Iran Foreign Policy and Doctrine

MLK

Apr 1, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Tell me exactly in the years that have passed since the strategic deal with China, what exactly has Iran gotten in return? It was selling oil to China before the deal.
Nothing, China is a coward given their stature and power, but one could argue that the only reason they're currently are where they are is because of that "strategic timidity".

I don't nessicarly disagree with your analysis but I think your conclusions regarding Russia are somewhat premature.

"Post western excommunication Russia" is not the same the "pre war Russia".
This new Russia is a pariah state in the eyes of the western world, Russia knows that and is investing everything into Eurasia instead.

It's a total paradigm shift and we therefore should recalibrate our assumptions about Russia.
In this timeline the relationship between Iran and Russia is not just a convenient one anymore, it's now vital for the two nations future, it's an authentic bond forged by necessity.

I'm willing to give it a chance since this new relationship is still in it's infancy, let's see how it develops.

Flames In The Desert

Dec 13, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Nothing, China is a coward given their stature and power, but one could argue that the only reason they're currently are where they are is because of that "strategic timidity".

I don't nessicarly disagree with your analysis but I think your conclusions regarding Russia are somewhat premature.

This new Russia is a pariah state in the eyes of the western world, Russia knows that and is investing everything into Eurasia instead.

It's a total paradigm shift and we therefore should recalibrate our assumptions about Russia.
In this timeline the relationship between Iran and Russia is not just a convenient one anymore, it's now vital for the two nations future, it's an authentic bond forged by necessity.

I'm willing to give it a chance since this new relationship is still in it's infancy, let's see how it develops.
Well said👍,and I agree.

Reactions: MLK

Flotilla

Dec 23, 2023

Agreed.
There are symptoms;
1º.- Russia has been sending their airliners to Iran for MRO and major inspections (Iran it is an authority in this).
2º.- Russia is buying cars from Iran right now.
Those are just two hints.
Yesterday G7 was advising Iran not to sell missiles to Russia also.

Hack-Hook

INT'L MOD
Jan 11, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Agreed.
There are symptoms;
1º.- Russia has been sending their airliners to Iran for MRO and major inspections (Iran it is an authority in this).
Saina? are they going to make it for other Iranian brands ever harder Its basically a Tiba with ability to order more option with it . and guess what is Tiba , well its just a pride with updated body . they send it to Russia with that harsh weather condition . is only make Iranian brands look worse than what they are.

Immortals

Jan 18, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Agreed.
There are symptoms;

Saina? are they going to make it for other Iranian brands ever harder Its basically a Tiba with ability to order more option with it . and guess what is Tiba , well its just a pride with updated body . they send it to Russia with that harsh weather condition . is only make Iranian brands look worse than what they are.

Iran car company giants will have a tough time competing with Chinese giants and other local Russian companies.

Iranian cars have a long way to go in cost and reliability to match the foreign competition. Many Chinese companies now can threaten European and American markets much like Toyota did decades ago. That is why the West is enacting tariffs against Chinese EVs to prevent them from saturating their markets.

Iranians cars are not a true threat to developed markets. Good for Middle East/Africa/South America

Persian Gulf

INT'L MOD
Feb 19, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Iran and Bahrain to explore resuming diplomatic relations after 8 years

Last edited:

tsunset

The Legend
Sep 26, 2022

Users who are viewing this thread