Myanmar Fires on Bangladeshi Ships Towards Saint Martin

hussain0216

Elite Member
May 28, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
It needs a solid SAM network first.

Priority should be to defend all critical sites from air attack.

BD government are stupid when it comes to defence.

Drop 2 billion US dollars on a couple of dozen SAM batteries and associated missiles and then MAF threat is much reduced.

Defensive approach, you would still need to target Myanmar forces

retaxis

Nov 16, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
View attachment 49727

Says it all

Blue is rebel control
Red is government
Shaded is contested

The Myanmar government is gone, you have a military coup losing control

Muslims are massive population, we have kept the vast majority of land conquered over the last millennium and a half.
Because our population is so large and spread, we have multiple places our population is a minority at risk, so they will on occasion face persecution and attack

But we have time and we have numbers, we have commitment as Muslims
The time for the Rohingya is coming for a free state
So according to your map your not fighting the government but the rebels then?

You assume the buddhists won't unite together? Big assumption its like pakistani baloch and taliban will all unite if India invades too

Waz

Administrator
Sep 14, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Their military is being shredded at the moment and has faced total collapse, with defeat in a number of areas.

hussain0216

Elite Member
May 28, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
So according to your map your not fighting the government but the rebels then?

You assume the buddhists won't unite together? Big assumption its like pakistani baloch and taliban will all unite if India invades too

Yeahhh they won't, it's essential we get justice for the Rohingya people

MS Sandhu

Dec 16, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I think MM bought SY-400 Rockets with a range of 400km these will prove very destructive against Land based targets

Dec 18, 2023
Neither are you some Bangladeshi depolomat who has authority to call my claim stupid. So mind your language Lilliput.
Your other countryman still harping about 25km SAM as some wonder weapon when Myanmar has multiple squadrons which can lob glide bombs upto 50-100 km.
These people really don’t know shit about modern warfare.look at Pakistan and indian armed forces.Pakistan already had spada-2000+(airforce),FM-90(army),hq-16 than Pakistan bought hq-16FE(160 km),hq-9p(125km),hq-9b(300km).india inducted s-400,israeli barak-8,their own akash sam.still both country can't guarantee 100% interception rate.and these people really think bd army can intercept Myanmar' all missile with their FM-90.what a joke they are.😁😁

Cryptonian

Dec 31, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Err, FM-90 can target glide bombs and cruise missiles and not just planes.

May help if you read the whole post of mine.

Each battery can simultaneously engage 3 targets out to maximum of 17 kilometres and they have 12 missiles each, which means quite difficult to overwhelm with saturation attacks.
You will need multiple missiles to intercept each Glide bomb successfully. Those GB kits are cheaper than SAMs, so It will be your SAMs which will get saturated.

These people really don’t know shit about modern warfare.look at Pakistan and indian armed forces.Pakistan already had spada-2000+(airforce),FM-90(army),hq-16 than Pakistan bought hq-16FE(160 km),hq-9p(125km),hq-9b(300km).india inducted s-400,israeli barak-8,their own akash sam.still both country can't guarantee 100% interception rate.and these people really think bd army can intercept Myanmar' all missile with their FM-90.what a joke they are.😁😁
Indeed, Considering our Akash with 45+ km range is 300k$, FM-90 might cost at least 100$ pop. 50k$ bombs with 20k$ gliding kits will overwhelm their imported batteries.

bengalcdn

SpeedLimited
Dec 10, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
They aren't real Canadians like you KANGLOO lmao

Just pulling your leg - You should feel free to be a proud Canadian or anything else you want to be

Just stay out of india.
Sorry pal I am Canadian citizen. Those protesting aren’t. Please tell them to stay in india and stop coming here to scam people.

PakFactor

Elite Member
Sep 29, 2019
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
View attachment 49727

Says it all

Blue is rebel control
Red is government
Shaded is contested

The Myanmar government is gone, you have a military coup losing control

Muslims are massive population, we have kept the vast majority of land conquered over the last millennium and a half.
Because our population is so large and spread, we have multiple places our population is a minority at risk, so they will on occasion face persecution and attack

But we have time and we have numbers, we have commitment as Muslims
The time for the Rohingya is coming for a free state

Their military is being shredded at the moment and has faced total collapse, with defeat in a number of areas.

I have not followed this conflict at all, but looking at the map, I'm surprised the military regime has lost so much control of the country. From what I know, they were ruthless in the suppression of dissidents, but to see it come to this is shocking.

Reactions: Waz

Waz

Administrator
Sep 14, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I have not followed this conflict at all, but looking at the map, I'm surprised the military regime has lost so much control of the country. From what I know, they were ruthless in the suppression of dissidents, but to see it come to this is shocking.

That's what came to bite them in the end. They simply created so many enemies, the enemies all teamed up and are now slaughtering them. The military has ran out of recruits, it's supply lines are being attacked, it faces multiple fronts so is stretched thin and has no way of paying for new weapons as a result of disruption to oil and gas production.
They're on their last legs.

bengalcdn

SpeedLimited
Dec 10, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
China doesn't have to provide much. Whatever weapons cache Myanmar has is enough to cripple Bangladeshi underwear stitching economy for a decade.
Myanmar is in a civil war. Half the country is controlled by rebels. Myanmar army cannot defeat these rag tag rebels and you think they can then fight Bdesh.

Cryptonian

Dec 31, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Myanmar is in a civil war. Half the country is controlled by rebels. Myanmar army cannot defeat these rag tag rebels and you think they can then fight Bdesh.

Do you see Pakistani Army bombing their BLA/TTP rebels using Jf-17 or F,16 ??
Full might of Air force is not used against their own rebels. Myanmar won't fight one hand tied against BD.

hussain0216

Elite Member
May 28, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

They created too much turmoil, the Rohingya massacre itself isolated them and made them a pariah

Myanmar still has a Rohingya population, and the military was even trying to draft rohingya to fight the numerous different rebels

Myanmar is a mess and it's getting worse, it's currently lost control of multiple areas and those different areas the ethnicities are all pushing for independence

This i why it's vital that the Rohingya are trained, prepared and supplied with the means to take Arakan province as a free homeland, apart from the Rohingya areas, Myanmar has lost control of Arakan to the so called Arakan army a rebel group

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
You will need multiple missiles to intercept each Glide bomb successfully. Those GB kits are cheaper than SAMs, so It will be your SAMs which will get saturated.

Indeed, Considering our Akash with 45+ km range is 300k$, FM-90 might cost at least 100$ pop. 50k$ bombs with 20k$ gliding kits will overwhelm their imported batteries.

Yes you are right as probably two missiles will be used to target each glide bomb that is assessed to be hitting a high enough priority target.

In one post I did state that the FM-90/CIWs/FL-3000N combinations on BN warships would be overwhelmed after some time, which will probably be arranged in "Fleets" in order to provide mutual protection.

Now we all know that BD will get hit multiple times as it stupidly has not bothered with proper SAM systems and a decent airforce, but some here are trying to make it look like that BD military is totally defenceless against MAF which is simply not true.

BD also has options to "fan the flames" with the civil war raging across Myanmar and can help "take care" of the military junta just by providing training, weapons and use of special forces in conjunction with rebels.

Last thing the junta wants is to start a war with BD. They have enough wars raging across their territory with all the ethnic groups that are sick of the Barman State anyway,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts