, but I am definitely interested in his point of view on issues.

lol, I knew if I gave just enough hints, someone would pick up on who it was.

Yeah his opinions might be a bit questionable, but what caught my interest was the way he spoke about those three items was as if they were fact, a done deal as if they were the exact requests from Egypt. That's what was interesting to me since I never heard of those exact requests and if they were somehow known, it would've most certainly leaked out either on FB or on any of the Arab forums or even with our illustrious friends on YouTube. But there was NOTHING with such details.

The other somewhat convincing part was that it was just a matter of whether the US would agree to them or not and that it had been 6 years, and nothing had been done by the US and so Egypt would rescind or revoke its signing of CISMOA.

And you're right about the SEPv3 kits. It wasn't a local production thing, just the kit upgrade would be performed at Helwan. That just eliminates my association theory with the M60s but everything else sticks.

BTW, this is the way he worded it, you tell me how you perceive a comment like this.

"l've brought up the Egyptian F16V issue to so many ppl that they might approve the ~200 F16V & ~600 AMRAAM deal just to silence my endless complaining I also expect the 1,400 M1A2SEPv3 kits or CISMOA is likely over b/c there’s no point in it."

LOL! He brought up the Egyptian F16V issue to so many ppl that they might approve all three items? lol, that's either someone who's a member of the Egyptian lobby in Washington or some dude just joking around about some conversation he was having with someone in the US government or just delusions of grandeur LOL!

He also did post a short video clip he took from his hotel room in Washington DC of Anthony Blinken's motorcade zipping by. So he's telling us he is in Washington. Put all that together and.....?

Sami_1

Dec 21, 2023
aed27ee9-272a-41bc-a4b6-6ae60c052bc4_d4d1136d.jpg

Some people do not understand important matters for Egyptians

They will never accept the upgrade of weapons that extend their service life for several years and that spending on the upgrade program is high in Cost
Egypt developed the MIG-21 aircraft In Ukraine, approximately 600 missiles were fired R-73 equivalent $2 million per aircraft

Egypt developed MIRAGE-5 aircraft at a cost of $5 million per aircraft
Egypt carried out some simple challenges to the Mirage 2000 fighters via Italy and Greece at a very low cost not exceeding 10 million dollars and a limited number of DAMOCLES targeting pod .

What do we understand from this? Egypt prefers limited developments to weapons only, incorporating newer ammunition and upgrades that may include radar if its cost is low. Instead of expensive modernization, it buys new fighters. Egypt requested them in the F-16 aircraft, which was the new APG-83 radar.
At a price not exceeding $3.5 million and producing ammunition locally, the United States considers the F-16 fighter development market an opportunity to make huge amounts of money.

There are also other factors that are disrupting Greece's F-16 development program, and its F-16 development program is suffering from delays due to the lack of international personnel. To this day, the total number of F-16 fighters that have been developed is
Not more than 20 fighters
FrhJ46cXsAElEg8131.png

Israeli sources updated the Egyptian Air Force development program, which includes 50 new aircraft at a price of $40 million for each aircraft. It was not announced that the contract was concluded, but there are indications that Egypt is not pressuring to buy new fighters or put them on the spot, whether F-15 fighters or EURO FIGHTER TYPHOON .
Rather, the new European leaderships do not want to contract with Egypt for more weapons. Egypt’s goal is to extend the life of the F-16 fighters and add a new ammunition package. The Russian and American air weapons’ main ammunition is guided bombs with a range of 70-80 kilometers, and this is in fact Egypt has developed local bombs with this range, unlike conventional ones. There are solutions for air-to-air missiles, but they are not announced

What applies to fighters applies to M1A1 tanks. Egypt will not develop 1,360 tanks at a cost approaching half a new tank.
The price of the T-90MS tank is 4.5 million dollars, and in the case of local manufacture, the price, or even purchased in rubles, its price does not exceed 2.5 million dollars.
One million dollars for the Egyptian ground forces to integrate western and eastern tanks into one as organic armament in the armored divisions and mechanized infantry so
huge-1.jpg

Egypt will not spend a lot on modernizing old weapons to extend their range as long as there are better alternatives

Since Egypt is working on local production of APS systems and even a fire management system for tanks and armored vehicles, in any case, all countries are working on developing electronic warfare systems to confront suicide drones and are working to integrate them with tanks and heavy armor.

This will lead to Egypt developing a complete combat tower as a next stage for tanks that can be used to develop older tanks at a low cost, so the American side fails to obtain any Egyptian contracts.

The most important American product Egypt wanted was the CH-47F for transport, and to a lesser extent, the use of American aid in obtaining C-130J aircraft to replace the DHC-5D aircraft in the Egyptian Air Force.

Instead of developing 140 F-16 aircraft, they should be satisfied with simplified upgrades and purchase a full batch of the newer J-10CE or MIG-35 fighters.

Negotiations with the Korean side were always related to obtaining technologies for the local development of fighters and tanks. Price negotiations with kerosene are also what disrupts contracts. The United States does not actually want to develop Egypt’s relations with any Western countries or follow America’s orbit to obtain advanced weapons, and this is reflected on the American side because Egypt, if it does not find technology from the western side, will look to the eastern side, in addition to transferring the technology by leaking it unofficially. Egypt's problems are essentially a lack of reliance on local development and scientific research.

Does Egypt need a K2 tank? It would be a very bad choice
Why doesn't Egypt develop a new tank chassis derived from the M1A1 tank chassis? India itself, the national production of the T-90 tank, has purchased armoring technologies from South Korea and integrated them into the Indian T-90 tanks.

We come to the advanced training plane, the long negotiations with the Koreans and the provision of other serious alternatives to Korea, whether LCA or L-15, for which China has provided the AESA radar and will begin commercial promotion of it soon, and even the Turkish offers, for which Turkey is looking for MEGA DEAL deals with Egypt to double the trade exchange in exchange for transferring Technology for a wide range of weapons is an area of great pressure on the Korean and European sides

One of the problems of Egyptian military thought is that it relies on armament plans every five years, with reviews and updates every three years, which also prevents military spending on long-term programs such as a modern fighter program or a good tank. Also, there is a lack of interest in real manufacturing, far from propaganda and failed promotion that only convinces. Fairly educated people or those who are ignorant of the truth of what is taught in the kitchen have an understanding that they are looking for what will bring them things in strategic goods, contracting and land sales, which is easier than industrial development programs if they are national and advanced in technology that develops Egypt.

Egypt should have developed comprehensive tank towers to develop serviceable tanks, whether T-62/72.
Or M60, develop locally and spend on it well, simply because it will be less expensive than production with a license from any country. You are not looking to encourage and create a local development base, and this is one of the causes of the national economic crises.

For example, if Egypt developed a national AESA radar and integrated it into Egyptian fighters, and this is what we proposed, cooperation with India to develop an AESA radar that would be included in Eastern and Western fighters, would reduce the cost and spread it widely on fighters. Some would say that the West would not allow you to use the Egyptian F-16 and MIRAGE-2000 fighters. It is considered old and does not represent a large share of the American development program. Egypt worked on extending the chassis and engines of the F-16 fighters to 12,000 flight hours, which was what was required of the Americans. Anything else comes from other sources.

Ammunition solutions: Adding several other fighter squadrons representing larger numbers of Rafales, such as the Russian and Chinese fighters we mentioned, will come with a new ammunition package that is parallel to what the Americans have.

Jan 19, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
lol, I knew if I gave just enough hints, someone would pick up on who it was.

Yeah his opinions might be a bit questionable, but what caught my interest was the way he spoke about those three items was as if they were fact, a done deal as if they were the exact requests from Egypt. That's what was interesting to me since I never heard of those exact requests and if they were somehow known, it would've most certainly leaked out either on FB or on any of the Arab forums or even with our illustrious friends on YouTube. But there was NOTHING with such details.

The other somewhat convincing part was that it was just a matter of whether the US would agree to them or not and that it had been 6 years, and nothing had been done by the US and so Egypt would rescind or revoke its signing of CISMOA.

And you're right about the SEPv3 kits. It wasn't a local production thing, just the kit upgrade would be performed at Helwan. That just eliminates my association theory with the M60s but everything else sticks.

BTW, this is the way he worded it, you tell me how you perceive a comment like this.

"l've brought up the Egyptian F16V issue to so many ppl that they might approve the ~200 F16V & ~600 AMRAAM deal just to silence my endless complaining I also expect the 1,400 M1A2SEPv3 kits or CISMOA is likely over b/c there’s no point in it."

LOL! He brought up the Egyptian F16V issue to so many ppl that they might approve all three items? lol, that's either someone who's a member of the Egyptian lobby in Washington or some dude just joking around about some conversation he was having with someone in the US government or just delusions of grandeur LOL!

He also did post a short video clip he took from his hotel room in Washington DC of Anthony Blinken's motorcade zipping by. So he's telling us he is in Washington. Put all that together and.....?
I think he mentioned he is 23 or 24 years old so likely not a big shot. I'm pretty sure he was joking around when he said they'd do it to silence his complaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts