J-31 to be inducted soon| Pilot training reportedly in progress

Sorry for the silly question but why doesn't the PAF go for the J-35? It's far more mature. Yes it's a naval fighter but with adaptably it should be fine. The British Harrier served both services as does the current F-18.
But the J-35 also comes from the same design as the J-31.
That assumes China would be willing to sell the J-35 in the first place. I'm willing to bet that whatever they give Pakistan will be a downgrade from the version that China adopts.

Hi,
Just to remind the members here on PDF, when
Will be the right situation for PAF to acquire J10s
Now I’m not going into IMF or flood situation or
BLA & whatever the scenario on the face of the earth not favourable for Pakistan to acquire latest stuff
When & the only reason for acquiring J31/35
Is IAF one & the only of cource PAF not going after USAF or any other western airforce beside other IAF also not to be considered immediately with im talking about fifth generations
So once neighbouring IAF will be in a hurry to induct whatever is available over the shelf by that time Chinese 5th will be well in service j31/35
Buying Chinese stuff doesn’t go through thick & thin of IMF but with some other sources which obviously nobody knows on this forum or if anyone knows please enlighten me with the others with some solid information
Once Rafale been inducted by IAF & PAF feels like it’s better not to sit idle they got J10c whatever their numbers are 18/20/36 but they got them asap though Cs model were in PLANAF
At least some time back before PAF got them
Thank you

At the moment PAF is attempting to keep the balance with IAF by Chinese good will. This is via china offering generous terms I feel on loans or I have even heard in exchange for rights of total.access control of strategic land be it gilgit or Gwader...more than that the Chinese get Pakistan to keep India busy in check mate mode on their west flank ...remember for china in this century outside of USA the Indians will be their main rivals in economic and military terms even bigger than Japan ...

My question is though India is growing at constant rapid rate in economics and military spending currently ten to one over Pakistan ...so how long before even the Chinese run out of finance options for Pakistan

You simply cannot sustain the balance without getting your house on stable foundations ...

Lol, that's hilarious!!

@Trailer23 @Zarvan @Deino @Quwa , everyone......

Even AI has gone in lala land by the spell of Zarvan:

In the skies of wonder, where aircraft soar,
Three species of jets, their glory to explore,
One hundred Kaans, sleek and lean,
Their engines roaring, through the clouds unseen,

One hundred J-31s, with graceful lines,
Their wings outstretched, in the sunshine shine,
One hundred J-10Cs, with power and might,
Their radar systems, always on the right,

In the blue above, they dance and play,
Their maneuvers precise, every day,
Their pilots skilled, their hearts ablaze,
Their machines, a testament to the human race,

With speed and agility, they soar with ease,
Their beauty and power, for all to seize,
Their roar echoes through the heavens,
Their glory, forever to be given.

At the moment PAF is attempting to keep the balance with IAF by Chinese good will. This is via china offering generous terms I feel on loans or I have even heard in exchange for rights of total.access control of strategic land be it gilgit or Gwader...more than that the Chinese get Pakistan to keep India busy in check mate mode on their west flank ...remember for china in this century outside of USA the Indians will be their main rivals in economic and military terms even bigger than Japan ...

My question is though India is growing at constant rapid rate in economics and military spending currently ten to one over Pakistan ...so how long before even the Chinese run out of finance options for Pakistan

You simply cannot sustain the balance without getting your house on stable foundations ...
Is India a bigger economic and military rival than Japan? Dude, you really value the status of India. To be honest, apart from the bottom line nuclear weapons, the level of competition among East Asian countries is not comparable to that of India. The pressure from the United States, Japan, and South Korea as economic and military alliances is currently sufficient to balance the influence of China and Russia in the region. In your eyes, India looks very powerful just because it is in South Asia. Returning to the theme: No weapon developed by China is designed for India. Including the so-called j35/j31.I'm really lazy to explain how big the technological gap between India and Japan is。South Korea, China, and Japan are different ethnic groups in East Asia, but their introverted and cruel competitive pressures, resilience, and cunning are consistent. When can India really compare South Korea and Japan, and then talk about the issue of pressure.

Last edited:
Lol not everything from China is available for Pakistan, get out of your wet dreams sir
Most things are. Secondly main difference between J-35 and J-31 is of landing gear and one can operate from AC and one cannot. All other things are same. So why on earth we would want J-35 when we have no need of AC.

It all depends on when J35 will be ready, China may follow Usa lead and induct a medium weight cost effective 5th generation Air to air fighter aswell. So far no information is available on their plans, we all are speculating.
I think you mentioned the key issue, and we are all speculating on how the J-35 will enter service in the Air Force。
His current exposure is primarily for naval aircraft
Every person in China who pays attention to the development of the J-35 is waiting for the final answer, because this is not only a problem with an aircraft, but also includes the strategic adjustment of the Chinese Air Force

I don't think Pakistan's use of the Chinese platform is simply a downgrade. Let's take a look at the hud used by Pakistan on j10c, which is our latest installation on j10c
PAF won't show all their cards, who knows if they have PL15? But I know that the difference between the j10ce and j10c, which are known to the public, lies in their different data links. Pakistan is the link 17. China is its own confidential data link, and evaluating the ability of an aircraft should be placed in system operations. It should be combined with early warning aircraft and other weapons to form a three-dimensional attack system, not just a simple upgrade or downgrade. I think the biggest difference in China's sale of Pakistani weapons is in the overall combat system.
Screenshot_20240408_064639_Baidu.jpg

Most things are. Secondly main difference between J-35 and J-31 is of landing gear and one can operate from AC and one cannot. All other things are same. So why on earth we would want J-35 when we have no need of AC.
No not most but only few things we can get from China, they can't share their strategic techs with us

No not most but only few things we can get from China, they can't share their strategic techs with us
If Pakistan wants to share its strategic system with China, it will at least mean that: strategic bombers (future H20), active tactical bombers H6D, aircraft carriers, J-20 055 large destroyers, various core intelligence and early warning aircraft, China's tactical strategic missile system, and a series of core equipment will be shared with Pakistan. China's overall combat system is a network, with each weapon being one of its nodes. The data chain links them to each other. Pakistan's biggest strategic opponent is India. I can't imagine Pakistan overdrawing the entire national economy to gain this ability

Users who are viewing this thread

Back