Gaza-Israel Conflict | 2023-2024

Ceasefire talks hosted by Qatar, US and UAE have come to a complete halt. - Al Jazeera.
The Gazans have the upper hand!!
Reportedly if Israel tries to take the Rafah crossing from Egypt it will be a violation of Egyptian sovereignty and their treaty.
The thing is, Egypt had been already in violation of previous agreements with Israel such as positioning more troops in the Sinai than agreed up. But Israel didn't care-and rightfully so. My guess is not only some extra battalions of the Egyptian troops were not any threat against Israel but also they helped Israel/Egypt control the Gazans. I think Israel applied similar logic to let some weapons into Gaza--as justification to 'mow the grass' periodically. And we have all all seen how many times the grass has been mowed. But now everyone realizes that Israelis were too arrogant of their power and in underestimation of the Gazans' power. And hence October 7.

The Gazans have the upper hand!!

The thing is, Egypt had been already in violation of previous agreements with Israel such as positioning more troops in the Sinai than agreed up. But Israel didn't care-and rightfully so. My guess is not only some extra battalions of the Egyptian troops were not any threat against Israel but also they helped Israel/Egypt control the Gazans. I think Israel applied similar logic to let some weapons into Gaza--as justification to 'mow the grass' periodically. And we have all all seen how many times the grass has been mowed. But now everyone realizes that Israelis were too arrogant of their power and in underestimation of the Gazans' power. And hence October 7.
Extra forces maybe a violation but completely taking the Rafah border and making Egypt lose face to its population and that of the region, will more than Egypt can bear.

Extra forces maybe a violation but completely taking the Rafah border and making Egypt lose face to its population and that of the region, will more than Egypt can bear.

Exactly. Already many people say that Sisi is a puppet of the West. And by letting Israel take the Philadelphia Corridor, Sisi is going to be totally discredited--especially around this time when emotions are so high across many countries in the region.

But what's amazing is that Israel, through its vassals in America, not only offered Hezbollah to pull back from south Lebanon in exchange of $$ to Lebanon but also offered $$ to Egypt to accommodate the Israeli needs. Israelis surely are either too deluded or too stupid to know that $$ doesn't buy everything and everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back