JF-17 - Updates, News & Discussion

JF-17 is a light-weight jet bro whereas F16s is medium weight in category, do not compare apples to oranges
It can be compared with its new engine it will be able to power its aesa radar more and carry more weapons and will be far stronger kinamaticlly. It will have 6,000 kn of extra dry thrust and a total of 100kn of wet thrust. Block 3 with its new avionics lacks only one thing and that's and HMD for pilot otherwise it can even tear apart an F15 let alone an f16. I can predict the new load out for JF17 will be 6PL15s and 2 Pl10Es what a mighty combo.

It can be compared with its new engine it will be able to power its aesa radar more and carry more weapons and will be far stronger kinamaticlly. It will have 6,000 kn of extra dry thrust and a total of 100kn of wet thrust. Block 3 with its new avionics lacks only one thing and that's and HMD for pilot otherwise it can even tear apart an F15 let alone an f16. I can predict the new load out for JF17 will be 6PL15s and 2 Pl10Es what a mighty combo.
No it can't tear apart F15 which is beast of its own, in front of upgraded F15 equipped with latest AESA and advanced avionics JF-17C has no chance, avionics wise is much more advanced than block 52 F16s but in thrust to weight ratio and lift to drag ratio and in other aerodynamic properties its still inferior to f16 block 52

Light weight jet can't carry such a heavy payloads, and payloads are dependent on mission profiles, would 4 PL15 and 2 PL10 with 3 drop tanks are enough for air defense patrols

No it can't tear apart F15 which is beast of its own, in front of upgraded F15 equipped with latest AESA and advanced avionics JF-17C has no chance, avionics wise is much more advanced than block 52 F16s but in thrust to weight ratio and lift to drag ratio and in other aerodynamic properties its still inferior to f16 block 52

Light weight jet can't carry such a heavy payloads, and payloads are dependent on mission profiles, would 4 PL15 and 2 PL10 with 3 drop tanks are enough for air defense patrols
No chance? Haha would be a tough fight but it will most definitely give the f15 a bad time with its better PL15 missiles and remember JF17 has a great Aesa radar as well jf17 has lower rcs thus the F15 will be spotted first being bigger. If jf17 has a Good pilot the f15 is getting splashed. With new ws13e engine it will be able to carry more weight and be faster. Your concept of if its light weight it will get obliterated by a heavier fighter is wrong. F15 vs jf17 is an extreme example however JF17C is no slouch in the matter and has a decent chance to splash the f15 however its likely for the f15 to win.

No chance? Haha would be a tough fight but it will most definitely give the f15 a bad time with its better PL15 missiles and remember JF17 has a great Aesa radar as well jf17 has lower rcs thus the F15 will be spotted first being bigger. If jf17 has a Good pilot the f15 is getting splashed. With new ws13e engine it will be able to carry more weight and be faster. Your concept of if its light weight it will get obliterated by a heavier fighter is wrong. F15 vs jf17 is an extreme example however JF17C is no slouch in the matter and has a decent chance to splash the f15 however its likely for the f15 to win.
I would say you're wrong all about bigger means it have more advanced avionics AESAs than China is put in on JF17C and have better tactics against JF17C, I would say JF17C chance against latest USAF F15 are 60%40% in favor of F15

I would say you're wrong all about bigger means it have more advanced avionics AESAs than China is put in on JF17C and have better tactics against JF17C, I would say JF17C chance against latest USAF F15 are 60%40% in favor of F15
I agree it's not gonna be 1 to 1 fight jf17 is at a disadvantage against f15 but its ment to face indian su30s and rafels at maximum other then the murder eagle

I agree it's not gonna be 1 to 1 fight jf17 is at a disadvantage against f15 but its ment to face indian su30s and rafels at maximum other then the murder eagle
Rafale is a real threat for Pakistan, we saw how their MKI performed on 2019 skirmish

Azerbaijan looks to buy Pakistani JF-17 jets in record $1.6bn deal​

NEWSAVIATION
ByDylan Malyasov

Feb 23, 2024

Modified date: 7 seconds ago

Photo by Megan Floyd
Azerbaijan is in talks with Pakistan to purchase an undisclosed number of fourth-generation JF-17 Thunder Block-III fighter jets equipped with enhanced radar systems and state-of-the-art weaponry in a record-setting deal worth $1.6 billion.
According to reports from Air Operation Syndicate, citing sources in Islamabad, these new aircraft would replace Azerbaijan’s existing fleet of Russian-made MiG-29 fighters.
The superiority of the JF-17 lies in its capabilities, outmatching the region’s current aircraft such as the MiG-29 and SU-25. Additionally, Pakistani fighters have the capacity to counter the S-300 air defense system.
- ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW -

This transaction stands as the largest export deal for Pakistan’s Military Industrial Complex. Alongside the aircraft, the contract includes ammunition supplies and pilot training.
The JF-17C Block III represents the latest iteration of this fighter aircraft. Capable of carrying 8 missiles of various types, it boasts modern radars and electronic warfare systems.
Publicly available data indicates the price of such an aircraft to be $25 million. With the deal surpassing $1.5 billion, Azerbaijan is set to overhaul its entire fleet of military aircraft, acquiring approximately 60 JF-17C Block III jets.
While Azerbaijani media previously reported an agreement between Baku and Islamabad for the sale of JF-17 aircraft, the contract remains unsigned at present.
Operative word is "in talks" for buying

Ok
Operative word is "in talks" for buying
One thing I can understand is price per jet will not be $25m and there is no way that 60 jets will be bought in $1.6B.
$1.6 B deal comprises of jets, ammunition, training and other extras.
More likely 16 to 32 jets will be included.

so has the contract been signed ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back