J-31 to be inducted soon| Pilot training reportedly in progress

Sorry for the silly question but why doesn't the PAF go for the J-35? It's far more mature. Yes it's a naval fighter but with adaptably it should be fine. The British Harrier served both services as does the current F-18.
But the J-35 also comes from the same design as the J-31.
How do you know PAF won't?

Catic and Avic do not authorize the sale---.
Be as it may, they are run by the Government & know whats being offered for Export (incuding to Pakistan).

Kinda like the conversation I had with the LM guys 'bout Vipers. They were like, "Hell yeah we wanna talk to Pakistan, but its something the has to go through DoD."
Buying a jet is easy---operating it is difficult---.
Buying Jets for Qatar is easy. Its pretty easy for Saudi. UAE. Even Bahrain. They got deep pockets.

Can we have the same statement for IMF's favourite client?

We got the J-10c barely a couple of years back & its already seen combat - the same way as the Rafale. I don't think we faced any difficulty there. What do you think?
You have to have an X # of additional pilots and technicians ready to take the load of added aircraft.
Please, don't give me that crap.

Why is that you down play Pakistan's Air Force as if we just woke up from cryogenic deep sleep and forgot the Basic Theory of Flight?

I got news for you, we're no different from other Air Forces that go through the exact change when a new Fighter Jet is being inducted.

We don't need additional pilots or technicians. We've already got the F-7 & Mirage guys just waiting to get off those bloody jets for something new. That is how it works in other Air Forces, you know.
I have tried to explain this phenomenon for multiple decades---but ----?????
Who are you, Shoeless Joe walking the holy cornfield? You've been trying act like some kind of a Goddamn Messiah even on [PDF 1.0]. I don't buy that crap...

Where the $$$ to buy these super-expensive stuff? Will we going to get CHINESE SOFT LOANS to get j31? or we will begg GCC to buy KAAN and KIZILELMA and ANKA-3 from Turkiye?

The first part was a sarcasm. The 2nd part should be our long term goal, to buy a J35/J31 type multi role fighter and limited number of Kaan air superiority strike fighters with loyal wingman drones. It could take decades to induct them as J35/J31 is not ready aswell as Kaan.

Sorry for the silly question but why doesn't the PAF go for the J-35? It's far more mature. Yes it's a naval fighter but with adaptably it should be fine. The British Harrier served both services as does the current F-18.
But the J-35 also comes from the same design as the J-31.

It all depends on when J35 will be ready, China may follow Usa lead and induct a medium weight cost effective 5th generation Air to air fighter aswell. So far no information is available on their plans, we all are speculating.

The first part was a sarcasm. The 2nd part should be our long term goal, to buy a J35/J31 type multi role fighter and limited number of Kaan air superiority strike fighters with loyal wingman drones. It could take decades to induct them as J35/J31 is not ready aswell as Kaan.
I'm not doing sarcasm, I'm dead serious

We got the J-10c barely a couple of years back & its already seen combat - the same way as the Rafale. I don't think we faced any difficulty there. What do you think?

Please, don't give me that crap.

Why is that you down play Pakistan's Air Force as if we just woke up from cryogenic deep sleep and forgot the Basic Theory of Flight?

I got news for you, we're no different from other Air Forces that go through the exact change when a new Fighter Jet is being inducted.

We don't need additional pilots or technicians. We've already got the F-7 & Mirage guys just waiting to get off those bloody jets for something new. That is how it works in other Air Forces, you know.

Who are you, Shoeless Joe walking the holy cornfield? You've been trying act like some kind of a Goddamn Messiah even on [PDF 1.0]. I don't buy that crap...
Hi,

Strong words---good for young pakistani kids---.

Modern weapons system---so different than the older systems---.

Only if it was that simple ---what did you say " FORGOT THE BASIC THEORY OF FLIGHT ".

What combat you talking about the J10's---the strikes against iran---a 3rd rate air force with 3rd rate air defenses---.

Those guys flying the Mirageds and F-7's waiting for new jets---?

Wake up sonny boy---they are the last ones you would want to put in those seats---. Old pilots---flying obsolete technology---. Will take a minimum of 5 years time flying the modern machines to be highly capable of combat---.

I don't give a rat's behind of you buying it or not---fighter pilots just don't happen because you walk with a stutter step acting macho---. Word like yours have been written against me by a hundred other posters---and they have disappeared in dirt---.

The fundamentals and basics don't change just because you chew the words hard or use strong language---.

From a mirage 3/5 or F7Pg piulot to switch--a minimum of 3-5 years to become a capable J10c or JF17 blk 3 pilot---.

Now please keep the rhetoric down in your reply---I am in my final laps---don't need to hear about childish desires---. If you cannot learn---click the ignore button---.

Hi,
Just to remind the members here on PDF, when
Will be the right situation for PAF to acquire J10s
Now I’m not going into IMF or flood situation or
BLA & whatever the scenario on the face of the earth not favourable for Pakistan to acquire latest stuff
When & the only reason for acquiring J31/35
Is IAF one & the only of cource PAF not going after USAF or any other western airforce beside other IAF also not to be considered immediately with im talking about fifth generations
So once neighbouring IAF will be in a hurry to induct whatever is available over the shelf by that time Chinese 5th will be well in service j31/35
Buying Chinese stuff doesn’t go through thick & thin of IMF but with some other sources which obviously nobody knows on this forum or if anyone knows please enlighten me with the others with some solid information
Once Rafale been inducted by IAF & PAF feels like it’s better not to sit idle they got J10c whatever their numbers are 18/20/36 but they got them asap though Cs model were in PLANAF
At least some time back before PAF got them
Thank you

A lot of writing about Pakistan’s financials. Just remember Egypt went on an arms buying spree soon after Sisi became the President and Muslim Brotherhood was all put in jail. If anything scares the Saudis more than Iran is populist regime in their neighborhood. A model same as Egypt was executed in Pakistan so there is enough money to go on a spree and we did. To think of it maybe the whole thing was created by the military and IK was simply used and thrown away.

A lot of writing about Pakistan’s financials. Just remember Egypt went on an arms buying spree soon after Sisi became the President and Muslim Brotherhood was all put in jail. If anything scares the Saudis more than Iran is populist regime in their neighborhood. A model same as Egypt was executed in Pakistan so there is enough money to go on a spree and we did. To think of it maybe the whole thing was created by the military and IK was simply used and thrown away.
The Deep States, by definition, have their own deep sources of finances. As for Pak, the neighborhood itself should leave nothing to imagination regarding the financial sources. On top of it, ~80% of Pak's economy is undocumented, unregulated, and untaxed....

And, the recent regime change related political comedy show has shown that every folk - including the top corrupts like Sherifs, Zardaris etc. - is a peon of the Pak Deep State.....

Last edited:
Pardon? The J-35 will become the successor of the J-15!
Exactly!!!

Given the lack of transparency, wouldn't it be safe to assume, that it is progressing exactly as per their plan?

Just because we are unable to see flying prototypes, does that mean that work on it has stopped? The J-15 platform has a lot of limitations, prime being it's engine.

If you induct as some people suggest the j31 and the Kaan you would mostly likely be the only country in the world with two different fifth generation fighters bar USA and China who both have 100 times your budget.

Is this realistic thread...
To acquire and operate effectively a real stealth fighter costs billions of dollars ...
Who actually thinks this is realistic outcome

I dont doubt at some point the J35/31 will be inducted by the PAF. I do wonder the point of saying so early about getting the plane when on the surface it seems a long way off in procuring. Maybe a morale thing but given J10s are recent and there is counterbalance and parity vs India to me seems odd to disclose.
How else Siddu sahb will get some huge kickback?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back