General Economic Updates

IMG-20240815-WA0009.jpg
Editorial: From important legal documents to the customary ‘Jashn-i-Azadi Mubarak’ messages, everything is getting lost in the ether as cellular providers, undoubtedly at the behest of the authorities, continue to throttle connectivity.

Read the full editorial: https://www.dawn.com/news/1852382

IMG-20240817-WA0006.jpg
Editorial: If Pakistan continues to be seen as an unreliable partner in the global digital economy, it risks losing a significant source of foreign exchange and stifling the growth of its IT sector.

Read the full editorial: https://www.dawn.com/news/1852822

Influential sugar mills linked to ruling parties default on Rs 23 billion loans taken from public sector banks

@Forsvaret @Fatman17, this reminds me of the chart showing the government borrowing from local banks to plug the budget gap. I wonder if down the road we might see defaults and a possible collapse of Pakistan's banking system?

Last edited:

Influential sugar mills linked to ruling parties default on Rs 23 billion loans taken from public sector banks

@Forsvaret @Fatman17, this reminds me of the chart showing the government borrowing from local banks to plug the budget gap. I wonder if down the road we might see defaults and a possible collapse of Pakistan's banking system?
Anything is possible now because it's Desperation Mode.

IMG-20240818-WA0009.jpg
Editorial: That the ongoing electricity crisis could result in political difficulties for the government was obvious from PML-N leader Nawaz Sharif’s ‘address to the nation’ on Friday. The fact that the party supremo himself announced power sops for middle-class consumers confirms that he is making a frantic effort to avert a political crisis in his erstwhile stronghold of Punjab.

Read more: https://www.dawn.com/news/1853040

The fact that the party supremo himself announced power sops for middle-class consumers confirms that he is making a frantic effort to avert a political crisis in his erstwhile stronghold of Punjab.
PMLN with only 17 seats is a “stronghold” in Punjab? Lol 😂

In the end, Pakistan will be forced to open its borders to Indian products and services.

I will give an elementary example, excluding all complexities from our family business. We own, operate, and manage other strip malls in the U.S. Within each plaza, there is an anchor business that attracts the most foot traffic, and others get the benefit of it that a customer of that anchor business could stop by or remember them next time. Now imagine that the tenant next to the anchor business refuses clients who do business with the anchor. What would the result be? Lack of food traffic, drop in sales, and the eventuality of shutting down.

Pakistan's economic decisions present two paths: Either becoming the anchor business and the engine of business in the region or aligning with that anchor business to reap the benefits and scale of the economy India enjoys.

Americans, Europeans, and East Asians are all attached to their anchor neighbor because it's cheaper and more cost-effective long-term. In the end, they become your largest trade partner.

In the end, Pakistan will be forced to open its borders to Indian products and services.

I will give an elementary example, excluding all complexities from our family business. We own, operate, and manage other strip malls in the U.S. Within each plaza, there is an anchor business that attracts the most foot traffic, and others get the benefit of it that a customer of that anchor business could stop by or remember them next time. Now imagine that the tenant next to the anchor business refuses clients who do business with the anchor. What would the result be? Lack of food traffic, drop in sales, and the eventuality of shutting down.

Pakistan's economic decisions present two paths: Either becoming the anchor business and the engine of business in the region or aligning with that anchor business to reap the benefits and scale of the economy India enjoys.

Americans, Europeans, and East Asians are all attached to their anchor neighbor because it's cheaper and more cost-effective long-term. In the end, they become your largest trade partner.

Indian goods are already imported Via Dubai

Other things like Investment and Services carry a huge political risk , as we have seen in Bangladesh

Right now we don't even have Visas and Flights

Indian goods are already imported Via Dubai

Other things like Investment and Services carry a huge political risk , as we have seen in Bangladesh

Right now we don't even have Visas and Flights

The transit is adding unnecessary costs.

Give it time; it will change. Sooner or later, the beggar has no choice but to submit. Street opinion is slowing change as the narratives they were constantly force-fed are falling flat.

Multinational companies are leaving this country, and you have the net fiasco. Let's not forget the pharmaceutical houses are leaving, and India is the only generic manufacturer that is still cost-effective in the region.

In the end, the sound of an empty stomach is stronger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back