Indonesian Air Force

New Air Force Commander talking about current and future programs. Look like he is not interested in F15 acquisition and prefer more radar, drones (CH4, Anka, Turkish Bayrakar stealth drone), AWACS, and MRTT, more A400 transport planes beside talking about F16 upgrade and refurbished program. From what I know our Sukhoi is also keep being maintained and spare parts are being bought. He is also talking about C130 program refurbished and upgrade program that will be conducted by local companies which are Indonesian Aerospace and GMF AeroAsia.

Rafale, KF21/IFX, F16, Sukhoi (heavy weight fighters) are likely Indonesia future fighter squadrons with no F15 as previously planned under previous Air Force Commander.

Last edited:
Rafale, KF21/IFX, F16, Sukhoi (heavy weight fighters) are likely Indonesia future fighter squadrons with no F15 as previously planned under previous Air Force Commander.

That's a sound decision. Much better off concentrating on all the platforms you mentioned. Could probably buy half of that list for what the US will charge for brand new F-15EX or S or whatever. Plus you'll be mired in operational conditions that the US loves to instill on foreign military purchases to everyone except the zionist entity. And the drones are obviously a good way to go nowadays and for the foreseeable future. The MRTTs are also huge assets.

Getting more A400Ms is also an excellent choice. I wish the EAF would find a way to replace the C-130 fleet with those.

The cost for 24 F-15EX is equal that of a year TNI military budget.

I really like the F-15 but with that money, maybe later

Indonesia contracts Turkish Hisar-O air defense system

1714375245005.jpeg

The Indonesian Army has signed a contract with Turkey to purchase a number of Hisar-O+/RF medium-range air defense systems, with a range of +25 km for the O+ version and a range of +35 km for the RF version.

This came in an official statement on the website of the Indonesian Ministry of Defense, in which it said: “Defense Minister Prabowo Subianto, at the defense industries exhibition at JIExpo Kemayoran a while ago, witnessed the signing of a number of cooperation contracts with Turkey, including the purchase of the Hisar-O medium-range air defense system.

New Air Force Commander talking about current and future programs.

Any truth to this news? I just saw this today.

Indonesia Poised to Reignite Su-35 Jet Deal Amid Political Maneuvering​

1715730215405.png

Indonesia has been on the global defense market's watchlist, after affirmations that its intention to purchase Su-35 fighter jets from Russia remains active, despite speculations and external pressures suggesting otherwise.

Weird because this is all the article mentions. It doesn't go beyond that but I'm assuming the same thing that plagued Egypt's deal is the same thing causing friction here, especially when the US is saying the same exact thing that they'll make up for the lost deal with Russia and supply F-15s for 7X the price and 107X the conditions!

Source.

Any truth to this news? I just saw this today.

Indonesia Poised to Reignite Su-35 Jet Deal Amid Political Maneuvering​

View attachment 40327

Indonesia has been on the global defense market's watchlist, after affirmations that its intention to purchase Su-35 fighter jets from Russia remains active, despite speculations and external pressures suggesting otherwise.

Weird because this is all the article mentions. It doesn't go beyond that but I'm assuming the same thing that plagued Egypt's deal is the same thing causing friction here, especially when the US is saying the same exact thing that they'll make up for the lost deal with Russia and supply F-15s for 7X the price and 107X the conditions!

Source.
As I said previously, new Air Force commander seems to not like F15 acquisition. He has met Prabowo as well and even recent statement ( May 2024) from our ambassador in Russia confirm this.

F15 EX acquisition ofset is to make Indonesian Aerospace as one of Boeing design center to employ around 150 Indonesian design engineers, I would say if we scrap the deal than we still can employ our design engineers for R80 program that I hope will be backed by Prabowo administration. From what I know Gibran ( our next Vice President) is a die hard supporter of R80 program and Prabowo want to increase our research spending.

Last edited:
Recent scramble practice

Natuna Air Force Base

Recent scramble practice

Love those Su-30MK2s. They obviously are well maintained and kept, especially in Indonesia's subtropical environment surrounded by all those islands and ocean salt air.

Combined with the F-16 fleet and soon to be introduce Rafales plus possible F-15EXs holy mamba samba that is going to be a potent banger air force. Not that it isn't already anyway, it's just going to get a mammoth boost.

Saw this pic in an X post yesterday and posted it in the EAF thread thought it would be appropriate here since the last Rafale in this Dassault export success package of international customers is Indonesia, top Rafale. From 1st customer to last so far you got:

Egypt
Qatar
India
Greece
Croatia
UAE and
Indonesia

1717254243930.png

Solid lineup and love the F-16 camo.

1717254891782.png
1717254578658.png

Screw you, Indos I hate you for having these! lol
These MK2s look incredible.

1717254823505.png
1717254741440.png
1717254639763.png
1717254690181.png
1717254764951.png

Too bad the INMAF didn't go ahead with the Su-35SI to boost this fleet here. You wouldn't have to assume the US' restrictions on the F-15EXs which I'm only assuming the US will impose should Indonesia acquire them. They wouldn't be as restrictive as say the EAF or even Saudi Arabia, but there are always usage restrictions with US-supplied weaponry, especially their high-end fighters.

Love the BAE HAWK 209s, too, dang. These are beast attack AC. This one armed with AGM-65 Mavericks.

1717255631797.png
1717256024561.png

Love those Su-30MK2s. They obviously are well maintained and kept, especially in Indonesia's subtropical environment surrounded by all those islands and ocean salt air.

Combined with the F-16 fleet and soon to be introduce Rafales plus possible F-15EXs holy mamba samba that is going to be a potent banger air force. Not that it isn't already anyway, it's just going to get a mammoth boost.

Saw this pic in an X post yesterday and posted it in the EAF thread thought it would be appropriate here since the last Rafale in this Dassault export success package of international customers is Indonesia, top Rafale. From 1st customer to last so far you got:

Egypt
Qatar
India
Greece
Croatia
UAE and
Indonesia

View attachment 44738

Solid lineup and love the F-16 camo.

View attachment 44746
View attachment 44739

Screw you, Indos I hate you for having these! lol
These MK2s look incredible.

View attachment 44745
View attachment 44743
View attachment 44741
View attachment 44742
View attachment 44744

Too bad the INMAF didn't go ahead with the Su-35SI to boost this fleet here. You wouldn't have to assume the US' restrictions on the F-15EXs which I'm only assuming the US will impose should Indonesia acquire them. They wouldn't be as restrictive as say the EAF or even Saudi Arabia, but there are always usage restrictions with US-supplied weaponry, especially their high-end fighters.

Love the BAE HAWK 209s, too, dang. These are beast attack AC. This one armed with AGM-65 Mavericks.

View attachment 44750
View attachment 44753
Hawk will be retired as soon as Rafale comes. It will be done gradually.

F15 EX is still not sure until Today. I speculate it will be cancelled and replaced by 11 SU35 that we previously ordered.

Current Air Force Commander look like has better strategic thinking than previous ones. He prefer AWACS, MRTT, military satellite than F15. He never mention F15 EX when he is interviewed by media about future acquisition. He also stressed about budget limitation and view Rafale acquisition is already enough. Next acquisition for fighters will likely be Su35 and then KF21.

F15 EX is still not sure until Today. I speculate it will be cancelled and replaced by 11 SU35 that we previously ordered.
Now I'm really going to hate your guts, you know that? lol I hope the same exact thing happens to us.

Current Air Force Commander look like has better strategic thinking than previous ones. He prefer AWACS, MRTT, military satellite than F15. He never mention F15 EX when he is interviewed by media about future acquisition. He also stressed about budget limitation and view Rafale acquisition is already enough. Next acquisition for fighters will likely be Su35 and then KF21.

Sounds like this guy is a real military man and understands the dynamics of improving the air force within the budget constraints. Getting the best of what's available without blowing the budget. That's what leadership is all about. He must be popular.

Now I'm really going to hate your guts, you know that? lol I hope the same exact thing happens to us.

Sounds like this guy is a real military man and understands the dynamics of improving the air force within the budget constraints. Getting the best of what's available without blowing the budget. That's what leadership is all about. He must be popular.
He is former SU 27/30 pilot and former Commander of Sukhoi squadron. He is also F16 pilot when we get embargo from US where many cannot fly and need getting canibalized to allow other planes to fly.

So you could understand his tendency not to like F15 EX plan acquisition.

1951 Air Force Day Celebration. Jakarta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back