Myanmar Fires on Bangladeshi Ships Towards Saint Martin

Do you see Pakistani Army bombing their BLA/TTP rebels using Jf-17 or F,16 ??
Full might of Air force is not used against their own rebels. Myanmar won't fight one hand tied against BD.
BLA and TTP doesn’t control any territory in Pakistan. They mainly hide amongst the civilian population or have bases across the border in Afghanistan. If you have such info show us a map of Pakistan with territories currently outside Pakistan govt control and in the hands of BLA and TTp. In Myanmar on the other hand huge swathes of land is under the control of various rebel factions. So your comparison is not logical at all.

Bangladesh prioritizes economic development as there is no active threat to our security.

Large population can cut both ways, if you can contiue to grow your economy sustainablely, they become a huge asset With significant potential. But if your economy is in gutter, then large population is only a strain on the state to bear. BD does not want to see itself in the later situation.

You have to remember, even in 2010 BD's GDP was only $115 billions. Now it's $460 billions. We were quite poor even just a decade and a half ago. There wasn't lot of forex available to spend on large scale procurements. However, there has been lots investment in raising new military formations and building neccessary infastracture to accommodate them in the same period. Bangladesh army has increased nearly 30% in size since 2010. This decade focus has shifted more on procurements more. But current economic recession has set us back temporarily. But there are talks going on the Navy side.

BD's national forces are facing a significant problem in terms of deterrence. I don't want to sound disrespectful but I feel like I could take over the entire nation with a bunch of guys from our village back home. Bangladesh's military capabilities do not align with its economic status.

Hassina deliberately chose not to spend money on defense procurements, impacting the country's reputation and global standing significantly. Throughout her career, she has consistently made poor choices. What's more concerning is her failure to update the armed forces, and I'm not just referring to procurement programs. The military requires a complete overhaul, starting from its very foundation.

Military discussions often revolve around advanced weapon systems, yet a modern armed forces encompasses much more than just weaponry.

Crucial components like strategic depth, effective order execution, a functional chain of command, knowledgeable officers, qualified soldiers capable of making sound decisions in high-pressure scenarios, and merit-based recruitment are all either missing or mostly inadequat in today's BAF.

Crucial components like strategic depth, effective order execution, a functional chain of command, knowledgeable officers, qualified soldiers capable of making sound decisions in high-pressure scenarios, and merit-based recruitment are all either missing or mostly inadequat in today's BAF.

Yes, military is underfunded. But these things you said are largely incorrect. BD armed forces has a quite functional chain of command and capable officers.

As I emphasised earlier. 30% increase in ground forces is massive. 3x new division was raised to fill the strategic gaps and neccessary infastracture was developed to accommodate them. That is quite significant development for the Army within a decade. More than 500 armored vehicles, 88 new tanks and 90 new Howitzers were acquired. As well as 200+ old tanks were modernised in the same period. Now army is shifting its focus on long Range indirect fire/artillery capabilities (I.e. SP Howitzers and GMLRS) and air defence capabilities.

Similarly navy saw good developments. An entire new dimension of wardare was added. Building a submarine base and developing all neccessary infastracture alone costed $1.2 billions. + acquiring 2x training subs. (Now it will be expanded with ongoing frigate program and additional state of art new subs procurement as stated by MoD)

Unfortunately BAF is the only service that didn't see any such large development like army and navy. I can only hope it will change in the near future with the realization of new fighter and air defence procurement.

One of defining factor of modern warfare is digital integration and synchronisation across the formation. Which Bangladesh Armed forced understand well.

The navy has integrated its headquarters, frigates and submarines into a single network.

The army and air force has developed integrated air defence network.

Post in thread 'Bangladesh Air Force' https://defencehub.live/threads/bangladesh-air-force.1613/post-328968

Right now economy is doing bad, so Hassina doesn't have many choices.

Sorry pal I am Canadian citizen. Those protesting aren’t. Please tell them to stay in india and stop coming here to scam people.

oh wow mr. canada.

yyou should go tell your local canadian punjabi immigrant your feelings. will be a small reenactment of operation searchlight.

Yeahhh they won't, it's essential we get justice for the Rohingya people
give them a suburb of lahore

I said, not the densest. I am not sure what you are refuting.
It is. Other nations which have higher density are city states which are not real nations but just a single city except Maldives which is not a city but an island chain but even that is made of extremely micro-islands.

It is. Other nations which have higher density are city states which are not real nations but just a single city except Maldives which is not a city but an island chain but even that is made of extremely micro-islands.

City states are real nations. Specially if it is Singapore.

City states are real nations. Specially if it is Singapore.
Nope, they are not real nations. They are just artificial constructs for religious, political, cultural or historical reasons. Singapore was part of Malaysia but was kicked out. Singapore state head was crying that Singapore does not even have water for survival. Eventually with interference of USA-UK, a deal was struck whereby Malaysia had to supply certain amount of water to Singapore and some other concessions were taken from Singapore in return. I would not consider a city state that exist because it was kicked out of a big nation & even needs to import water as a real nation

oh wow mr. canada.

yyou should go tell your local canadian punjabi immigrant your feelings. will be a small reenactment of operation searchlight.

Rohingya have their own land and homes, it's a duty to help them gain independence from their enemies

It's not different to Kashmir or Indian Muslims needing freedom away from hindus

View attachment 49727

Says it all

Blue is rebel control
Red is government
Shaded is contested

The Myanmar government is gone, you have a military coup losing control

Muslims are massive population, we have kept the vast majority of land conquered over the last millennium and a half.
Because our population is so large and spread, we have multiple places our population is a minority at risk, so they will on occasion face persecution and attack

But we have time and we have numbers, we have commitment as Muslims
The time for the Rohingya is coming for a free state
What is the authenticity of this map?? Even I can do it....

What is the authenticity of this map?? Even I can do it....

Just Google what's happening in Burma at the moment, it's near enough heading towards a civil war

oh wow mr. canada.

local Canadian born Punjabi’s hate indians lol

Rohingya have their own land and homes, it's a duty to help them gain independence from their enemies

It's not different to Kashmir or Indian Muslims needing freedom away from hindus
not different in the sense that both are getting slapped so hard theyre going to cry for 50 years about it

make a support group with palestinians and uyghur

tough times for the ummah :cry:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back