Iranian Air Force (IRIAF/IRGC-ASF) | News and Discussions

We have to accept the bitter of reality bro. Israel will always air superiority thanks to American non stop support.

What fighter jet can we build that would he better than F35 and F22? Impossible mission because of decades of delay.

The asymmetric doctrine keeps high value fighter jets such as F14 or SU35 as the final air defense layer inside the country. In this doctrine, drones will protect Iranian naval assets plus the long range anti ship missiles. Not fighter bombers.

The only hope that we have in aviation sector to play that role that you mentioned, is the unmanned version of Qaher F-313. Which is still in development phase. No country in the world gives us engines and radars for fighter jets hence we are on our own. Takes time and effort

It will have air to air capability plus possibly small drones in its bay.
you want asymmetric air-force , you don't invest in airplane like F-14 or Su-35 that need airbases and large crews and specialized paveway to operate .
you build something like Grippen that a crew of 4-5 (included the pilot) can maintain from a Barn and fly from the nearest road if its 300-400m long. and if yolu are wondering french pilots who flew latest Rafale after a wargame said its fearsome how a group of pilot in those planes can come near you before you even notice it.

future belong to small to medium sized airplanes with strong data link suit not big bomb and missile haulers your country is big ok build 30 small airport instead of 4 small one and disperse them around the country

"Why spend $100M on one piece of machinery that meets 80% of our requirements (...almost certainly far less than 80% but let's make it difficult for me) when I can provide drones and/or missiles at $25K/$50K/$250k/$500K each (that's about 400x-2000x) that meets 60% of our requirements (almost certainly more than 60% but let's make it difficult for me even further)?"
name one drone we have which can play the role of a light to medium multi-role aircraft?

We have to accept the bitter of reality bro. Israel will always air superiority thanks to American non stop support.

What fighter jet can we build that would he better than F35 and F22? Impossible mission because of decades of delay.

The asymmetric doctrine keeps high value fighter jets such as F14 or SU35 as the final air defense layer inside the country. In this doctrine, drones will protect Iranian naval assets plus the long range anti ship missiles. Not fighter bombers.

The only hope that we have in aviation sector to play that role that you mentioned, is the unmanned version of Qaher F-313. Which is still in development phase. No country in the world gives us engines and radars for fighter jets hence we are on our own. Takes time and effort

It will have air to air capability plus possibly small drones in its bay.

I feel like these points have been raised so many times by different members that it's become cyclical. Some people don't want to accept the reality no matter how many times you tell them, just be glad that they dont make decisions for the military otherwise we would be doomed.

I feel like these points have been raised so many times by different members that it's become cyclical. Some people don't want to accept the reality no matter how many times you tell them, just be glad that they dont make decisions for the military otherwise we would be doomed.
your argument is because enemy have better weapon we must not build our weapon . why you guys don't talk like this about missiles , i assure you American ones are better than ours

your argument is because enemy have better weapon we must not build our weapon . why you guys don't talk like this about missiles , i assure you American ones are better than ours

We know you love American and dream that we have Rafael fighter and Patriot missiles but realistically that's never going to happen. So Iran correctly has a hybrid strategy of both internal production to the best of its ability and focus on its strengths, and also wherever it can buy from external "partners". But let's be honest, Iran has had no luck buying from Russia and China as it's like pulling teeth to get anything from these so-called allies. So it is what it is, this is the best it's going to have to be.

We know you love American and dream that we have Rafael fighter and Patriot missiles but realistically that's never going to happen. So Iran correctly has a hybrid strategy of both internal production to the best of its ability and focus on its strengths, and also wherever it can buy from external "partners". But let's be honest, Iran has had no luck buying from Russia and China as it's like pulling teeth to get anything from these so-called allies. So it is what it is, this is the best it's going to have to be.
we knew you are lying , Rafale is not American but french and everybody knew I like the Idea behind Grippen not Rafale or F-22 or F-35 or F-16 Or any Flanker and everybody knew i even don't support buying Grippen but developing on kowsar to become something like it.
everybody knew that you are lying about I like patriot and I always supported indigenous air defense
and everybody knew i never supported buying from foreigners when it come to defense sector no matter they are so called partners who back-stabbed us times and times or rivals who are at least honest on their stand about us.

and no if Iran strategy is asymmetric warfare , su-35 is as far away from that strategy as it can be, and everybody knew every time you guys come and said iran air defense and radars are copies from x country product , i came and proved you guys wrong

we knew you are lying , Rafale is not American but french and everybody knew I like the Idea behind Grippen not Rafale or F-22 or F-35 or F-16 Or any Flanker and everybody knew i even don't support buying Grippen but developing on kowsar to become something like it.
everybody knew that you are lying about I like patriot and I always supported indigenous air defense
and everybody knew i never supported buying from foreigners when it come to defense sector no matter they are so called partners who back-stabbed us times and times or rivals who are at least honest on their stand about us.

and no if Iran strategy is asymmetric warfare , su-35 is as far away from that strategy as it can be, and everybody knew every time you guys come and said iran air defense and radars are copies from x country product , i came and proved you guys wrong

Where did I use the word "American"? Rafael is western, as I stated quite clearly in my comment. I would also appreciate, as a mod, that you speak with a bit more respect and conduct yourself with a bit more decorum rather than accusing me of lying when this is not the case.

I can change my comment from Rafael to Grippen if you prefer. It doesn't change much the point I was making. Everytime someone mentions su-35 we always hear western counterparts as being better, as though Iran has an option to get them. So seeing as Iran doesn't have such privilege, they must build their own and try to buy Russian, which is what Iran has been trying to do. Please acknowledge this.

I honestly don't see what your problem is, because Iran is developing its own fighter jets but sadly some people think these things happen over night. Iran effectively used its airforce in the Iran Iraq war and I don't see that changing in another war, and is short-sighted to say it is not part of Iran's strategy. Otherwise it wouldn't be making Kowsar or attempting buying Su-35. However when it comes to blowing up terrorist hideouts and US bases drones and BMs suffice, which is where Iran has focused on.

Turkey would never have been able to build jets without foreign parts and Iran would have been further ahead than Turkey had it not been under sanctions or if it had the unrestricted oil sales to fuel the R+D required to build its own fighter. Basically what I'm saying is that's a silly comparison to make.
Shouldn't matter. Iran has the Owj engine remember?

you need proper, large and deterrence capable air force, when you get that your asymmetrical doctrine will have even more sense because "home front" will be more firm.
4.5 gen domestic fighter in hundreds distributed among allies like Yemen, Iraq and Syria would have much more impact then exposed various militias and would provide umbrella for more comprehensive and more favorable conditions for asymmetric warfare.
I think that little clash with Pakistan proved that Iran needs an air force.

if its RCS be somewhere near Rafale then be assured it'll be far more effective than Bayraktar
I think we can safely assume that it'll be FAR better than Rafale when it comes to RCS, radar performance and payload but I still don't see the point of comparing a 100 mil. $ fighter jet and 2 mil. $ UAV

Even China started with Russian engines and then built their own. We're following a similiar path but we have the advantage of starting up with a much better engine.

Exactly.

Thus proving our point that you have had foreign help. And who gave Russia or US engines? The same can be said of China as they have copied most of their designs from foreign jets, some would say stolen.

Thus proving our point that you have had foreign help. And who gave Russia or US engines?
Yeah we've hired SAAB in the initial concept work and I think we've bought some engineering support from various countries, even from Pakistan so I've heard. Nobody "helps" anybody for free.

But the end result is spectacular. I'm very happy with how this project is shaping up to be. So far almost no foreign parts in TFX apart from the engine.

And everybody is aware that F110 isn't really enough for a plane this huge. Hence thew work on a 35.000 Lbf domestic engine.

I think that little clash with Pakistan proved that Iran needs an air force.
it is so obvious that some derivates of military doctrines can not replace entirely conventional maintstream assets but who i am to argue decisions and directions of entire country.

Where did I use the word "American"? Rafael is western, as I stated quite clearly in my comment. I would also appreciate, as a mod, that you speak with a bit more respect and conduct yourself with a bit more decorum rather than accusing me of lying when this is not the case.
you stated my love for American equipment and my dream for Iran having rafale , well support that claim about i ever once supported in this forum or previous one Iran buy Rafale.
I can change my comment from Rafael to Grippen if you prefer. It doesn't change much the point I was making.
I again dare you support your claim about I even once supported buying Grippen in this foroum or previous one

Everytime someone mentions su-35 we always hear western counterparts as being better, as though Iran has an option to get them. So seeing as Iran doesn't have such privilege, they must build their own and try to buy Russian, which is what Iran has been trying to do. Please acknowledge this.
again if somebody say a modern f15 is better than Su-35 that is a fact and no i again state Iran must invest in domestic air plane that we can upgrade and improve even if in its current form its inferior to foreign one that you guys like so much but still inferior to anything our neighbors have . and for the record iran have the option of investing in domestic solution instead of wasting it on foreign parts. mark my word buying su-35 will bite us later just like when buying those mig-29 bite us latter and russia refused us upgrades they provided to anybody else .

as a mod, that you speak with a bit more respect and conduct yourself with a bit more decorum rather than accusing me of lying when this is not the case.
unless you can prove the two previous points , I'm correct and anything attributed to me a lie

you guys see Russia as partner and think they see you as such but you got it wrong Russia see us as competitor in middle east , and they still have their dream of warm water ports
I honestly don't see what your problem is, because Iran is developing its own fighter jets but sadly some people think these things happen over night. Iran effectively used its airforce in the Iran Iraq war and I don't see that changing in another war, and is short-sighted to say it is not part of Iran's strategy.
let me tell you a secret, dont tell it to anybody. its 35 year after the war it's not jus one night or one year or a decade. they abandoned Shahid Sattari vision for our air force and dream dream of Russia just like some people Dream of USA , as mr. Khomeini said God wake those people , I hope the don't wake into a nightmare

Users who are viewing this thread

Back