J-31 to be inducted soon| Pilot training reportedly in progress

For a force that could only purchase 18 new F-16's, and only 20 J-10's so far, had to reduce blk-3 order etc. ,,,,,, people are already counting 72 J-31's! And then to top it off some people call some people delusional too!! 👍

This forum is way better than hasb-e-haal and Mazaaq Raat combined. ;)
I have give you my best minimum guesstimate, 18 F16s was the reasons that 2005 earthquake squeeze the funds for F16s and as for J10C thanks for our corrupt politicians

I have way better and reasonable guesstimate than hazart @Zarvan that we will get 100 + j31 and 100+ J10C eventually

I dont doubt at some point the J35/31 will be inducted by the PAF. I do wonder the point of saying so early about getting the plane when on the surface it seems a long way off in procuring. Maybe a morale thing but given J10s are recent and there is counterbalance and parity vs India to me seems odd to disclose.

Sorry for the silly question but why doesn't the PAF go for the J-35? It's far more mature. Yes it's a naval fighter but with adaptably it should be fine. The British Harrier served both services as does the current F-18.
But the J-35 also comes from the same design as the J-31.

Sorry for the silly question but why doesn't the PAF go for the J-35? It's far more mature. Yes it's a naval fighter but with adaptably it should be fine. The British Harrier served both services as does the current F-18.
Isn't it funny that PLAN does not have a successor to the J15 😁

But the J-35 also comes from the same design as the J-31.
Because the J-35 is tailored for the needs of the PLAN primarily, optimized not purely for traditional tactical jet roles, but rather carrier operation and acting as a low observable ISR platform. The wing area has been increased, shrinking space reserved for leading edge extension and space between wing and horizontal stab which slightly hurts manoeuvrability and stealth, and from what we know side bays for WVR missiles are not included.

Because the J-35 is tailored for the needs of the PLAN primarily, optimized not purely for traditional tactical jet roles, but rather carrier operation and acting as a low observable ISR platform. The wing area has been increased, shrinking space reserved for leading edge extension and space between wing and horizontal stab which slightly hurts manoeuvrability and stealth, and from what we know side bays for WVR missiles are not included.

Thank you for this.

Pakistan hardly inducts a fighter jet in 40 number.
Pakistan hardly inducts Fighter Jets (period).

[Leaving the JF-17 conversation aside, for a moment]

When was the last time we inducted a Fighter Jet in our inventory?

The J-10c, right.

How's that coming along?

What, did you think that Pakistan is gonna play the 'PAK-CHEEN-dost-dost' card & get stuff for free with the imaginary thought that everything is on the table when it comes to Pakistan...

I've got news for you. I've spent a number of DxB Air Shows with AVIC/CATIC staff & there is no such thing as: everything on the table for Pakistan.

I don't know who your sources are.
USA refuses to sell us F 16 in the numbers we want to have otherwise we would have more than 100 F 16 also.
Lets not talk about Vipers until the US needs us.
To achieve economies of scale there is no way in hell that final number of J 10 C will be less than 100.
Well, from where I stand - i'm only counting 20 for the past 2 Full Years belonging to No. 15 Sqn (Cobras).

Where are the additional 16 to make it 36 - as was announced earlier?

What did Chengdu close shop?

China can asseble a Jet faster than Pakistan can assemble a f#*kin' Civic.

So whats with the 24 Month delay?

I'll give you a hint... You pay for stuff with it.
Same goes for J 31.
Sure, yaar. Sure.

Final thought on financing. Don't know your background, but you seem to know numbers pretty well. You've already given us dozens of 5th Gen squadrons.

Could you possibly help out Ishaq Dollar or his replacement - Minister of Finance, because it appears that they're taking the first flight to US & straight to IMF.
As for KAAN that is not coming before 2032.
Well, atleast we won't have to worry about KAAN being in Pakistan colors by Bakra Eid '24.

Pakistan hardly inducts Fighter Jets (period).

[Leaving the JF-17 conversation aside, for a moment]

When was the last time we inducted a Fighter Jet in our inventory?

The J-10c, right.

How's that coming along?

What, did you think that Pakistan is gonna play the 'PAK-CHEEN-dost-dost' card & get stuff for free with the imaginary thought that everything is on the table when it comes to Pakistan...

I've got news for you. I've spent a number of DxB Air Shows with AVIC/CATIC staff & there is no such thing as: everything on the table for Pakistan.

I don't know who your sources are.

Lets not talk about Vipers until the US needs us.

Well, from where I stand - i'm only counting 20 for the past 2 Full Years belonging to No. 15 Sqn (Cobras).

Where are the additional 16 to make it 36 - as was announced earlier?

What did Chengdu close shop?

China can asseble a Jet faster than Pakistan can assemble a f#*kin' Civic.

So whats with the 24 Month delay?

I'll give you a hint... You pay for stuff with it.

Sure, yaar. Sure.

Final thought on financing. Don't know your background, but you seem to know numbers pretty well. You've already given us dozens of 5th Gen squadrons.

Could you possibly help out Ishaq Dollar or his replacement - Minister of Finance, because it appears that they're taking the first flight to US & straight to IMF.

Well, atleast we won't have to worry about KAAN being in Pakistan colors by Bakra Eid '24.
Hi,

Catic and Avic do not authorize the sale---.

Buying a jet is easy---operating it is difficult---.

You have to have an X # of additional pilots and technicians ready to take the load of added aircraft.

That is why you see small batches of additions to the batch after you get the first 6 aircraft---.

I have tried to explain this phenomenon for multiple decades---but ----?????

Sorry but as much as a fan I am of of Pakistan air force we don't need j 31 the situation is getting extremely worse in Balochistan and northern kpk areas . Bla are openly patrolling in mach city and ttp are openly patrolling in north Waziristan

Why everyone is taking PAF's chief statement abut J-31's induction in near future so seriously? Didn't we hear about Project AZM from another PAF chief in the past? He used all this hoopla of PAF modernization/NASTP etc. to get extension which is now secured. Did you see any new PAF video after this extension was given? lolz

What I want to say is please take a chill pill everyone. Let's focus on phasing out legacy Mirages and F-7PGs replacing them with JF-17 Block IIIs and J-10CE (if possible). Induction of long range ADS like HQ-9B and HQ-16EF must be celebrated. Reduced size of Block-IIIs from 50 to 30 must be a concerning factor as economy is still in bad shape. Everything rest on its revival including Thunders and anything beyond.

As much as F35B was tailored for US Marines and bought for operating ashore in many countries, probably for Spain too in a future.
J35 makes sense. But it is too soon, and PAF have good interceptors with their new JF17 bl III and J10CE like Paksaheen79 says.

Pakistan hardly inducts a fighter jet in 40 number. USA refuses to sell us F 16 in the numbers we want to have otherwise we would have more than 100 F 16 also. To achieve economies of scale there is no way in hell that final number of J 10 C will be less than 100. Same goes for J 31. As for KAAN that is not coming before 2032.

This argument is Not applicable for 5th gen platforms and that too with extremely wrecked economy.

You can't make a point by saying that since we procured 100s of Low cost, Light weight, single engine jets like J-7, mirages or JF-17s, so we will go on and buy 100s of most expensive, dual engines 5th gen platforms. You may eventually be able to get 100 5th gen platforms but by 2040s. No way on earth it can happen by 2032 or anywhere before 2040s.

And PFX too, we're on a roller coaster. Pakistan should go for a medium weight 5th generation and then limited number of kaans as a strike fighter with AI unmanned jets.
Where the $$$ to buy these super-expensive stuff? Will we going to get CHINESE SOFT LOANS to get j31? or we will begg GCC to buy KAAN and KIZILELMA and ANKA-3 from Turkiye?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back