Iranian Air Force (IRIAF/IRGC-ASF) | News and Discussions

a reason they never delivered was because we ourselves cancelled the order and had to pay fine for that .if they didn't cancel it usa would have cancelled it in one year and we could demand compensation for breech if contract
and any source for f-18s?
The Shah basically had full access to everything and anything in US inventory - Iran is still the ally the US most wishes for because of its near perfect geopolitical location and resources z

When I look at Moscow years of stalling on selling Iran it’s Su35/Sy30 aircraft what comes to my mind is Pakistan f16 nightmare negotiations with Washington they went no where we lost a decade over them . We now went for Chinese fighter with no regrets you should do the that too move on!

The Shah basically had full access to everything and anything in US inventory - Iran is still the ally the US most wishes for because of its near perfect geopolitical location and resources z

The Iranian diaspora may yet achieve that. Who knows?

When I look at Moscow years of stalling on selling Iran it’s Su35/Sy30 aircraft what comes to my mind is Pakistan f16 nightmare negotiations with Washington they went no where we lost a decade over them . We now went for Chinese fighter with no regrets you should do the that too move on!

China doesn’t even offer Iran military grade pencils let alone fighter jets.

It’s annoying when other members show up and make such [obvious] suggestions as if Iran couldn’t think to ask China. Iran has already gone the China route with regards to fighter jets and it was not satisfactory for various reasons.

Xi Xi is another Putin who rather be a lone wolf with no true military Allies (other than I guess Pakistan). He is too in love with the Arabs and relations with the West to jeopardize that over major arms deal with Iran. The last major arms deal between China-Iran was the C-802 transfer in early 2000’s and that was a semi disaster. Today, China mostly provides Iran with components and raw materials in this day age rather than any finished high grade weapon systems.

Baring a major shift in Xi Xi’s thinking and China’s strategic thought process, Iran and Chinese military relations will remain strained and at arms length.

IRGC thru it’s economic arm controls up to 40% of a 700B-1T economy (depending on what metric you use).

Thus there is no way you are staging a coup in a country that has a military paramilitary force with social, economic, and military arms embedded into every facet of its society.

Even if Iran’s traditional military (the Artesh) were to miraculously side with anti IR groups, they wouldn’t stand a chance against IRGC + Basij and the political opponents that back them. Not to mention many Artesh commanders are former IRGC commanders.

It’s more likely that China or Russia will have changes of government than Iran. That’s how difficult it is to remove IRGC from power.

The only thing that unites the Iranian diaspora is their strange hatred of Islam/Muslims and love of Israel

They are totally leadership and divided. Better change of the Taliban conquering Islamabad than the (mostly American) diaspora achieving anything good for Iran (other than lobbying within the US for more sanctions against Iranians and for war)

The only thing that unites the Iranian diaspora is their strange hatred of Islam/Muslims and love of Israel

They are totally leadership and divided. Better change of the Taliban conquering Islamabad than the (mostly American) diaspora achieving anything good for Iran (other than lobbying within the US for more sanctions against Iranians and for war)

As I said, who knows what they might be made capable of?

As I said, who knows what they might be made capable of?
anyone who has observed them can draw their own inferences and form their opinion

As I said, they have no leader and are extremely divided, and therefore they have zero chance of achieving anything

anyone who has observed them can draw their own inferences and form their opinion

As I said, they have no leader and are extremely divided, and therefore they have zero chance of achieving anything

You are probably correct here.

i guarantee those are just dreams that won't materialize
What are Iran chances of buying Tejas from India, they have close relations. Iran needs atleast 300 fighter jets. I was surprised at the Navy, made progress with decent frigates with good firepower.

Last edited:
No he did not. Just for example Iran lost about half of its F-4 Phantom fleet during the Iran Iraq war because the U.S refused to sell Iran Anti-Radiation missiles for SEAD missions.

What are Iran chances of buying Tejas from India, they have close relations. Iran needs atleast 300 fighter jets. I was surprised at their Navy, made progress with decent frigates with good firepower.
south of 0!

No he did not. Just for example Iran lost about half of its F-4 Phantom fleet during the Iran Iraq war because the U.S refused to sell Iran Anti-Radiation missiles for SEAD missions.
Then the Shah did not provide what the US was looking for - i.e full recognition and support of Israel post the wars.

and a question
did Iran at the time had any airplane capable of such mission and carrying anti radiation missiles?

Was this Jimmy Carter who refused? Because Iran had AGM 45 and AGM 78 during the war.
Then the Shah did not provide what the US was looking for - i.e full recognition and support of Israel post the wars.

Iran fully recognised and supported Israel during the Shah's reign. The relations with US and Iran went south when Carter began virtue signalling with his distancing of what he called dictators and tyrants. Damned if you do damned if you don't when it comes to America and Iran.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back