Over Dozen Army Casualties in Tirah

I think unless people have served in any actual combat such criticisms whilst meritorious are unqualified.
You don’t need to service or be in combat to know when fired upon you need to duck for cover. It’s basic even a civilian knows how to do it.

You don’t need to service or be in combat to know when fired upon you need to duck for cover. It’s basic even a civilian knows how to do it.
Not necessarily but it’s a matter of muscle memory. Civilians also do not duck at times and can freeze over - depending upon the individual or response.

I remember back in 1999 with Kargil I was barely a kid and we used to have some military folks come to our place for late tea and they were showing recordings of Indian troops being hit by shells and bullets on the main trunk that was being targeted and they stood there like mannequins and getting ripped apart like rag dolls after a shell hit again and again - not just because of training but it was the suddenness of not expecting to be hit there.

In another video online of Pakistani forces clearing a compound it was plain training - no concept of corners or covering each others blind spots they take needless casualties but it was “Pakistan Zindabad” at the end. I showed it to a US soldier who was so dismissive of their tactics stating “these guys consider their men pretty expendable”

Its a matter of training not just from initial training but constant drills. That happens for Pakistan’s SSG but the regulars(on average) are generally equivalent or lesser trained than reserves of most western armies.

Lack of training prevails since canon fodder, in this part of the world, is relatively cheap and in abundant quantities. I wonder, is it in the interest of some quarters to not to see an economic boom....it would certainly dry up the "Abundant quantities" of canon fodder? Just like the Vadera and jagirdar do not want education in their neck of the woods so that keep the strangle hold on adequate labor employed in fields!! An innocent observation!!

Again I respectfully disagree, unless you have experienced combat, such wild criticisms as in your earlier posts in my opinion are unqualified and unfair.

Not necessarily but it’s a matter of muscle memory. Civilians also do not duck at times and can freeze over - depending upon the individual or response.

I remember back in 1999 with Kargil I was barely a kid and we used to have some military folks come to our place for late tea and they were showing recordings of Indian troops being hit by shells and bullets on the main trunk that was being targeted and they stood there like mannequins and getting ripped apart like rag dolls after a shell hit again and again - not just because of training but it was the suddenness of not expecting to be hit there.

In another video online of Pakistani forces clearing a compound it was plain training - no concept of corners or covering each others blind spots they take needless casualties but it was “Pakistan Zindabad” at the end. I showed it to a US soldier who was so dismissive of their tactics stating “these guys consider their men pretty expendable”

Its a matter of training not just from initial training but constant drills. That happens for Pakistan’s SSG but the regulars(on average) are generally equivalent or lesser trained than reserves of most western armies.
I agree there isn’t a value for loss of life
What’s the biggest mockery more then anything is when an officer or major gets killed from a notable family then an asim munir or a bajwa decides to show up with cameras at the shaheeds families home for spec ops……”hey look at us we care” disrespecting a family in mourning.
then as soon as the cameras turn off they pack up and go to the next grieving family.
The rot is at the core.
I don’t view the Indian army in any high esteem but when they suffer major losses an inquest or review is done and it enters public domain.
In the pak army’s case they may do a review but they repeat the same mistake over and over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back